Keep Tyrone home game at home...

Started by longrunsthefox, February 04, 2010, 05:25:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longrunsthefox

Does he think we are made of money?... There are enough away games to follow without this ...

Harte wants April Croke Park date

Mickey Harte believes Tyrone's 2010 NFL clash with Dublin should be played in Croke Park.

The mouth-watering Division One meeting - which coincides with the final round of league fixtures - is currently fixed for Omagh on April 11. But the O'Neill County supremo is prepared to relinquish home advantage if both counties can agree a mutually-beneficial package:

"The Dublin game is a home game but I wouldn't mind if it was away in Croke Park. It would be up to the two counties involved to get together and decide on potential benefits of having it there.

"They could negotiate with Croke Park and hope everyone would see it as a win-win situation.

"[Playing Dublin in Croke Park] always generates a serious atmosphere that you can't get anywhere else unless you are in an All-Ireland semi-final or final.

"Competitions like the Allianz league need to be in Croke Park. Let's promote it, let's bring young children there and add value to the occasion."

gerry

in fairness except for two all tyrone games handy this year
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Zapatista

If Tyrone were to beat the Dubs in Croke Park again it might add to their mental inferiority to Tyrone and be usefull come the summer. The same way Cork shit themselves at the thought of Kerry in Croke Park. If Tyrone were to go and lose in the NFL it wouldn't effect them as much the summer ;)

longrunsthefox

Aye but last year he was asking for Tyrone-Armagh in Ulster champioship to go to Croke Park as well.  Is all right for the manager and team, some of us have to pay for eating and petrol and families on a day trip to Dublin.

Farrandeelin

Dammit, I thought he might have said we'll go to Castlebar to take on Mayo.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Zapatista

Quote from: longrunsthefox on February 04, 2010, 07:23:30 PM
Aye but last year he was asking for Tyrone-Armagh in Ulster champioship to go to Croke Park as well.  Is all right for the manager and team, some of us have to pay for eating and petrol and families on a day trip to Dublin.

You're right fox is is a bit much to be asking it. I think Harte just wants everything to be bigger and better all the time. It's probably a quality in him as a manager.

haranguerer

Quote from: longrunsthefox on February 04, 2010, 07:23:30 PM

Hes not playing the games for you.

If harte is putting this out there then its clear he sees it as anadvantage to his team - probably that with their mobility the bigger open spaces suit better, while at the same time ostentatiously saying to Dublin that they hold absolutely no fear for Tyrone. Dublin cant handle pressure, and there would be more pressure on them playing in croker than omagh.

gerry

We always seem to play better in croker than at home. As i said in the other tread a quarter filled croker if we are lucky would be dead. Seeing that headquarters will behind on the money front this year with less income coming in, i can hardly see the number crunching men of croker letting this loss  making game going ahead.
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

ONeill

I'd say it's Mickey's way of getting a run-out in Croke, especially for the newer players, in a relatively hostile atmosphere. The result is irrelevent to an extent. No flies on the Glencull Guru.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

LeoMc

Mickey just wants to keep the players familiar with Croker. Ensures there will be no nerves when it comes to the big games.

under the bar

Proper order.  Give the Tubs another spring/winter lesson in football in their own back yard.

sandwiches_in_the_boot

How much would they charge into Croker for the NL?
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

Club Rossa

It's obvious that Mickey wants his charges to get a run on Croker as early as possible,but he certainly isn't thinking of our supporters on this one.

Zapatista

Quote from: Club Rossa on February 05, 2010, 09:05:03 AM
It's obvious that Mickey wants his charges to get a run on Croker as early as possible,but he certainly isn't thinking of our supporters on this one.

IF it works then the supporters will benefit over the year. If it is for the benefit of the team at least he has his priorities right.

Canalman

We don't want game in CP also. Personally want to see how our (hopefully) new team performs in what I personally think is the most hostile and spiteful venue in Ireland....... going on what I saw when there for the NFL game the year before the "Battle of Omagh". No point in exposing a team in transit to the CP glare imo.

Also, think Tyrone CB would want a large % of gate receipts when 85%+ of fans will be Dubs. No way josé.
Anyway I don't think there would be a big crowd given the disgust amongst Dublin fans about last August.

Presume we will hear the usual guff........  promoting the game...... let the kids in for free...etc yakkedy yak.

Healy Park it has to be.