Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

glens abu

Quote from: give her dixie on April 13, 2014, 09:07:25 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on April 13, 2014, 08:51:40 PM
QuoteOnce upon a time Sinn Fein stood for peace with justice.

Now they stand for votes........

THis is the kind of manure often associated with this topic. People want peace, and justice, so there is no great conflict between the two objectives.

Can you give us any examples of their quest for Justice?

mcGurks,Ballymurphy,Finucane for a start.Dublin and Monaghan,Loughinisland.How many do you want now tell us what causes the brother in laws are involved in.

glens abu

Quote from: glens abu on April 13, 2014, 09:17:58 PM

THis is the kind of manure often associated with this topic. People want peace, and justice, so there is no great conflict between the two objectives.

mcGurks,Ballymurphy,Finucane for a start.Dublin and Monaghan,Loughinisland.How many do you want now tell us what causes the brother in laws are involved in.

Well Dixie what is your answer?

give her dixie

Quote from: glens abu on April 13, 2014, 10:00:05 PM

Troubles amnesty should apply to all, says Sinn Fein MP

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/uk/crime/article4056968.ece
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

Maguire01

Quote from: glens abu on April 13, 2014, 07:57:28 PM
Great days indeed when the stoops,dissies,free staters, flag protesters ,are all agreeing with this clown Hitchens.
I had to google that to see where you had taken it from - a link would be nice if it's not your own words.

Anyway, I wouldn't agree with a lot of what he says, or the way he says it.

glens abu

Quote from: give her dixie on April 13, 2014, 10:22:38 PM
Quote from: glens abu on April 13, 2014, 10:00:05 PM

This is the kind of manure often associated with this topic. People want peace, and justice, so there is no great conflict between the two objectives.

Troubles amnesty should apply to all, says Sinn Fein MP

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/uk/crime/article4056968.ece

Again Dixie don't believe all you read in the Brit press or your dissie chums tell you.SF will always and continue to fight for the rights of our families and friends.If you can get yourself out and talk to the Finucanes or other families you might see sence.

glens abu

Quote from: Maguire01 on April 13, 2014, 11:07:28 PM
Great days indeed when the stoops,dissies,free staters, flag protesters ,are all agreeing with this clown Hitchens.
I had to google that to see where you had taken it from - a link would be nice if it's not your own words.

Hate to make it easy for you but think he writes for the Mail(shock) so try googling that.

Maguire01

Quote from: glens abu on April 13, 2014, 11:11:51 PM

Hate to make it easy for you but think he writes for the Mail(shock) so try googling that.
I did find it - see above. He reaches some bizarre conclusions.

glens abu

Quote from: Maguire01 on April 13, 2014, 11:13:18 PM

:o :o

johnneycool

Quote from: Maguire01 on April 13, 2014, 11:13:18 PM

I've always felt that Hitchens was an arrogant, insufferable p***k any time he was on Question Time and decided to have a read at that and tbh I take a bit of pleasure in his feeling of being let down by the very monarchs he looks up to, good enough for ye, you self entitled knob end.

Applesisapples

A little bit of realism is a perequisite for any party leader. Lets look at the situation. Ireland and the UK are major trading partners with each other. They share a common language, there are large numbers of their people living in the others Island. They have common interests in Europe and are now mature enough to get on with each other rather than be at each others throats. What was Marty to do? Even Robbo acknowledged that London was at best neutral on the union. If SF are to reunite this Island these are the types of gestures required. What is wrong with a party acting as their voters would wish? Remember reuniting the island doesn't just mean getting the PUL community on board, it will require support from the ROI. Why would the ROI take on the north as it currently stands? Unionists would have to agree with any reunification strategy. It probably would look much different to what we have now, just Dublin being the Capital not London. More than likely parity on symbols and flags as well. Right move Marty.

orangeman

I've often wondered how the historians will write the modern history of Ireland ?.

From the madness of the 70s until toasting the Queen at the long table ?.

theticklemister

Quote from: orangeman on April 15, 2014, 04:16:31 PM
I've often wondered how the historians will write the modern history of Ireland ?.

When the people of Dublin bedecked their city in union jacks for the queen of englands visit in 1901 (i think)  what did Sinn Fein supporters think

Jim_Murphy_74

Quote from: theticklemister on April 15, 2014, 04:37:49 PM
Quote from: orangeman on April 15, 2014, 04:16:31 PM

When the people of Dublin bedecked their city in union jacks for the queen of englands visit in 1901 (i think)  what did Sinn Fein supporters think

Sinn Féin was founded in 1905 so I am not sure it had many supporters in 1901......or even in 1900 when Victoria did visit.

Also it's first meeting adopted the Griffith policy of dual monarchy with Ireland as a separate state but sharing a monarch with Britain so maybe they would have welcomed the Queen!

/Jim.

Myles Na G.

Senior shinner takes party to tribunal alleging discrimination.
http://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/former-hunger-striker-and-senior-sinn-f%C3%A9in-adviser-sues-party-1.1754643

Another senior member, Jackie McMullan, seems to have walked away / been turfed out, depending on your viewpoint.
http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/debateni/blogs/liam-clarke/sinn-fein-mystery-as-exira-leaders-step-down-30005932.html

Respected figures in the party.

orangeman

Quote from: Myles Na G. on April 19, 2014, 08:03:32 AM
Senior shinner takes party to tribunal alleging discrimination.
http://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/former-hunger-striker-and-senior-sinn-f%C3%A9in-adviser-sues-party-1.1754643

Another senior member, Jackie McMullan, seems to have walked away / been turfed out, depending on your viewpoint.
http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/debateni/blogs/liam-clarke/sinn-fein-mystery-as-exira-leaders-step-down-30005932.html

Respected figures in the party.

Plenty more where they came from to take their place. Even younger models too with no association to the bloody past. So these lads aren't the loss some would imagine. They'll be missed and thanked for their work but their will be no gold plated watch.