Sigerson Cup

Started by An Laoch, January 27, 2010, 02:51:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drici

Quote from: stronghold on February 05, 2010, 11:14:17 AM
Ulster Bank Sigerson Cup Quarter Finals Wed 17th Feb 2pm

UUJ v Maynnoth - Jordanstown

Wonder if it would be the same place if spelt Johnstown.

Celt_Man

Quote from: gallsman on February 10, 2010, 06:32:58 PM
The Sigerson is an absolute joke. Kevin McGourty playing for UCD? Last I heard he was helping organize Fianna Fail in Down. Brian Cullen in DCU? How long has Johnston been at DCU?

Cullen is back in DCU doing a Masters and Johnson is in his final year of PE teaching.... all above board.  Wouldn't have a clue about McGourty
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Glensman

Quote from: Celt_Man on February 11, 2010, 02:57:18 PM
Quote from: gallsman on February 10, 2010, 06:32:58 PM
The Sigerson is an absolute joke. Kevin McGourty playing for UCD? Last I heard he was helping organize Fianna Fail in Down. Brian Cullen in DCU? How long has Johnston been at DCU?

Cullen is back in DCU doing a Masters and Johnson is in his final year of PE teaching.... all above board.  Wouldn't have a clue about McGourty

I believe McGourty doing a PHD at UCD...you not keep up to date with your clubmate gallsman?

Maynooth is where its at (overheard Cork wrongly...must learn to check facts when eavesdropping).

BallyhaiseMan

Seanie is doing his second degree as Celt Man said, He has a degree in Accounting from DCU already,
You cant blame lads staying as long in college and doing PHD's and Masters with the job climate like it is today.

unitedireland

I hear its free into the UUJ v Maynnoth game.
Hopefully there will be big support. At the last round it seemed like there were more Poly supporters!
2pm Next Wednesdayers

drici

Wednesday February 17th

2 00 PM Johnstown      University of Ulster Jordanstown v NUI Maynooth Padraig Mullan
2 00 PM DCU               Dublin City University  v Cork Institute of Technology Paul Finnegan
2 00 PM AIT GAA Pitch Athlone Institute of Technology  v Institute of Technology Sligo Derek Fahy
2 00 PM Mardyke         University College Cork  v G.M.I.T. TBC

'Johnstown' does turn out to be Jordanstown.

Atticus_Finch

haven't heard much build up to these next set of fixtures at all.

If anyone can post updates later to the games,  it would be well appreciated.

Thanks
"The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."

An Laoch

UU Jordanstown vs NUI Maynooth
   1/8    11/1    5/1

DCU vs CIT
   2/3    6/1    3/2

Athlone IT vs IT Sligo
   15/8    7/1    1/2

UCC vs GMIT
   8/15    7/1    7/4

Celt_Man

Big game down in St. Claire's today... If memory serves me correctly I think DCU and CIT killed each other at the same stage last year.  Some very exciting players on display hopefully it'll be a good game

shark

Quote from: Celt_Man on February 17, 2010, 12:44:44 PM
Big game down in St. Claire's today... If memory serves me correctly I think DCU and CIT killed each other at the same stage last year.  Some very exciting players on display hopefully it'll be a good game

Yeah it went to extra time last year, with Colm O'Neill the difference in the end.  DCU with home advantage this time tho.
Expect them to prevail to meet UUJ.  With Sligo against UCC on the other side.

shark

Quote from: shark on February 17, 2010, 01:49:32 PM
Quote from: Celt_Man on February 17, 2010, 12:44:44 PM

Yeah it went to extra time last year, with Colm O'Neill the difference in the end.  DCU with home advantage this time tho.
Expect them to prevail to meet UUJ.  With Sligo against UCC on the other side.
well done to athlone and maynooth. Good job im not a betting man....

Carmen Stateside

Dougal

f**k f**k f**k.didnt realise sigerson was on today,fancied athlone and had insider info on maynooth,so would of went for them an dcu for a treble.
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

DirtyDozen12

Double on Manooth and Athlone would have been the ticket today, wile odds to be giving. 
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

Celt_Man