The Good American in Haiti

Started by magickingdom, January 25, 2010, 07:39:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrones own

QuoteAdd me to the list of people who won't reply to your idiotic posts
I was always taught that there's no such thing as an idiotic question

I knew there was more to the agenda and propagandizing of this thread than just the noxious, hateful speech
of George Galloway then it dawned on me that there were scary similarities to a book I just read...Saul Alinsky's "Rules for Radicals"

I think rule #1 from an excerpt taken from the "rules for radicals" below may have come in to play here judging by the way their argument seems to have broken down :'(

1). "Never go outside the expertise of your people. When an action or tactic is outside the experience of the people, the result is confusion, fear and retreat.... [and] the collapse of communication. :D

2) "Whenever possible, go outside the expertise of the enemy. Look for ways to increase insecurity, anxiety and uncertainty. (This happens all the time. Watch how many organizations under attack are blind-sided by seemingly irrelevant arguments that they are then forced to address.)

3) "Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules. You can kill them with this, for they can no more obey their own rules than the Christian church can live up to Christianity."

4) "Ridicule is man's most potent weapon. It is almost impossible to counteract ridicule. Also it infuriates the opposition, which then reacts to your advantage."

5)"Keep the pressure on,  with different tactics and actions, and utilize all events of the period for your purpose."

6)"The major premise for tactics is the development of operations that will maintain a constant pressure upon the opposition. It is this unceasing pressure that results in the reactions from the opposition that are essential for the success of the campaign."

7)"If you push a negative hard and deep enough, it will break through into its counterside... every positive has its negative."

8 ) Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.  In conflict tactics there are certain rules that [should be regarded] as universalities. One is that the opposition must be singled out as the target and 'frozen.'...
  "...any target can always say, 'Why do you center on me when there are others to blame as well?' When your 'freeze the target,' you disregard these [rational but distracting] arguments.... Then, as you zero in and freeze your target and carry out your attack, all the 'others' come out of the woodwork very soon. They become visible by their support of the target...
'

"One acts decisively only in the conviction that all the angels are on one side and all the devils on the other."

Even with all this time tested expertize at your finger tips....ye still couldn't get it done  :-[
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Tyrones own

QuoteStart to behave yourself and maybe you won't find yourself so isolated
Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.  ::)
  - Walter Lippmann

PadraicHenryPearse

Oh i've heard of this book. This is the book that Obama lives his life according to Fox news.

heganboy

Quote from: AFS on February 05, 2010, 02:30:50 PM
It is at least possible to follow muppet's thought process and reasoning. TO's posts read like a textbook of logical fallacies and diversion tactics. He seems to have decided that his opinions are infallible, so anything challenging these are instantly dismissed with reams of smarmy, emoticon ridden, condescension. There has been no genuine debate on this thread, because it is impossible to debate with someone who outrightly refuses to even consider their opponent's arguments.
In fairness to TO, thats how they roll over here in the good old US of A, for further examples please see:

or

or just a general all over kind of thing here

because its fair and balanced...

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Tyrones own

Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on February 09, 2010, 03:00:34 AM
Oh i've heard of this book. This is the book that Obama lives his life according to Fox news.
No not necessarily  :-*...you can also ask L. David Alinsky his view, you might be shocked to find it's
not entirely different to what Fox news has reported, and yes he's Saul's son who is extremely proud
of his old man and his teachings!
  - Walter Lippmann

Tyrones own

Ah come on HB..ye left out the "#1 for nearly ten years"
No need to kick ye boy's when your down,
I think the ratings speak well enough for themselves.

Good use of space there by the way to quickly get the page turned ;)
  - Walter Lippmann

PadraicHenryPearse

I have Fox News in Thailand. It is massive for the GOP/Tea Party. Why it is allow to even suggest it is a news channel is incredible. It is all Opinion. I don't have access to other American New Channels but they must be really bad if so many watch Fox.

Its kinda funny but O'Reilly is the sane one on the station and usually doesn't go as far as the others. The great American panel and Beck have to be the biggest joke on tv. Someone should tell Hanratty how to conduct a panel not give his opinion on everything and end with "i'm a Reagan conservative"  that show certainly isn't "fair and balanced" with two reds and a blue.

Beck is a hateful bastard. He wants to do everything to solve all american problems and speaks like he is the heartbeat of the nation. Crys on cue for his country and belittles every other nation on the planet. Inward and backward looking.

Fox anyone who is green is an extremist or radical anyone who holds rallies is a patriot if they are gop but radial if they are dems. It is LCD stuff, all questions are leading questions to make dems look bad and gop look great. Its a mouthpiece. The dems should really get on fox as much as possible to conter some of the shit peddled.

I cannot wait to see the headlines that all soliders waterboard their kids from Fox News today. Just like all Muslims in the Army want to kill Americans during fort Hood. 

ardmhachaabu

stew, bad form of you.  Debate the points I have raised or you get the ignore treatment too
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

ludermor

Why isnt there an ignore fuction on this forum, its on others and it works great. It would cut out a hell of a lot of the bickering that goes on ( and weed out thsoe that actually want to continue to bicker!)

stephenite

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on February 09, 2010, 09:28:11 AM
stew, bad form of you.  Debate the points I have raised or you get the ignore treatment too

The ignore function on here is a great tool - have only ever used for it for some p***k from Kiltane but it has enhanced my Gaaboard experience no end!!

Hardy

It's a good idea in theory, but I can't do it. It'd be like going to the zoo and staying in pets' corner.

ludermor

Quote from: stephenite on February 09, 2010, 09:55:03 AM
Quote from: ardmhachaabu on February 09, 2010, 09:28:11 AM

The ignore function on here is a great tool - have only ever used for it for some p***k from Kiltane but it has enhanced my Gaaboard experience no end!!
:D That must be why IntoDwest has gone into hiding!

ardmhachaabu

The child I talked about before is now in a London hospital with David Nott who is a saint imo
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

stew

Quote from: Tyrones own on February 05, 2010, 01:06:56 AM
Quote from: muppet on February 04, 2010, 11:47:20 PM
Quote from: Tyrones own on February 04, 2010, 10:48:55 PM
QuoteFunny that. Criticise US foreign policy and you are a US hater.
Nope...I've already covered that! it's the rest of the antagonistic horse shit piled on top of it!
QuoteExplore that a bit and even the NeoCons admit that Israel could be handled better and that Iraq was a disaster.
Yep....think we've settled that one also, so what's the excuse now with the continued bitterness and animosity?
Quotein conclusion we need to invade more strategically located/oil producing counties because their lunatics need liberating more than the other lunatics.
Leave the Lunatics in Mayo out of this :D

You seriously expect people to like murdering liars such as the NeoCons? Dictatorship regimes what's the difference actually...right?
Fcuk, Finally.... 22 pages later you f i n a l l y break down and admit that you do
indeed have underlying antipathy toward this Country in having such a vitriol point
of view... which evidently has overflowed to other aspects of what the US is about!
Shame really to go through life carrying such virulence for anyone or anything that doesn't
think, speak or share in your opinions!
Yet you have the audacity to call yourself a Pacifist ::)

Pacifism when it suits an agenda is not pacifism at all.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

stew

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on February 12, 2010, 07:10:15 PM
The child I talked about before is now on her way to a London hospital with David Nott who is a saint imo

So the big bad yanks decided to let the child live after all eh ardmachaabu. ::) ::) ::)

Anyway, the child is going to be ok thank God.

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.