The Good American in Haiti

Started by magickingdom, January 25, 2010, 07:39:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

Quote from: Tyrones own on February 05, 2010, 02:23:00 AM
Quote from: Hardy on February 04, 2010, 09:00:02 AM
Yes, more "hate speech" from Declan. Shame.
Is there any way possible that in your collective attempts to somehow strengthen your biased views of the US
that ye could quote and post articles that aren't written by biased progressive Liberals not to mention
a self confessed fan of the Great Hugo Chavez's policies.  :o  Mark Weisbrot, are you kidding me! :D
Seriously, the love and support of Dictators on this board is actually scary
If what ye believe is right on the money then FFS do yourselves a favour and quote an impartial writer for once
..I might actually enjoy reading it.

Listen, Archie Bunker -

On second thoughts, I won't.

muppet

Quote from: Tyrones own on February 05, 2010, 01:06:56 AM
Quote from: muppet on February 04, 2010, 11:47:20 PM
Quote from: Tyrones own on February 04, 2010, 10:48:55 PM
QuoteFunny that. Criticise US foreign policy and you are a US hater.
Nope...I've already covered that! it's the rest of the antagonistic horse shit piled on top of it!
QuoteExplore that a bit and even the NeoCons admit that Israel could be handled better and that Iraq was a disaster.
Yep....think we've settled that one also, so what's the excuse now with the continued bitterness and animosity?
Quotein conclusion we need to invade more strategically located/oil producing counties because their lunatics need liberating more than the other lunatics.
Leave the Lunatics in Mayo out of this :D

You seriously expect people to like murdering liars such as the NeoCons? Dictatorship regimes what's the difference actually...right?
Fcuk, Finally.... 22 pages later you f i n a l l y break down and admit that you do
indeed have underlying antipathy toward this Country in having such a vitriol point
of view... which evidently has overflowed to other aspects of what the US is about!
Shame really to go through life carrying such virulence for anyone or anything that doesn't
think, speak or share in your opinions!
Yet you have the audacity to call yourself a Pacifist ::)

How does hating murderers conflict with pacifism?
How does hating the Neocons mean an underlying antipathy to the US?
I hate Nazis but I dont hate Germans. See.

In your polarised world everything is so black and white that your only option is to do as you are told or start a revolution. You don't seem to be the type to have the balls for the latter.
MWWSI 2017

Keyser soze

Bloody hell, there are some slow learners on this thread, I can't believe you's are are still feeding the bears 20 pages later, though admittedly some of the posts on here are top quality comedic stuff.

I'm always up for a debate, in fact it's hard to bate a good humdinger of an argument on occasion, but surely to god you's have bound to have realised by now that it is completely pointless having an argument with TO, simply because he refuses to engage in anything remotely approaching debate.

S/he reminds me of Vicky Pollard being called up in front of the headmaster,

'yeah but no but yeah but no but yeah but it was Sue Jones fault cos she snogged Jason who's goin out with Whitneys big sister who has the 3 kids by Trace's brothers.................'

Tyrones own

Quote from: Hardy on February 05, 2010, 09:20:51 AM
Is there any way possible that in your collective attempts to somehow strengthen your biased views of the US
that ye could quote and post articles that aren't written by biased progressive Liberals not to mention
a self confessed fan of the Great Hugo Chavez's policies.  :o  Mark Weisbrot, are you kidding me! :D
If what ye believe is right on the money then FFS do yourselves a favour and quote an impartial writer for once

Listen, Archie Bunker -

:D Because ye can't...ye have nothing!
-Keyser, sort this out will ye?
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

muppet

Quote from: Keyser soze on February 05, 2010, 01:46:55 PM
Bloody hell, there are some slow learners on this thread, I can't believe you's are are still feeding the bears 20 pages later, though admittedly some of the posts on here are top quality comedic stuff.

I'm always up for a debate, in fact it's hard to bate a good humdinger of an argument on occasion, but surely to god you's have bound to have realised by now that it is completely pointless having an argument with TO, simply because he refuses to engage in anything remotely approaching debate.

'yeah but no but yeah but no but yeah but it was Sue Jones fault cos she snogged Jason who's goin out with Whitneys big sister who has the 3 kids by Trace's brothers.................'

Because it is hilarious. It's like the Simpsons Cat Lady meets Fox News.
MWWSI 2017

Tyrones own

Quotethough admittedly some of the posts on here are top quality comedic stuff.
No doubt.... it's quite hard to debate when the Great debaters  ::) will doing nothing but hurl
abuse and vitriol all day long but simply can't answer the most basic of questions.
So if this is your idea of debating..well it's embarrassing to say the least!
  - Walter Lippmann

Tyrones own

QuoteS/he reminds me of Vicky Pollard being called up in front of the headmaster,

:D See that right there is embarrassing stuff unless you're 10 yrs old of course
and that's usually when I have to remind myself of what frequents this board :-[
  - Walter Lippmann

mountainboii

Quote from: Keyser soze on February 05, 2010, 01:46:55 PM

True. Muppet and others may be dead wrong on every issue and TO's position may be 100% correct, but there is only one side offering anything remotely approaching a genuine argument. It is at least possible to follow muppet's thought process and reasoning. TO's posts read like a textbook of logical fallacies and diversion tactics. He seems to have decided that his opinions are infallible, so anything challenging these are instantly dismissed with reams of smarmy, emoticon ridden, condescension. There has been no genuine debate on this thread, because it is impossible to debate with someone who outrightly refuses to even consider their opponent's arguments.

Hardy

Quote from: Tyrones own on February 05, 2010, 02:06:37 PM

Listen, Archie Bunker -

I wasn't going to, but since you insist on goading everyone within spitting range, I'll respond just this once. I have no intention of engaging with you, for the same reason I never bother discussing football with the magpie outside in the garden. I just know what would happen. It'd be along the lines of me asking "well, what did you think of the match?" and him replying with a screech and a dropping. Where do you go from there?

But anyway, I feel the need to point out to you, in response to your lie that I'm expressing biased opinions about the US that I have expressed no views whatever on the US, biased or otherwise, in this exchange.

I won't be replying to whatever melange of Homerisms, emoticons and eccentrically arranged punctuation marks you will undoubtedly deploy in response. I have grass to paint, or whatever.

johnneycool

Never argue with a fool..........

Billys Boots

Quote from: johnneycool on February 05, 2010, 03:05:25 PM
Never argue with a fool..........

This thread should be a stark reminder of that wisdom.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

muppet

Quote from: Hardy on February 05, 2010, 03:00:56 PM
Quote from: Tyrones own on February 05, 2010, 02:06:37 PM

Listen, Archie Bunker -

I wasn't going to, but since you insist on goading everyone within spitting range, I'll respond just this once. I have no intention of engaging with you, for the same reason I never bother discussing football with the magpie outside in the garden. I just know what would happen. It'd be along the lines of me asking "well, what did you think of the match?" and him replying with a screech and a dropping. Where do you go from there?

But anyway, I feel the need to point out to you, in response to your lie that I'm expressing biased opinions about the US that I have expressed no views whatever on the US, biased or otherwise, in this exchange.

I won't be replying to whatever melange of Homerisms, emoticons and eccentrically arranged punctuation marks you will undoubtedly deploy in response. I have grass to paint, or whatever.

23 pages and that is the best summation of the argument.
MWWSI 2017

ardmhachaabu

Channel 4 news did a report from Haiti earlier about a 3 month year old child who has had an arm amputated, has a serious head injury which needs urgent medical care or the child will die, her parents were killed in the earthquake.  She will die without the treatment

Well the thing is, the US military have decided that a doctor with Medecins Sans Frontieres is not allowed to take the child to the UK to get this treatment.  Where is the sense in that?  Who gave them the right to decide whether or not this doctor could take the child to London?

Spare me the bullshit about the US doing good when they are happy to let any child die.  They said it's because the child hasn't got the proper documentation - did you ever hear the like of it?
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

J70

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on February 06, 2010, 08:18:28 PM
Channel 4 news did a report from Haiti earlier about a 3 month year old child who has had an arm amputated, has a serious head injury which needs urgent medical care or the child will die, her parents were killed in the earthquake.  She will die without the treatment

Well the thing is, the US military have decided that a doctor with Medecins Sans Frontieres is not allowed to take the child to the UK to get this treatment.  Where is the sense in that?  Who gave them the right to decide whether or not this doctor could take the child to London?

Spare me the bullshit about the US doing good when they are happy to let any child die.  They said it's because the child hasn't got the proper documentation - did you ever hear the like of it?

Could be some bureaucratic over-reaction to the child abduction stories.

magickingdom

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on February 06, 2010, 08:18:28 PM

check your facts on that story. .