Thug who beat thug freed

Started by longrunsthefox, January 20, 2010, 11:24:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Quote from: An Gaeilgoir on January 20, 2010, 01:55:58 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on January 20, 2010, 01:49:37 PM
Fair play to him? No way. Yes, he has a right to defend himself. Not to the point that he leaves the thug with permanent brain damage and possible physical disabilities.

No mention about the trauma that the captive family suffered, break into someones private residence then prepare to reap the whirlwind. The scum bag who terrorised this family wont be doing it again and thats a good thing.

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
Testing Accessibility

full back

Quote from: ziggysego on January 20, 2010, 01:58:13 PM
Fair play to him? No way. Yes, he has a right to defend himself. Not to the point that he leaves the thug with permanent brain damage and possible physical disabilities.

No mention about the trauma that the captive family suffered, break into someones private residence then prepare to reap the whirlwind. The scum bag who terrorised this family wont be doing it again and thats a good thing.

The thief would have been free to reoffend and wreak more havoc on innocent families.

ziggysego

Quote from: full back on January 20, 2010, 01:59:31 PM

The thief would have been free to reoffend and wreak more havoc on innocent families.

Well then, as the fox said earlier, I'm guessing you're all for Republican and Loyalist punishment beatings and vigilante groups.
Testing Accessibility

full back

Quote from: ziggysego on January 20, 2010, 02:01:27 PM

Well then, as the fox said earlier, I'm guessing you're all for Republican and Loyalist punishment beatings and vigilante groups.

Guessing wrong.

Big big difference between Republican/Loyalist punishment squads and some b4stard robbing/terrorising your family & you catching him in the act so to speak

ziggysego

Quote from: full back on January 20, 2010, 02:04:20 PM

Guessing wrong.

Big big difference between Republican/Loyalist punishment squads and some b4stard robbing/terrorising your family & you catching him in the act so to speak

A lot of these punishment beatings were dished out to people terrorising their communities. Not always, but sometimes.
Testing Accessibility

trileacman

Don't think this was a "punishment beating" and Republican/loyalist groups were not involved. You can try to twist it that way but you are only fooling yourself. Also you mention "possible physical disabilities", I have seen no mention of something like that in any of the reports. You are assuming alot, admittedly I am too, but still try to keep it relevant.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

The Iceman

I know a family that were held hostage in their own home and tied up while the house was searched for guns and money.  This was about 15 years ago and the parents still don't sleep right at night.

The attackers deserve everything they got.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

full back

Quote from: ziggysego on January 20, 2010, 02:07:11 PM
Quote from: full back on January 20, 2010, 02:04:20 PM

Guessing wrong.

A lot of these punishment beatings were dished out to people terrorising their communities. Not always, but sometimes.

No ziggy, you are talking about someone being judge & jury and deciding if someone is guilty.

These boys had just committed the crime of terrorising a family & were guilty.

How would you feel if it was your family or one of your close friends?
Would you let the perpertrator get away & hope he is caught and then hope he is dealt with by the judiciary system :-\

ziggysego

Quote from: trileacman on January 20, 2010, 02:08:20 PM

Don't think this was a "punishment beating" and Republican/loyalist groups were not involved. You can try to twist it that way but you are only fooling yourself. Also you mention "possible physical disabilities", I have seen no mention of something like that in any of the reports. You are assuming alot, admittedly I am too, but still try to keep it relevant.

1) I never said Republicans or Loyalists were involved
2) I may have been a bit ambigious with the phyiscal disabilities. I didn't mean he did, I just meant if have.
Testing Accessibility

leenie

I can't see why you would call this man a thug... his attack was not premeditated whereas those who tied up his family had it planned. In a situation such as this does anyone really know what they would do when their adrenaline is racing. I'd say the anger this man felt contributed with how fatal the blow was....

i can't remember the name of the theory but it questions the part of the brain that "snaps" and the contributing factor and i believe we are all capable of this, the likelihood of it happen to us is very slim, but when it comes to your family and property, how would you react?

on a separate note would you consider PadrĂ¡ig Nally a thug?   
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

ziggysego

Quote from: full back on January 20, 2010, 02:11:01 PM

No ziggy, you are talking about someone being judge & jury and deciding if someone is guilty.

Would you let the perpertrator get away & hope he is caught and then hope he is dealt with by the judiciary system :-\

I'm not saying I wouldn't have done nothing, I just wouldn't have been so brutal.

RE: Leenie.

I wouldn't call him a thug.
Testing Accessibility

full back

Quote from: ziggysego on January 20, 2010, 02:13:24 PM

I'm not saying I wouldn't have done nothing, I just wouldn't have been so brutal.

In fairness ziggy, you wouldnt know how you would react if your family were terrorised.

And again, I will say it is nothing like the pinishment squads who are always judge & jury, regardless of guilt

ludermor

So you would hit him just not as hard.

ziggysego

Quote from: ludermor on January 20, 2010, 02:22:37 PM

Enough to stop him in his tracks and time for the PSNI/Garda to arrive.
Testing Accessibility

full back

Quote from: ziggysego on January 20, 2010, 02:25:00 PM
Quote from: ludermor on January 20, 2010, 02:22:37 PM

Enough to stop him in his tracks and time for the PSNI/Garda to arrive.

What if you didnt hit him hard enough to stop him in his tracks?

And what if he then got up & ran away or even proceded to do serious damage to you?
Do you think he would just 'hit you hard enough' so you would leave him alone?