They think it's all over, it is now....

Started by Rosie McCann, January 25, 2010, 03:26:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rosie McCann

The two Biffo's are coming to town, Brian and Gordon. Wait for the recriminations and blame game to start now!

Orior

Quote from: Rosie McCann on January 25, 2010, 03:26:37 PM
The two Biffo's are coming to town, Brian and Gordon. Wait for the recriminations and blame game to start now!

Are you from the banks of the Bann, Rosie McCann?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Rosie McCann

Hurler on the Bitch

I think that the lack of interest in this thread says a lot about politics here. If Stormont fell tomorrow - would there be rioting on the streets? No. Would anyone feel a "democratic deficit"? No. Does anyone care? No. The fact is that it is a failed tinpot talking shop where 108 lick-spittles and half-baked politicians feather their nests and talk bollocks. It really is a glorified County Council... adios!!

Denn Forever

Its more a case of what can they do?

Gordon Brown has the most power as he controls the purse strings but all can do is say "ah come on lads".

No news is good news I think?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

ha ha derry

Quote from: Hurler on the Bitch on January 25, 2010, 10:17:34 PM
I think that the lack of interest in this thread says a lot about politics here. If Stormont fell tomorrow - would there be rioting on the streets? No. Would anyone feel a "democratic deficit"? No. Does anyone care? No. The fact is that it is a failed tinpot talking shop where 108 lick-spittles and half-baked politicians feather their nests and talk bollocks. It really is a glorified County Council... adios!!

Correct!

Zapatista

Quote from: ha ha derry on January 26, 2010, 09:44:15 AM
Quote from: Hurler on the Bitch on January 25, 2010, 10:17:34 PM

Correct!

I for one would like to see the devolution of policing and Justice to happen. It's only a talking shop as the real de3cisions are still made in London. If Stormont fails then it would have been a waste of time but if it succeeds and gets control of some real politics (as it is supposed to) then it will become very important to us. Right now it's a work in progress (or without progress). You really need to look at what it function should and could be rather than giving up so easily. If people get bored with it due to stalling by unionists then the unionists win and all the work so far would have been a complete waste of time and a wasted opportunity.

Rosie McCann

Eamonn Mallie has just posted on Twitter ' Peter Robinson expected to speak with the media shortly. Hurry up Peter it is very cold here! - are we about to hear anything of substance?

Hereiam

Don't expect too much. The westminister elections are in may and this will not be sorted out until after that. The Dopy Unionist Party have too much to loose if they give a date for this transfer of powers.