iPad unveiled

Started by ONeill, January 27, 2010, 07:52:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Johnson

Quote from: JimStynes on April 16, 2012, 11:42:18 AM
The woman got the new ipad, can anyone recommend a good case/cover for the new ipad. Also is there any other things you recommend buying for an iPad that you have found handy.

Did you not buy her it whilst on YOUR stag do? You must have blew the wheels clean off.

Get a screen protector thing.

JimStynes

Quote from: Don Johnson on April 16, 2012, 11:44:04 AM
The woman got the new ipad, can anyone recommend a good case/cover for the new ipad. Also is there any other things you recommend buying for an iPad that you have found handy.

Did you not buy her it whilst on YOUR stag do? You must have blew the wheels clean off.

I bought her it for her wedding present and now I also get to use it. Win Win.

thebigfella

Don't bother, your only spoiling the quality display with a piece of cheap plastic.  There is no real need if you have a sleeve or cover already.

Minder

Quote from: thebigfella on April 16, 2012, 02:31:24 PM

Don't bother, your only spoiling the quality display with a piece of cheap plastic.  There is no real need if you have a sleeve or cover already.

I would second that, if you look after it you won't need a screen protector. Just give it a wipe, the IPad, with a microfiber cloth.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

DickyRock

I boought a leather knomo sleeve. Don't like the cases that stay on permanently.

Minder

Quote from: DickyRock on April 16, 2012, 10:01:30 PM
I boought a leather knomo sleeve. Don't like the cases that stay on permanently.

Are the Apple smartcovers any use? I have a child proof cover but wouldn't mind something a bit less bulky when I am using it myself. I have read reviews that they start to fray and disintegrate after a few months.

DickyRock

A couple of the lads in work have them. Haven't heard of any fraying, but they do bitch about how it leaves lines down the screen - it cleans the screen but not where the folds are.

I'd thought about the smart cover but wanted something enclosed so that I could fire it about without worrying about scrapping the shite out of the back. ( not that I'm overprotective of it)

ziggysego

Quote from: Minder on April 16, 2012, 10:04:24 PM

Are the Apple smartcovers any use? I have a child proof cover but wouldn't mind something a bit less bulky when I am using it myself. I have read reviews that they start to fray and disintegrate after a few months.

I've one, it's the bee's knees.
Testing Accessibility

Minder

Quote from: ziggysego on April 17, 2012, 02:02:22 AM

Does it mark your screen?

stephenite

I've one, it does mark the screen but not badly. Depending on the shine from external light (which can sometimes show the marks up) I clean it about once a week. I use it quite heavily during work and at home for web browsing.
Bought a display screen solution and small microfiber cloth for about $10 AUD.

ziggysego

Quote from: Minder on April 17, 2012, 07:18:41 AM
Quote from: ziggysego on April 17, 2012, 02:02:22 AM

Does it mark your screen?

Not significantly.
Testing Accessibility

DickyRock

It's not really a mark that it leaves but a smudge.

ONeill

Quote from: Minder on April 12, 2012, 01:21:39 PM
What is the best software for putting ripped films from laptop to IPad?

There's a free app called flexplayer. Download her onto your ipad, sync and open it in your itunes library on your laptop or PC and drag the movie over. Reads all formats.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

Inside itunes. Click on 'my iPad' down the left hand side or whatever you call your ipad. Then along the top you have the horizontal line of all the options on your ipad  - music, movies, podcasts etc. Click on 'apps'. Scroll to the very bottom of all your apps and you'll see the flex-player with an empty box. Drag your movie folder from your desktop onto this empty box, then press 'apply'.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: ONeill on July 07, 2012, 12:21:00 PM
Quote from: Minder on April 12, 2012, 01:21:39 PM
What is the best software for putting ripped films from laptop to IPad?

There's a free app called flexplayer. Download her onto your ipad, sync and open it in your itunes library on your laptop or PC and drag the movie over. Reads all formats.

What's the quality like when using viewing the videos through this?