Author Topic: Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.  (Read 494136 times)

Rossfan

• Ballaghaderreen CO ROSCOMMON
    • View Profile
    • Roscommon County Board official website
Re: Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.
« Reply #5370 on: January 08, 2019, 09:45:59 PM »
Ask Karen Bradley ;D
1 BIG CUP and 1 Cupeen so far....

BennyCake

• View Profile
« Reply #5371 on: January 08, 2019, 09:46:18 PM »
The thing is though.... In the north as a nationalist who the feck do you vote for??

Does it even matter?

playwiththewind1st

• View Profile
« Reply #5372 on: January 08, 2019, 09:51:42 PM »
The thing is though.... In the north as a nationalist who the feck do you vote for??

Does it even matter?

It is getting to the stage that it doesn't really.

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #5373 on: January 08, 2019, 10:02:39 PM »

Does it even matter?

The dup in westminster is not a good thing. It's sickening - the less of them the better.

From that perspective i think it matters but otherwise it doesn't.

trailer

• View Profile
« Reply #5374 on: January 08, 2019, 10:17:29 PM »

Does it even matter?

The dup in westminster is not a good thing. It's sickening - the less of them the better.

From that perspective i think it matters but otherwise it doesn't.

People should be voting tactically. Voting for SF is a vote for corruption. Vote differently and you will get a different outcome.

Harold Disgracey

• View Profile
« Reply #5375 on: January 08, 2019, 10:21:49 PM »
As a northern nationalist who fully supports a united Ireland, gay marriage, abortion rights and an Irish language act who do you suggest I vote for? The shinners, for all their faults, are the only show in town.

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #5376 on: January 08, 2019, 10:28:22 PM »
I was reading a few tweets about belfast city council meeting last night and the motion to cut bonfire funding. A carve up between sf and dup is what long called it. Hard not to disagree.

Exactly harold. It is difficult. There are some ones moving up from the south i see with about 6 candidates. I can't recall name. Aside from them no one.

Minder

• View Profile
« Reply #5377 on: January 08, 2019, 10:33:33 PM »
I was reading a few tweets about belfast city council meeting last night and the motion to cut bonfire funding. A carve up between sf and dup is what long called it. Hard not to disagree.

Exactly harold. It is difficult. There are some ones moving up from the south i see with about 6 candidates. I can't recall name. Aside from them no one.

Belfast City Council funding is an exercise in SF & DUP allocating money to their own wee pet groups that are staffed by party activists, family members etc. Has been like that for years.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 10:35:40 PM by Minder »
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

BennyCake

• View Profile
« Reply #5378 on: January 08, 2019, 11:06:56 PM »

Belfast City Council funding is an exercise in SF & DUP allocating money to their own wee pet groups that are staffed by party activists, family members etc. Has been like that for years.

Jobs and money for the lads then, eh?

BennyCake

• View Profile
« Reply #5379 on: January 08, 2019, 11:16:42 PM »
As a northern nationalist who fully supports a united Ireland, gay marriage, abortion rights and an Irish language act who do you suggest I vote for? The shinners, for all their faults, are the only show in town.

Jaysus, thatís a depressing thought.

A United ireland, gay marriage, ILA, abortion - SF push those because they know DUP are against all. I honestly think SF donít care about GM/ILA/abortion, they just want to try to show DUP as these Neanderthals because they donít support them. SF need To feed off the DUP for their own survival and to remain relevant. And vice versa.

SF have done f**k all. But they divert attention from that by rubbing the DUP up the wrong way. Itís a pathetic charade.

markl121

• View Profile
« Reply #5380 on: January 08, 2019, 11:43:38 PM »
It seems like they decided ok letís get the gay vote, so lump on to gay marriage. Oh letís get more on the fence women on board, so promote abortion etc. Itís a clever strategy for attaining votes although I do wonder how many of the new voters are in favour of a United ireland. I suppose itís like me voting them for a UI and someone else voting them for gay marriage. They could have completely different demographics voting for them although I think the hardcore northern vote is still nationalist and unionist.

screenexile

• Up The Screen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5381 on: January 09, 2019, 12:00:47 AM »

Jaysus, thatís a depressing thought.

A United ireland, gay marriage, ILA, abortion - SF push those because they know DUP are against all. I honestly think SF donít care about GM/ILA/abortion, they just want to try to show DUP as these Neanderthals because they donít support them. SF need To feed off the DUP for their own survival and to remain relevant. And vice versa.

SF have done f**k all. But they divert attention from that by rubbing the DUP up the wrong way. Itís a pathetic charade.

There is literally NO show in town for almost half the population of the North. At least the DUP and Sammy are at Westminster spouting absolute drivel that their base laps up. Sinn Fein are doing ABSOLUTELY f**king NOTHING as they hope if they stay quiet enough theyíll get their border poll.

No Government because of no Irish language act? Weíre past that now lads get the Government up and running and peopleís lives back to normal and we can have the border poll in a few years once we have the majority . . . The irony being the South probably wonít want to take us on anyway!!

We are badly lacking leadership and I actually think McGuinness wouldnít have us in this position. Heís such a loss for the North weíre only starting to appreciate the work he did in holding it all together for so long!!

charlieTully

• View Profile
« Reply #5382 on: January 09, 2019, 07:44:55 AM »
Jaysus the stoops are taking the FF takeover very bad.

naka

• View Profile
« Reply #5383 on: January 09, 2019, 08:08:02 AM »
The stoops are dying , if FF give some leadership and structure then they will start to get some support from the disillusioned  nationalist masses .
Hereís hoping 🤞

Itchy

• View Profile
« Reply #5384 on: January 09, 2019, 08:10:50 AM »
The stoops are dying , if FF give some leadership and structure then they will start to get some support from the disillusioned  nationalist masses .
Hereís hoping 🤞

The only thing FF will teach them is corruption and how to f**k up a country. If you are looking to those w**kers for help god help you. How anyone in this country could vote for them after what they did is beyond me.