iPad unveiled

Started by ONeill, January 27, 2010, 07:52:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

The visual quality of the movie is fine. The audio is iPad quality so not brilliant.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Tony Baloney

Any pricing out for the mini yet?

Minder

Apple don't just give you the US price converted to pounds as the UK pricing, it will be a bit more than the straight conversion.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

AZOffaly

Any idea what the specs are? What#s the difference between it and an IPAD 2?

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

imtommygunn

4G is all well and good but the coverage on 3G isn't even too hot yet.

Interesting move by apple going in to compete on the smaller tablets. Their turnaround looks similar to that of WH Smith selling amazon kindles after more or less calling amazon the devil.

The speed for day to day usage will barely be noticeable. I'd expect games would be the difference.

glens abu

Could someone please explain to me [who hasnt a clue about this things] what cant an ipad do that can be done on a laptop? I only use my laptop for internet,e-mails,itunes and have things like family photos all stored on it.

J OGorman

apple's processors are about 2 years behind Samsungs. Apple have an unreal marketing department as they arent in the same ball park re performance

AZOffaly

Quote from: J OGorman on October 24, 2012, 01:49:39 PM
apple's processors are about 2 years behind Samsungs. Apple have an unreal marketing department as they arent in the same ball park re performance

What's the apps like J? I have an IPOD Touch, and I love it, but I'm thinking of getting an IPAD mini if they are any good. The real use I get out of my iPOD touch is the Radio Apps, listening to American Sports, etc. I don't really use it to browse t'internet, but I do use a lot of apps, from Banking Online to Train Timetables, to Twitter and Facebook apps, as well as things like online magazines (SPorts Illustrated), Sky Go, etc etc.

Would I be an eejit to jump horses now, or should I make the switch to an Android Tablet?

nifan

Quote from: J OGorman on October 24, 2012, 01:49:39 PM

2 years? anything to back that up?

clarshack

Quote from: glens abu on October 24, 2012, 01:46:56 PM
Could someone please explain to me [who hasnt a clue about this things] what cant an ipad do that can be done on a laptop? I only use my laptop for internet,e-mails,itunes and have things like family photos all stored on it.

maybe it's just me but the ipad seems to be more or less a fashion accessory.

give me a good laptop over an ipad any day. sure the ipad doesn't even support flash (i know html5 is taking over but still).

anyway here's a feature on the poor workers who make the ipad in china:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=V3YFGixp9Jw

AZOffaly

Yeah, the brother in law is a pilot with BA and he's over and back a lot to the States.

glens abu

Quote from: clarshack on October 24, 2012, 02:03:40 PM
Quote from: glens abu on October 24, 2012, 01:46:56 PM

maybe it's just me but the ipad seems to be more or less a fashion accessory.

give me a good laptop over an ipad any day. sure the ipad doesn't even support flash.

anyway here's a feature on the poor workers who make the ipad in china:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=V3YFGixp9Jw

Many thanks Clarshack,my laptop is past its sell by date and was thinking of changing to Ipad as I heard you can use it as a kindle.

AZOffaly

Sure you can use your laptop as a Kindle as well. I have kindle software on a laptop.

glens abu

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 24, 2012, 02:13:19 PM
Sure you can use your laptop as a Kindle as well. I have kindle software on a laptop.

Didn't know that thanks,but think it would be handier for reading in the smaller size anyway