Is it ok to like.........?

Started by PadraicHenryPearse, January 26, 2010, 06:24:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Quote from: Puckoon on January 26, 2010, 08:10:26 PM
Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on January 26, 2010, 06:24:18 AM
Music by the Black Eyed Peas?

Some of the recent stuff is just stuck in my head and not that bad. But it is far removed from the music i generally listen too (plus i just hate the look of them). Anyone else have this problem or a solution? Or even is anyone embarrassed to say they like some group/singer etc. For instance who likes Celine Dion? I haven't met one person ever who likes her/her music...

I went to see Celine Dion in Ceasars Palace in Vegas, the show was fantastic and the music was very good. She is a fine singer, although I wouldnt put her on the CD player.

There's only one song of her's I like. I found absolution when I discovered Jim Steinman wrote it.
Testing Accessibility

ross4life

as example Elvis never wrote a song he's better known as a singer/performer so it if you discover a song wasn't wrote by a certain artist it shouldn't change your Opinion!
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

ziggysego

Quote from: ross4life on January 26, 2010, 08:33:38 PM
as example Elvis never wrote a song he's better known as a singer/performer so it if you discover a song wasn't sang by a certain artist it shouldn't change your Opinion!

It didn't change my opinion. I realised it was the actual song I liked and not Celine. I'm a fan of Jim Steinman's work :P
Testing Accessibility

pintsofguinness

What's wrong with celion dion? Wouldnt be a fan but she's got fine voice.

She'd have more women followers I'd say
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

muppet

Quote from: Puckoon on January 26, 2010, 08:10:26 PM
Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on January 26, 2010, 06:24:18 AM
Music by the Black Eyed Peas?

Some of the recent stuff is just stuck in my head and not that bad. But it is far removed from the music i generally listen too (plus i just hate the look of them). Anyone else have this problem or a solution? Or even is anyone embarrassed to say they like some group/singer etc. For instance who likes Celine Dion? I haven't met one person ever who likes her/her music...

I went to see Celine Dion in Ceasars Palace in Vegas, the show was fantastic and the music was very good. She is a fine singer, although I wouldnt put her on the CD player.

Where would you put her, the sink?
MWWSI 2017

5 Sams

At the risk of getting a hammering from the Wobbler and Goldenyears the next time I'm drinking with them in the club...

I LOVE ABBA......

There I said it :-\
The Aristocrat Years

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

ballinaman

To turn the microwave off at 1 second to avoid the beep?

ludermor

gallsman

I have two Miley Cyrus songs on my iPod. Fully aware that they are musically and lyrically shit, but that doesn't stop them being incredibly catchy.

How about Taylor Swift or The Corrs?

Zapatista

Hardy

Vegemite - absolutely not. Marmite, though - mmmmm.

muppet

Quote from: ballinaman on February 04, 2010, 10:44:44 AM

If that is to save money from the electricity needed to make the beeb then it is not ok.

And it's your round.
MWWSI 2017

ballinaman

Quote from: muppet on February 04, 2010, 02:47:49 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on February 04, 2010, 10:44:44 AM

If that is to save money from the electricity needed to make the beeb then it is not ok.

And it's your round.
What ya having? it's due to the piercing beep noise, not a fan of it....

Zapatista

Quote from: Hardy on February 04, 2010, 02:46:54 PM
Vegemite - absolutely not. Marmite, though - mmmmm.

That's just sick.