Author Topic: The Official Tennis Thread  (Read 48805 times)

quit yo jibbajabba

• View Profile
Re: The Official Tennis Thread
« Reply #675 on: July 13, 2019, 11:57:43 PM »
Big Serenas on the Google as we speak...

Orior

• View Profile
« Reply #676 on: July 14, 2019, 08:15:59 AM »
Big Serenas on the Google as we speak...

Lol
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Angelo

• View Profile
« Reply #677 on: July 14, 2019, 08:26:27 AM »
The Nadal-Federer semi-final took a while to get going but the last couple of sets were superb. Just felt Rafa was always having to chase it, losing the first few points on every game and always finding himself in trouble but he dug in and battled like nobody else can.

Federer certainly has another few years left at the top level.

He has never beaten both Djokovic and Nadal in the same slam so it would be some feat for him to do this year but hard to look past Djokovic. Once again the first set is crucial, Federer wins it and I fancy him to do it, Djokovic takes it and I really struggle to see how he can come back.

under the bar

• View Profile
« Reply #678 on: July 14, 2019, 07:00:04 PM »
Some final this!

Maiden1

• View Profile
« Reply #679 on: July 14, 2019, 07:02:00 PM »
Some final this!
Nearly as good as the cricket, super over to win WC
If you want something, you have to work for it. Now quiet they're about to announce the lottery no's

TheOptimist

• Stay til the end
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: July 14, 2019, 07:04:06 PM »
Some final this!

See that. So what is a super over?

Maiden1

• View Profile
« Reply #681 on: July 14, 2019, 07:05:22 PM »
Some final this!

See that. So what is a super over?
1 over each.

England seriously lucky. Last over Stokes stuck it up in air guy caught it then walked over the line. 6 runs England. Couple balls later England scramble for 2 and guy tried to stump him and it hits Stokes bat on way to wicked and that goes for 6.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 07:07:48 PM by Maiden1 »
If you want something, you have to work for it. Now quiet they're about to announce the lottery no's

Boycey

• View Profile
« Reply #682 on: July 14, 2019, 07:35:50 PM »
Lol, the explanation of someone who doesn't really follow cricket id say. Incredible excitement but a harsh way to lose, just play another super over ffs

Maiden1

• View Profile
« Reply #683 on: July 14, 2019, 07:40:12 PM »
Lol, the explanation of someone who doesn't really follow cricket id say. Incredible excitement but a harsh way to lose, just play another super over ffs
Haha that's true. I might take it up.

Better explanation.

https://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/cricket/cricket-world-cup/114235286/cricket-world-cup-2019-englands-ben-stokes-deflects-throw-for-six

Angelo

• View Profile
« Reply #684 on: September 09, 2019, 02:17:10 AM »
Vamos Rafa!!!

No 19

He had to win that game three times after throwing it away twice. I don't think he'd have recovered from that if he lost it.

Mikhail Prokhorov

• View Profile
« Reply #685 on: September 09, 2019, 02:22:46 AM »
Vamos Rafa!!!

No 19

He had to win that game three times after throwing it away twice. I don't think he'd have recovered from that if he lost it.

Amazing match, my compatriot did us proud there, both in need of an IV i think.

Rafa too tough in the end.

gallsman

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: September 09, 2019, 02:27:05 AM »
Incredible final
"Never mind your why. Why ain't in your repetoire no more n***a"

Angelo

• View Profile
« Reply #687 on: September 09, 2019, 06:50:19 PM »
If Medvedev can sustain or build up this year's summer hard court form then he will win a hard court slam next year for sure.

I think Djokovic might now struggle to reach 20, the next gen will all be taking confidence from Medvedev and they will have the belief that they are as good or better than them. The problem for Djokovic is that they are all at their best on hard courts, guys like Zverev, Tsitsipas, Rublev, Khachanov, FAA and Shapovalov all have a game made for hard courts and that's Djokovic's bread and butter.

I think the changing of guard is now going to come a lot sooner than people think and I think we'll have a next gen slam champion for sure next season.

I think Nadal will just do enough (injury permitting) to oust Federer in slam titles and rightfully take his place as the GOAT. He still has no peers on clay and I think if he gets the next two years of play without injuries or setbacks he will pick up one or two RG. I think last night might be his last non-clay slam though.

nrico2006

• View Profile
« Reply #688 on: September 09, 2019, 10:02:21 PM »
If Medvedev can sustain or build up this year's summer hard court form then he will win a hard court slam next year for sure.

I think Djokovic might now struggle to reach 20, the next gen will all be taking confidence from Medvedev and they will have the belief that they are as good or better than them. The problem for Djokovic is that they are all at their best on hard courts, guys like Zverev, Tsitsipas, Rublev, Khachanov, FAA and Shapovalov all have a game made for hard courts and that's Djokovic's bread and butter.

I think the changing of guard is now going to come a lot sooner than people think and I think we'll have a next gen slam champion for sure next season.

I think Nadal will just do enough (injury permitting) to oust Federer in slam titles and rightfully take his place as the GOAT. He still has no peers on clay and I think if he gets the next two years of play without injuries or setbacks he will pick up one or two RG. I think last night might be his last non-clay slam though.

I reckon Djokovic will easily hit 20 and finish top of the pile. Then again, Nadal could keep winning at RG until he is 40.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

omaghjoe

• View Profile
« Reply #689 on: September 09, 2019, 10:22:41 PM »

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Thats like saying Mick Lyons was a better footballer than Maurice Fitzgerald