iPad unveiled

Started by ONeill, January 27, 2010, 07:52:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nifan

Flash will be an irrelevance soon enough. I think most techs appreciated that a long time ago, but most people prefer to have the support until then, as opposed to jobs puritanical view.

Currently I think the transformer prime it the best alternative available but the tablet thats denting apple most is the kindle fire in the us.

Ill be interested to see where that goes as there are rumours of a fire 2 as a more direct ipad competitor, and also a 7inch ipad to compete with the kindle.

tbrick18

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on March 01, 2012, 12:12:33 PM
Quote from: tbrick18 on February 29, 2012, 12:31:55 PM
Quote from: Minder on February 29, 2012, 12:15:37 PM
Quote from: tbrick18 on February 29, 2012, 11:36:27 AM
What is the IPad3 meant to bring to the table over and above the IPad2?
I really dont get the whole apple fixation at all. Yes they look nice, but can you do anything with an IPad that you cant do with an Android tablet?
For the price of them you could buy a decent laptop!

The Samsung Galaxy tab, 7.7" screen is £480.

Ok ok ok, you get pricey android tablets too....but, generally speaking you can buy cheap android tablets, which is what I was getting at. What functionality does the pricey IPad (or android) give you that the budget version doesn't (even though there is no such thing as a budget IPad)?
£480 quid would buy a quare laptop....and if I was going to spend that type of money I cant for the life of me see why I would buy a tablet over the laptop.
Maybe I'm missing something completely with them, that's all I'm trying to work out.

What budget 10 inch Android tablets would you recommend brick? Would be used just for general browsing and hooking up an external hard disk via USB to. If it could accept a wifi dongle that would be a bonus.

Honestly dont know enough about them to recommend one. I've been looking into it a bit recently and it seems one of the better budget Androids is the Archos (price depending on screen size, but approx £140 for a 10 inch screen). Also go for a capacitive screen as opposed to a resistive one. Most of the Androids I've looked at all have wifi built in, but for a 3g enabled one you have to pay a bit extra. And make sure you buy one that has full android market access. There are quite a few androids about with custom android OS's on them that dont have android market access, so look out for that when buying one as if it doesnt, you're restricted to the apps preinstalled on the device.

Archie Mitchell

New iPad to be announced at 6pm today. Be interesting to see what improvements there is.

Strong rumours of a smaller, cheaper iPad 2 to be launched this evening as well.

ziggysego

Strong rumours it will be called iPad HD
Testing Accessibility

AZOffaly

Sorry lads, had to do it :D

ziggysego

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 07, 2012, 04:30:10 PM

I reporting you to the mod, for posting a red x!
Testing Accessibility

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: ziggysego on March 07, 2012, 04:32:42 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on March 07, 2012, 04:30:10 PM

I reporting you to the mod, for posting a red x!

You reported him to yourself?

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

amallon

So its not iPad 3 its just iPad
Retina display
Quad Core processor
5mp camera
4g Wireless
Capable of shooting in 1080p
New OS -iOS5

The apple store has crashed so demand must be high.
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: amallon on March 07, 2012, 08:13:53 PM
Retina display
Quad Core processor
5mp camera
4g Wireless
New OS -iOS5

Does this mean there is a "full" release later?

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: amallon on March 07, 2012, 08:13:53 PM
Retina display
Quad Core processor
5mp camera
4g Wireless
New OS -iOS5

Sounds like the new HD screen is the business alright along with a faster processor. Will stick with my iPad 2 though.

thebigfella

Was at the event today, lets just say the screen is worth the upgrade :)

nifan

It isnt a quad core cpu.
Dual core processor - quad gpu - hence apples claims on the "graphics performance" being 4x tegras.
Claiming that it is 4x the performance of the tegra3 is a bold claim, and backed up with no benchmarks at all.

Megaman

pre-ordered mine  ;D

havent bothered buying an ipad before, but as the boss is fitting the bill i couldnt resist  :)