Sky+ HD

Started by mournerambler, January 20, 2010, 11:15:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildweasel74

John should played abit with it, they normally proceed to give things half time and in some case free for 3 months with some hard sells

john mcgill

Wildweasel thought about that but I was paying £54 a month and watching the news and Big Bang Theory. I'm going with Freesat and movies vis the Internet. it's les bills I'm after.

comethekingdom

I cancelled SKY last March - havent missed it atall. Then a bloke form SKY rang me on friday evening asking me to come back- heres the deal :
New SKY + HD wireless box  & Full sky package inc sports, movies etc etc FREE for 6 months - after that €27.00/month for the basic package which is what I had before cancellation. Monthly cost for 12 months = €13.50.
Phone & broadband works out at €23.75 per month for 12 months including the introductory discounts.

Currently paying Vodafone €35/month for home phone & broadband (who incedintally called me early last week looking for me to sign up for an 18 month contract!!!!)

He's calling back tomorrow to see if I'm still interested - looks like a no brainer as basically I'll not be paying much more than I'm currently paying and I'll have the full sky package free for the next 6 month!!
Going to try and squeeze a new dish out of him as well as the current one is a bit shitty!!

Syferus

Got the same offer after cancelling it a few months ago. Snapped it up. No contract so no worries.

To be honest, I seriously missed Sky when we got rid of it and was going to sign back up for the NFL season anyways.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: comethekingdom on September 15, 2013, 07:52:57 PM
I cancelled SKY last March - havent missed it atall. Then a bloke form SKY rang me on friday evening asking me to come back- heres the deal :
New SKY + HD wireless box  & Full sky package inc sports, movies etc etc FREE for 6 months - after that €27.00/month for the basic package which is what I had before cancellation. Monthly cost for 12 months = €13.50.
Phone & broadband works out at €23.75 per month for 12 months including the introductory discounts.

Currently paying Vodafone €35/month for home phone & broadband (who incedintally called me early last week looking for me to sign up for an 18 month contract!!!!)

He's calling back tomorrow to see if I'm still interested - looks like a no brainer as basically I'll not be paying much more than I'm currently paying and I'll have the full sky package free for the next 6 month!!
Going to try and squeeze a new dish out of him as well as the current one is a bit shitty!!
We had a problem with our box after a lightening storm so they came out and replaced the box and dish no bother. Would say they will give you a dish no bother if they think it might cause issues with your signal and cause a callout at their expense.

nrico2006

Quote from: Tony Baloney on September 15, 2013, 10:34:48 PM
Quote from: comethekingdom on September 15, 2013, 07:52:57 PM

We had a problem with our box after a lightening storm so they came out and replaced the box and dish no bother. Would say they will give you a dish no bother if they think it might cause issues with your signal and cause a callout at their expense.

I had BT Internet, think it was £17.99 a month and £11.99 line rental.  Haggled between them and sky last year and sky gave me the internet for £7 a month with 6 months free line rental, with it going up to £3 after the 6 months.  Noticed that the line rental jumped the other day to £14 as I was with them a year so rang up and told them I wanted the £7 internet and £3 line rental deal as I was happy enough with that and the best he could do was £7 internet and £7 line rental for 6 months, with line rental up to £14 after 6 months.  I cancelled, will probably get a call at some stage but rarely used the internet at home apart from facebook (which I can use my phone for) so really don't need it.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'