Author Topic: Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.  (Read 502682 times)

Owenmoresider

• View Profile
Re: Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.
« Reply #5595 on: October 29, 2019, 04:02:10 PM »
Martin Kenny's car set on fire outside his house a few days after some of the neo Nazi filth declared him a  "traitor" who needs to be shot.
That because he didnt join the herd in opposing Refugees being located in Ballinamore.
He just stuck with the SF herd instead.

Rossfan

• Ballaghaderreen CO ROSCOMMON
    • View Profile
    • Roscommon County Board official website
« Reply #5596 on: October 29, 2019, 04:41:15 PM »
He stood with the decent human herd.
1 BIG CUP and 1 Cupeen so far....

five points

• View Profile
« Reply #5597 on: October 29, 2019, 05:15:16 PM »
That Justin Barratt and his "National Party" were up on Ben Bulben with their banner over the weekend.
They and others of their ilk piggy backed onto the Oughterard protest.

Barrett is a fool, best ignored. He would struggle to get 100 votes in any election.

angermanagement

• View Profile
« Reply #5598 on: October 29, 2019, 11:28:27 PM »
Is Elisha McCallion the best SF can offer? She’s been on every program over the last few weeks and comes across as clueless.

The Trap

• View Profile
« Reply #5599 on: October 29, 2019, 11:36:27 PM »
Unreal.......more or less just made a unionist pact a cert!

Tony Baloney

• View Profile
« Reply #5600 on: October 29, 2019, 11:40:41 PM »
Unreal.......more or less just made a unionist pact a cert!
££££££££££

keeperlit

• View Profile
« Reply #5601 on: October 29, 2019, 11:53:09 PM »
Is Elisha McCallion the best SF can offer? She’s been on every program over the last few weeks and comes across as clueless.

Shinners know that foyle is a marginal seat for them so are trying to boost her profile as much as possible.

JPGJOHNNYG

• View Profile
« Reply #5602 on: October 30, 2019, 12:11:53 AM »

Shinners know that foyle is a marginal seat for them so are trying to boost her profile as much as possible.

She is a tool and should be hidden away, that would be her best chance of winning. Must be a real chance for SDLP to retake the seat

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

• View Profile
« Reply #5603 on: October 30, 2019, 06:07:15 AM »

She is a tool and should be hidden away, that would be her best chance of winning. Must be a real chance for SDLP to retake the seat

She is very weak.. Aontú could make the difference here. Anne McCloskey will take maybe 3k votes, its probably a matter of who she takes most off. I think SDLP would do better with Mary Durkan than Eastwood. One to watch

RedHand88

• View Profile
« Reply #5604 on: October 30, 2019, 07:30:15 AM »
Sinn Féins abortion policy will cost them their seat in Foyle.

TheOptimist

• Stay til the end
    • View Profile
« Reply #5605 on: October 30, 2019, 08:54:54 AM »

She is very weak.. Aontú could make the difference here. Anne McCloskey will take maybe 3k votes, its probably a matter of who she takes most off. I think SDLP would do better with Mary Durkan than Eastwood. One to watch

You can say that about Elisha but fact is she won the seat of SDLP 3 years ago for the first time. They had her posters up an hour after the election was called, seen a load of them this morning. On twitter as well trying to emphasise that SDLP haven't even chose their candidate yet. In fairness SDLP have had 3 years to think about it, they should really be decided by now. It looks like they don't think they have someone strong enough.... or at least that's the angle Sinn Fein are already pushing.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2019, 08:56:25 AM by TheOptimist »

marty34

• View Profile
« Reply #5606 on: October 30, 2019, 09:25:53 AM »

You can say that about Elisha but fact is she won the seat of SDLP 3 years ago for the first time. They had her posters up an hour after the election was called, seen a load of them this morning. On twitter as well trying to emphasise that SDLP haven't even chose their candidate yet. In fairness SDLP have had 3 years to think about it, they should really be decided by now. It looks like they don't think they have someone strong enough.... or at least that's the angle Sinn Fein are already pushing.

The problem for me is that Colum wants to run in every election - just because he's leader, he thinks it's his duty.

Mc Callion is a waffler - turns people off with same speech in every broadcast.

I think SF will lose out as unionists will vote tactically for the SDLP candidate.

On tv last night, they talked about discussions about a pact but they'd need to hurry up and regardless, this should hsve been discussed a month ago.

Claire Hanna is another Mc Callion - if you didn't know what party she's from, you wouldn't hsve known from last nights show - usual bland statements.  I think Alliance would be a more natural party for her.

sensethetone

• View Profile
« Reply #5607 on: October 30, 2019, 09:39:47 AM »

The problem for me is that Colum wants to run in every election - just because he's leader, he thinks it's his duty.

I think SF will lose out as unionists will vote tactically for the SDLP candidate.

On tv last night, they talked about discussions about a pact but they'd need to hurry up and regardless, this should hsve been discussed a month ago.

Claire Hanna is another Mc Callion - if you didn't know what party she's from, you wouldn't hsve known from last nights show - usual bland statements.  I think Alliance would be a more natural party for her.

I thought Claire Hanna had huffed a bit due to the SDLP's pact with FF, she's in election mode but will she needs a pact to get South Belfast.. In fairness she is a classier waffler than Declan Mc Crossan.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

• View Profile
« Reply #5608 on: October 30, 2019, 10:18:10 AM »

Nuf said

marty34

• View Profile
« Reply #5609 on: October 30, 2019, 10:27:55 AM »

I thought Claire Hanna had huffed a bit due to the SDLP's pact with FF, she's in election mode but will she needs a pact to get South Belfast.. In fairness she is a classier waffler than Declan Mc Crossan.

She's too bland - throws out general statements and tries too much to please everybody but too general. She was against Brexit but at the same time thinks a border poll wouldn't help.  Don't really know what she stands for.  As I say, Alliance would be a better fit.

South Belfast will elect Emma P again unless the anti-Brexit parties have a single candidate in. 

Give voters the choice: a DUP candidate or pro EU candidate.

Time for parties to stand up, forget the egoes and voters will remember it.