Paul Galvin

Started by sammymaguire, January 28, 2010, 10:24:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sammymaguire

Has anyone heard anything controversial recently about the 2009 footballer of the year, the 1000th All-Star?

Is he a teacher?  ???
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

orangeman

Quote from: sammymaguire on January 28, 2010, 10:24:15 AM
Has anyone heard anything controversial recently about the 2009 footballer of the year, the 1000th All-Star?

Is he a teacher?  ???

It was in the papers -

nothing of any consequence here. Yes he is a teacher.

Kerry football star Paul Galvin is at the centre of controversy again after accidentally striking a pupil with a duster in the classroom.

The All-star and former Kerry captain is understood have thrown the duster while teaching a class at St Brendan's College in Killarney on Monday.

The duster ricocheted and struck a pupil on the head, but the student was not injured. Galvin left the school but returned to class yesterday.

The incident has plunged Galvin back into controversy after his notorious suspension during the 2008 championship.

LOAD OF SHITE

sammymaguire

didn't see the papers but its right then that he hit some young fella...?
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

AZOffaly

That's fairly brutal. How many other teachers up and down the country lose the rag? Is there an indo feature on them? What happened to the Irish Independent? Didn't it used to be a newspaper.

longrunsthefox

I'm no fan of Galvin but I think this publicity is unfair as if it was anyone else wouldn't be in the papers. Leave him alone. I'm sure they'll sort it out among themselves.

heffo

Ridiculous stuff and typical of the anti-GAA stance from the Independent group.

Maybe he deserved the attention he got in the media in 2008, but articles of this nature about GAA players should be off limits.

nrico2006

I don't like Galvin either and as was my view on Cavlan recently stuff like this should be left alone as it has nothing to do with the sport or the mans behaviour on the field.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

orangeman

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 28, 2010, 10:41:12 AM
That's fairly brutal. How many other teachers up and down the country lose the rag? Is there an indo feature on them? What happened to the Irish Independent? Didn't it used to be a newspaper.

A while ago.

This sort of shit really annoys me.

The Konica

Well as the paper alledged ... a "duster ricocheted and struck a pupil on the head, but the student was not injured" ...

::)

If that was 20 years ago I'd ignore it ... but I thought dusters flying round the place went out with the CBS .... shame.

I'm certain that story doesn't surprise many around the country.

Who used the term 'corner boy' on TV?

ziggysego

What was the student supposed to have done? The wee fella was probably pushing Galvin's button. None story.
Testing Accessibility

INDIANA

Indo has crossed the line here. Yet agin.

It appears soccer players can kick each other in the head and still make the backpages. While the personal life of an amateur Gaa player makes the news pages.

Isn't the editor of the Indo a Kerryman? Talking about hanging your own out to dry

heffo

small white mayoman

what did the student do knock peig sayers out of galvins hand or something like that  ;) . when we used to go to school it was an aquired skill avoiding the flying glantoir . the young lads these days are too soft  hard to believe its making the papers
All Ireland Champions 2006 & 2007

Chris agus Snoop

Paul Galvin involved in a violent incident? Thats completely out of character.