Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saffrongael

Quote from: Taylor on March 13, 2020, 04:44:06 PM
I vote for SF but this is a major own goal.

One can only assume MON has changed her mind to keep voters onside - she and other party members obviously felt the backlash last night.

She hasnt said she consulted any experts so disgruntled parents have made her change her mind.

Yet another clusterfuck in this basketcase of a place

Social media policy making
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

trailer

It just demonstrates their complete inability to lead. And people want them to govern the south! Scary! SF don't listen to experts.

Sportacus

Quote from: charlieTully on March 13, 2020, 02:06:57 PM
Quote from: trailer on March 13, 2020, 12:30:18 PM
Mo'N losing all credibility this morning. Yesterday "Schools shouldn't close" just over 12 hours later, on her own with no Health professionals "Schools should close"
People need leadership. Not SF and Mo'N off on a county solo run. Demonstrates wonderfully their inability to lead or govern. I wonder was the advice coming from their own set of advisers as opposed to actual experts?

You sir never miss an opportunity to let us all know you are an absolute twat.
How?

trailer

Quote from: Sportacus on March 13, 2020, 08:35:23 PM
Quote from: charlieTully on March 13, 2020, 02:06:57 PM
Quote from: trailer on March 13, 2020, 12:30:18 PM
Mo'N losing all credibility this morning. Yesterday "Schools shouldn't close" just over 12 hours later, on her own with no Health professionals "Schools should close"
People need leadership. Not SF and Mo'N off on a county solo run. Demonstrates wonderfully their inability to lead or govern. I wonder was the advice coming from their own set of advisers as opposed to actual experts?

You sir never miss an opportunity to let us all know you are an absolute twat.
How?

Some people just see no wrong in SF. Sheep. Following along. Sad. They probably give everything to the party.

Snapchap

Never read such nonsense. Of course instigated by a tiresome SF bashing halfwit.

Since Thursday, we've had a succession of experts on TV and radio saying the differing approaches on one small island is a bad idea. I suspect, especially seeing how generally popular the new rules have been received in the south, that most people in the north would agree with MON's position.

If Boris Johnston wants GB to take an approach that the rest of Europe seems highly disapproving of, why should we feel obliged to tag along with him and persist with running two contradictory policies this small island.

bennydorano

Unashamed grandstanding from MON, not helped by Varadkar IMO, the ROI's unilateral action without more than a 10 minute notification is a nonsense. Without NI on board, the disjointed action will extend the pain on the whole island.

weareros

The Ard Chomraile probably got their wires crossed and something like this happened.

Two anoraks watching TV.
"Come on United. We have them now... ah who the F is texting now..."
"It's O'Neill. She wants direction on whether to close the schools."
"What the F? Women texting while we are watching Man U. Martin would never do that."
"She says Leo has closed them in the Free State."
"Well if that hoor Leo jumped in a lake would we jump in a lake."
"No, although I would love to dump the bastard in a lake."
"Good one. Well, we are not closing the schools. Patrick Pearce a schoolteacher didn't die so our wee skites would be wandering the streets getting into all kinds of trouble."
"Too right. And end up uneducated fools like Jamie Bryson"
"Or be on the streets buying drugs from Bryson."
"Or throwing stones at the RUC..."
"There are some benefits. But no closing the schools and tell her no texting us questions while we are watching Man U".
Next day
"It's a text from Mary Lou."
"Okay, close the schools."

trailer

Quote from: Snapchap on March 14, 2020, 06:47:45 AM
Never read such nonsense. Of course instigated by a tiresome SF bashing halfwit.

Since Thursday, we've had a succession of experts on TV and radio saying the differing approaches on one small island is a bad idea. I suspect, especially seeing how generally popular the new rules have been received in the south, that most people in the north would agree with MON's position.

If Boris Johnston wants GB to take an approach that the rest of Europe seems highly disapproving of, why should we feel obliged to tag along with him and persist with running two contradictory policies this small island.

All hail the leader.

Applesisapples

Nationalist opinion in the north was in favour of following Leo's lead before the COBRA decision. Justin McNulty tweeted as such as did a number of SF party activists. Personally I am not sure what the approach should be. But instinctively don't trust Johnsons motives. The idea that they are trying to get herd immunity whilst culling the same herd strikes me as ringing true. Leo should have flagged his action to the NI executive. But as someone who is in the vulnerable section of society I'd rather err on the side of caution and close the schools. O'Neill is not a good leader and 2 hours before she U turned she let Hargey defend the previous days decision on GMU. Mary Lou needs to take control and get John O'Dowd promoted soon as.

armaghniac

Quote from: Applesisapples on March 14, 2020, 02:43:06 PM
Nationalist opinion in the north was in favour of following Leo's lead before the COBRA decision. Justin McNulty tweeted as such as did a number of SF party activists. Personally I am not sure what the approach should be. But instinctively don't trust Johnsons motives. The idea that they are trying to get herd immunity whilst culling the same herd strikes me as ringing true. Leo should have flagged his action to the NI executive. But as someone who is in the vulnerable section of society I'd rather err on the side of caution and close the schools. O'Neill is not a good leader and 2 hours before she U turned she let Hargey defend the previous days decision on GMU. Mary Lou needs to take control and get John O'Dowd promoted soon as.

None of us know what the approach should be. However Leo's action is in the general run of action in Europe generally and the WHO have commended Ireland while criticising London. It is shocking that again the DUP want to defy geography just to show how British they are. 
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

marty34

Quote from: Applesisapples on March 14, 2020, 02:43:06 PM

Common sense approach is to work on an all island basis - no other way round it.  Sure, even Bryson agrees with this method!!!

I think everyone agrees schools will close, just at what time.  I thought they would not go back on Wednesday, after the 2 day lay off but things are changing rapidly.

Itchy

Yes none of us know whether the approach adopted by almost every country in Europe and China is right versus the approach taken by one country with an idiot in charge which is based on loads of old people dieing and the rest of the population catching it and magically developing immunity.

bennydorano

Quote from: Itchy on March 14, 2020, 03:40:42 PM
Yes none of us know whether the approach adopted by almost every country in Europe and China is right versus the approach taken by one country with an idiot in charge which is based on loads of old people dieing and the rest of the population catching it and magically developing immunity.
The UK actually do have quite a clear strategic plan tho. What is the ROI plan? Lockdown with 1/5th of the island on a different page and then what?Ireland as an island will suffer very badly from the disjointed approach, there will be repeated flare ups.

Itchy

Quote from: bennydorano on March 14, 2020, 04:40:21 PM
The UK actually do have quite a clear strategic plan tho. What is the ROI plan? Lockdown with 1/5th of the island on a different page and then what?Ireland as an island will suffer very badly from the disjointed approach, there will be repeated flare ups.

4/5 of the island has a plan outlined by the WHO, experts. 1/5 is following the lead of a government the have no land connection to. Are you suggesting the 4/5 should change in that scenario? I believe the uk have a plan that's reckless, brutal and will result in 1000s of lives. People in north should ignore it and follow the south's lead. Start by keeping your kids home from school on monday.

thewobbler

Quote from: bennydorano on March 14, 2020, 04:40:21 PM

My thoughts exactly.

The UK also still have the option to escalate at pace.

—-

I've pretty much signed out of Twitter now. Too many people from NI border towns giving off that their neighbours kids are off school and theirs are not. These people aren't actually sure why they want their kids off school, or how they'll pay for this "privilege" or how they'll entertain and stimulate their children. They're just ranting. Something about viruses don't obey borders. Ranting f**king ranting.