Author Topic: Poppy Watch  (Read 237722 times)

Tubberman

• View Profile
Re: Poppy Watch
« Reply #2295 on: October 13, 2019, 11:58:59 AM »
I saw my 1st poppy of the year today, in Dublin Airport of all places. The whole of Norn Iron seemed to be there on route to Amsterdam for tomoro nights game. Plenty of tops etc but one guy had a jersey with the biggest poppy I ever seen emblazoned on the front of it....
Whatís the story with poppys in the south? Saw two people wearing them this time last year and was taken aback. Didnít think anyone wore them. Both were fairly old people.

I've never seen anyone wear one in the south but maybe the west brit D4s would have a few candidates that would wear them.

Had lunch in the Hillgrove in Monaghan a good few years ago and saw a couple wearing them. Got my attention as i wouldn't have expected it there. Not unusual to see the odd one around Dublin

I've never seen anyone wear one in Dublin
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

red hander

• Masters of the dark arts since 1996
    • View Profile
« Reply #2296 on: October 13, 2019, 10:09:19 PM »
I saw my 1st poppy of the year today, in Dublin Airport of all places. The whole of Norn Iron seemed to be there on route to Amsterdam for tomoro nights game. Plenty of tops etc but one guy had a jersey with the biggest poppy I ever seen emblazoned on the front of it....
Whatís the story with poppys in the south? Saw two people wearing them this time last year and was taken aback. Didnít think anyone wore them. Both were fairly old people.

I've never seen anyone wear one in the south but maybe the west brit D4s would have a few candidates that would wear them.

Had lunch in the Hillgrove in Monaghan a good few years ago and saw a couple wearing them. Got my attention as i wouldn't have expected it there. Not unusual to see the odd one around Dublin
Naive

Brave people  ;D I was in Frames in Belfast one lunchtime when a guy walked in wearing an England shirt. Was just when tourism was taking off, and fella was obviously non the wiser. After the silence was broken couple of locals went up and shook his hand for being the ballsiest man in Belfast that day.

Orior

• View Profile
« Reply #2297 on: October 13, 2019, 10:26:41 PM »
Poppy brooch advert popping up in my Facebook feed.

Have already penned a strongly worded email to Zuckerberg.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians