Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

Quote from: lawnseed on April 13, 2014, 06:44:38 AM
Hold on quotes from nally and myself at the time of the queens visit reflect our thoughts at the time. Personally i'd no idea that the queen would get or would be allowed to get so involved in the reconcilliation between our countries. This whole thing is good for ireland and good for britain. I'd no idea she would bow her head to people who fought against her country or that she'd apoligise for past hurts or say how "things should have been done differently" its not normal for the queen to don a political hat and say this stuff. Im surprised and "delighted".
Of course this could be her last hurrah her "contribution to the peace process"  dont know if the boy with the big lugs could pull this off. But who knows I didnt think a little old lady could do the business either.

When I was at school, we used to have an exercise called 'precis' that involved taking a piece of prose and summarising its sense or meaning. I haven't practised it for a while, but here goes re the above:

I was wrong.

lawnseed

Quote from: Hardy on April 13, 2014, 08:11:08 AM
Quote from: lawnseed l
ink=topic=15128.msg1341084#msg1341084 date=1397366537

Incidently my inlaws recently sought the help of a ff councillor to get a site passed.  ... Now thats not right

Fixed that.
I know I know... But the planner was putting them through hell until these tossers rang him. The whole thing stinks. of course he had to produce a "brownie" I mean a political donation.. And now they arrive enmass looking the whole family to vote for them they have some balls
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

lawnseed

Quote from: Hardy on April 13, 2014, 08:14:17 AM
Quote from: lawnseed on April 13, 2014, 06:44:38 AM
Hold on quotes from nally and myself at the time of the queens visit reflect our thoughts at the time. Personally i'd no idea that the queen would get or would be allowed to get so involved in the reconcilliation between our countries. This whole thing is good for ireland and good for britain. I'd no idea she would bow her head to people who fought against her country or that she'd apoligise for past hurts or say how "things should have been done differently" its not normal for the queen to don a political hat and say this stuff. Im surprised and "delighted".
Of course this could be her last hurrah her "contribution to the peace process"  dont know if the boy with the big lugs could pull this off. But who knows I didnt think a little old lady could do the business either.

When I was at school, we used to have an exercise called 'precis' that involved taking a piece of prose and summarising its sense or meaning. I haven't practised it for a while, but here goes re the above:

I was wrong.
I was wrong.. Im big enough.. And im glad I was wrong!

Btw princess anne in countryfile.. Outspoken, thoughtful incite into country living.  Jesus im turning into nicholas whitchel

Maguire01

Quote from: lawnseed on April 13, 2014, 06:22:17 AM
Quote from: Maguire01 on April 12, 2014, 12:08:57 PM
And lawnseed, so "delighted" to be a Shinner this week, had this to say:
Quote from: lawnseed on June 27, 2010, 01:57:15 AM
Finally this whole thing will go down well cause Irish people are stupid- they take it up the arse. it doesn't matter whether its the queen, the Irish chieftains, the politicians, the clergy, the bankers, the landlords, the Brits, the yanks etc etc we've been doing it since the vikings
And I was correct the queens visit was a huge success!?
Yes, but you implied that it would only be because of the Irish 'bending over'.

So much so that given her attitude and involvement sinn fein had a change of heart and decided to meet her.
Yes, but you can't then claim leadership from SF. They didn't take the risk in 2011. It was only when they saw the response from the general public in the south that they realised they had mis-judged the mood. There was little risk in meeting her now. A cynic might even think that it was more about electoral strategy than genuine reconciliation, but whatever the reasons, it's good to see.

Its worth mentioning that we are a republican party in favour of elected heads of state.
How is that relevant? Every party in the country, bar the few unionist ones, are republican in that sense.

Sinn fein have used this occasion to reach out to the brits and try to move things on.
Well actually, it was the Brits who issued the invite. But well done on accepting it.

theticklemister

Does being Republican mean you having to listen to the majority of the people and going against your ideals?

Im not looking for smart answers, just asking.

armaghniac

A Republic is where the will of the people is sovereign. Any person not interested in the will of the people is not a republican.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Maguire01

Quote from: armaghniac on April 13, 2014, 11:09:32 AM
A Republic is where the will of the people is sovereign. Any person not interested in the will of the people is not a republican.
The question is, does that mean a party changes its policy to reflect the general mood?

give her dixie

Given the success of the week, and acceptance at the top table in Windsor, I suppose its
"Victory to the Banquet Men"
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

lawnseed

Quote from: Maguire01 on April 13, 2014, 09:41:37 AM
Quote from: Maguire01 on April 12, 2014, 12:08:57 PM
And lawnseed, so "delighted" to be a Shinner this week, had this to say:
Quote from: lawnseed on June 27, 2010, 01:57:15 AM
Finally this whole thing will go down well cause Irish people are stupid- they take it up the arse. it doesn't matter whether its the queen, the Irish chieftains, the politicians, the clergy, the bankers, the landlords, the Brits, the yanks etc etc we've been doing it since the vikings
And I was correct the queens visit was a huge success!?
Yes, but you implied that it would only be because of the Irish 'bending over'.

So much so that given her attitude and involvement sinn fein had a change of heart and decided to meet her.
Yes, but you can't then claim leadership from SF. They didn't take the risk in 2011. It was only when they saw the response from the general public in the south that they realised they had mis-judged the mood. There was little risk in meeting her now. A cynic might even think that it was more about electoral strategy than genuine reconciliation, but whatever the reasons, it's good to see.

Its worth mentioning that we are a republican party in favour of elected heads of state.
How is that relevant? Every party in the country, bar the few unionist ones, are republican in that sense.

Sinn fein have used this occasion to reach out to the brits and try to move things on.
Well actually, it was the Brits who issued the invite. But well done on accepting it.
We agree.. Its great really great. You'll admit the queen really surprised all of us. Do you think she gave marty her mobile :)

Marty has wiped the floor with the wullie brigade. I'd love to hear gregory's take on the whole thing

glens abu

Great days indeed when the stoops,dissies,free staters, flag protesters ,are all agreeing with this clown Hitchens.

So this is what it is like to live in a defeated country. Your Head of State has to consort with one of the leaders of the most successful terror gang in the world, and pretend she likes it.

This grisly person sits at dinner in Windsor Castle, nodding and smiling at the great and the good.

How witty it was of somebody to seat him next to Shami Chakrabarti of Liberty, so opposed to the death penalty when it is carried out by lawful states.

+3
Deputy First Minister of Northern Ireland Martin McGuinness attends a State Banquet during the Irish president's state visit in Windsor
And hardly anyone says anything, except two dignified figures, standing outside the castle, one robbed of a son and the other of a sister, who will be unable to forget the IRA's views on the 'Right to Life' until they die – just as many others will never be able to forget their views on torture, habeas corpus and free speech.

Bitter, wasn't it, that the day (stolen by McGuinness from the peaceable Irish President Michael D. Higgins) also featured military bandsmen, like those blown to pieces by the IRA in Regent's Park, and Household Cavalry, like those blown to pieces, with their horses, in Hyde Park (a crime for which nobody has been punished, or ever will be now)?

Nobody ever imagined that President Higgins, or the huge majority of good and honourable Irish men and women, ever supported or endorsed the IRA murder of the Queen's cousin, Lord Mountbatten.

Of course they didn't. It was Martin McGuinness who should have been laying a wreath on the Mountbatten tomb. That will  be the day.

give her dixie

As the dust settles on a week that the media and politicians tells us that it was a great week for Ireland and British relations, its hard to overlook the obvious.

When the Mrs Windsor planned to visit Ireland a few years ago, SF decided to boycott her visit, saying:

"Until there is complete withdrawal of the British military and the British administration from Ireland, and until there is justice and truth for victims of collusion, no official welcome should be accorded to any officer of the British armed forces of any rank,"

This position reflected the majority view of SF voters and supporters. Then, as Martin McGuinness decided to run for the vacant President of Ireland post, they got hammered in the media as Martin was hit with "Will you meet the Queen?"

Having lost in the election, Sinn Fein realised they needed to change tact, and low and behold, an event was staged at the Lyric Theatre in Belfast in which McGuinness shook hands with Mrs Windsor, and in some way sanitized the differences.

The final cog in the wheel was the antics of this week.

Sinn Fein announced that Martin would attend the state dinner and wear periodic costume and as the band played God save the Queen, he would raise his glass to her in a toast proposed by the President of Ireland.

On the day Sinn Fein raised their glass to Mrs Windsor, they issued a statement calling for an Amnesty for anyone involved in pre '98 "crimes".

In effect, they called for no prosecutions for the actions of the British Government during the "Troubles".

Given that the recent case of John Downey, showed how Sinn Fein did a deal to ensure that those close to them were immune to prosecution, we can only assume that murders carried out by the British Establishment will be excused in the same way.

As Irish men and women, including many members of Sinn Fein, celebrated the past weeks pageantry, thousands of families both here and across the world still suffer as the people who celebrate this nonsense oppose inquires into how their loved ones died, and who was responsible.

Sinn Fein sold the participation of McGuinness at Windsor at strep forward for peace. They didn't tell their followers that that as well as that participation, several MPs would take their seats in Westminster and the house of Lords as Michael D Higgins addressed both Houses.

Plus, they would also join an event at Windsor castle where they they would be greeted by Mrs Windsor.

What Sinn Fein did this week in raising their glass to Mrs Windsor is par for the course. They are hell bent on power, votes acceptance and money.

The next stunt we will see is the visit of the Pope to Belfast.

Robinson, like McGuinness with Mrs Windsor, will bow down as he meets the Pope,
in advancement of the "peace process. "

Once upon a time Sinn Fein stood for peace with justice.

Now they stand for votes........

armaghniac

QuoteOnce upon a time Sinn Fein stood for peace with justice.

THis is the kind of manure often associated with this topic. People want peace, and justice, so there is no great conflict between the two objectives.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

give her dixie

Quote from: armaghniac on April 13, 2014, 08:51:40 PM
QuoteOnce upon a time Sinn Fein stood for peace with justice.

THis is the kind of manure often associated with this topic. People want peace, and justice, so there is no great conflict between the two objectives.

Can you give us any examples of their quest for Justice?

lawnseed

People want.. Peace and prosperity.. Britain is booming.. They will share they always do. Irish companies will benefit from bettet relations its all good. Sinn fein  must move with the times

give her dixie

Quote from: lawnseed on April 13, 2014, 09:10:16 PM
People want.. Peace and prosperity.. Britain is booming.. They will share they always do. Irish companies will benefit from bettet relations its all good. Sinn fein  must move with the times

And what about the victims seeking justice?