Author Topic: Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.  (Read 484072 times)

Il Bomber Destro

• View Profile
Re: Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.
« Reply #4440 on: January 07, 2018, 08:34:52 PM »
So a SF elected Rep either makes a total clown of himself or  is deliberately obnoxious over a mass killing by republican paramilitaries.
Nobody is allowed to criticise him especially if they're
Unionists
SDLP members
A Sportsman.
Strange oul place Shinnerworld. ::)

Odd that you wouldn't criticise FF in their roles in perverting justice for Mary Boyle's sister and the families of the Stardust.

Strange old world, that of the the Free State Establishment parties.
What aboutery

What a brain fart from McElduff

Whataboutery is important in terms of balance. I'm just commenting on how he is not consistent in his outrage.

Dougal Maguire

• View Profile
« Reply #4441 on: January 07, 2018, 08:41:37 PM »
Jesus man, hold back here. Nobody said he wasn't open to criticism. There's not one person that wouldn't agree that it was crass stupidity, however I don't think it was malicious. He seems to like to play the fool and on this occasion I think he meant to send the video to a number of close personal friends but made a mistake and hit the wrong button. It was pretty insensitive for an MP to joke about an issue like this but as always there are many who want to jump on the bandwagon and shaft him. I'm sure that at the moment he's suffering worse that the criticisers as a result of this.
Pretty insensitive?  That has to be the understatement of 2018 to date.  As for your final comment, what about the victims' families?  Where do they sit in your league table of suffering?
I meant it was insensitive in the context of him just having a personal joke with a few close friends. As for my final comment, I'm not sure where reference was made to a league table of suffering. I can't speak for the families, nor can I speak for McIlduff, but I'd say he feels pretty bad over this. Has it added anything extra to tbe families suffering, I don't know.
Careful now

michaelg

• View Profile
« Reply #4442 on: January 07, 2018, 08:50:19 PM »
Jesus man, hold back here. Nobody said he wasn't open to criticism. There's not one person that wouldn't agree that it was crass stupidity, however I don't think it was malicious. He seems to like to play the fool and on this occasion I think he meant to send the video to a number of close personal friends but made a mistake and hit the wrong button. It was pretty insensitive for an MP to joke about an issue like this but as always there are many who want to jump on the bandwagon and shaft him. I'm sure that at the moment he's suffering worse that the criticisers as a result of this.
Pretty insensitive?  That has to be the understatement of 2018 to date.  As for your final comment, what about the victims' families?  Where do they sit in your league table of suffering?
I meant it was insensitive in the context of him just having a personal joke with a few close friends. As for my final comment, I'm not sure where reference was made to a league table of suffering. I can't speak for the families, nor can I speak for McIlduff, but I'd say he feels pretty bad over this. Has it added anything extra to tbe families suffering, I don't know.
How can you "just have a personal joke with a few close friends" about something like the Kingsmill massacre?  To then merely describe this as "insensitive" is beyond belief.
As for your second point, he probably feels "pretty bad" about being caught out.  If he was any sort of human being, he would not have made this little "joke", as you describe it, in the first place.

Dougal Maguire

• View Profile
« Reply #4443 on: January 07, 2018, 09:40:34 PM »
People have joked in public about worse things.
Careful now

Avondhu star

• View Profile
« Reply #4444 on: January 07, 2018, 09:42:42 PM »

"hit the wrong button"  Keep digging!

Kingsmill (like Enniskillen Birmingham etc) is such a stain on so called republicans that any man with an ounce of cop on should hear the alarm bells ringing when the word is mentioned
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

Therealdonald

• View Profile
« Reply #4445 on: January 07, 2018, 09:45:12 PM »
An obvious drop of the ball by Barry McElduff. He should have thought more.but it wasnt malicious. Just typical bandwagon jumpers down in the Free State.

Dougal Maguire

• View Profile
« Reply #4446 on: January 07, 2018, 09:46:55 PM »

"hit the wrong button"  Keep digging!

Kingsmill (like Enniskillen Birmingham etc) is such a stain on so called republicans that any man with an ounce of cop on should hear the alarm bells ringing when the word is mentioned
What do you mean by keep digging?
Careful now

Minder

• View Profile
« Reply #4447 on: January 07, 2018, 09:53:36 PM »
Im sure in a day or two it will be Barry the victim
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Il Bomber Destro

• View Profile
« Reply #4448 on: January 07, 2018, 09:56:57 PM »
Odd that the usual Free Staters are out in force here but they had nothing to say on the Stardust cover-up or the obstruction of justice in the Mary Boyle case.

Very odd that they will not dare criticise the establishment parties in the south.

trileacman

• View Profile
« Reply #4449 on: January 07, 2018, 10:01:16 PM »
I hate the shinners but this was obviously not an attempt at argavating the Protestants. Barry hasnít prior history of that unlike so many of his DUP/sf contemporaries.

Iím kinda glad it happened to be honest, might damp down his bullshit attempts at humour. Heís about as funny as a dose of the shits.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Minder

• View Profile
« Reply #4450 on: January 07, 2018, 10:03:29 PM »
I hate the shinners but this was obviously not an attempt at argavating the Protestants. Barry hasnít prior history of that unlike so many of his DUP/sf contemporaries.

Iím kinda glad it happened to be honest, might damp down his bullshit attempts at humour. Heís about as funny as a dose of the shits.

Yeah thatís how I see it, especially his ďhumourĒ
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Dougal Maguire

• View Profile
« Reply #4451 on: January 07, 2018, 10:04:50 PM »

Good points.
Careful now

Itchy

• View Profile
« Reply #4452 on: January 07, 2018, 10:05:16 PM »
An obvious drop of the ball by Barry McElduff. He should have thought more.but it wasnt malicious. Just typical bandwagon jumpers down in the Free State.

I'm a republican from so called free state so you shove that comment up yet hole ya dopey bollox.

Itchy

• View Profile
« Reply #4453 on: January 07, 2018, 10:13:02 PM »
Let me tell you defenders of this crap something else. There will be no united Ireland without a proportion of current day unionists supporting it. We have that opportunity now due to the calamity of Brexit. United Ireland might make some financial/economic sense to middle ground unionists. The old guard in Republican circles are put out to pasture which makes it a bit easier to do for them too. Things are moving into place. And then you have a total f**king moron like this guy doing this. Unionists need to see that there losses will be respected in any new republic. Anyone who calls themselves a republican should understand that.

Sinn Fein leadership need to toss this fool out on his hole and show that while Arlene and her cronies have no shame, republicans will deal with this stuff. I am ashamed to see so many republicans defending this and reverting to "whataboutery" as a defense. Anyone who questions it is a free stater etc etc. Cop the f**k on.

Il Bomber Destro

• View Profile
« Reply #4454 on: January 07, 2018, 10:17:40 PM »
Let me tell you defenders of this crap something else. There will be no united Ireland without a proportion of current day unionists supporting it. We have that opportunity now due to the calamity of Brexit. United Ireland might make some financial/economic sense to middle ground unionists. The old guard in Republican circles are put out to pasture which makes it a bit easier to do for them too. Things are moving into place. And then you have a total f**king moron like this guy doing this. Unionists need to see that there losses will be respected in any new republic. Anyone who calls themselves a republican should understand that.

Sinn Fein leadership need to toss this fool out on his hole and show that while Arlene and her cronies have no shame, republicans will deal with this stuff. I am ashamed to see so many republicans defending this and reverting to "whataboutery" as a defense. Anyone who questions it is a free stater etc etc. Cop the f**k on.

What is important is balance and I think it's very relevant that those Free Staters who come on to express their outrage here are usually the same ones mentioned when it comes to commenting on the disgusting behaviour and obstruction of justice of the establishment parties in their own state.