Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snapchap

Quote from: Snapchap on January 07, 2018, 11:06:07 PM
Quote from: LCohen on January 06, 2018, 11:19:19 PM

It's not as if Wee Barry has a track record of posting pictures of his shopping with such a high degree of frequency that the instance of posting a picture of that product on that day with the writing the right way up for this to be explained away as some form of coincidence. This was a deliberate act

Except that he DOES have a track record of posting pictures of his shopping on his head.

What he does NOT have a track record in is mocking victims.

As someone who knows the man, I can assure you he would not have it in him to have done it deliberately. It was just another example of him making stupid f@$king videos thinking he is funny. I know him to be a good and decent man and I am a SF supporter but I do have to say that I believe his constant photos/videos of him putting things on his head and his COUNTLESS stupid f&@king videos about ice cream sprinkles make him hard to take seriously as an elected representative.

So to sum up: Was his video a deliberate attempt to offend victims? Not even a remote possibility.

Was the video another unfortunately timed episode of him acting like a child instead of a politician to be taken seriously? Yep.

Just to add to my post above - and another reason why I am under no doubt what-so-ever that this was unintentional: the video was on twitter for something like 36 hours before ANYONE copped on to it being the anniversary of Kingsmills - and today those who are tripping over themselves to suggest that Barry is 'bound to have known it was the anniversary' clearly didn't know it themselves until they read about the connection 36 hours after the event.

As a case in point - that nauseatingly smarmy, obnoxious little toerag Daniel McCrossan of the West Tyrone SDLP was the only politician to even reply to the original video after it was posted - and all he posted was ' ::)' - so it's abundantly clear that he himself had no idea it was the Kingsmills anniversary; yet 36 odd hours later, when someone did make a connection, onto the bandwagon Daniel hops as fast as he possibly can, and this morning he's all over Radio Ulster, claiming that there's just no way that Barry didn't know when he posted it that it was the anniversary. Too many lying, hypocritical pricks like Daniel out there trying to use victims for some of the lowest political point scoring.

Seany

Fully agree.  There are people dancing on graves today, but it's not McElduff, but those who are using this episode to politically point score.  Tyrone people won't forgive people like McCrossan. If there was an election today, Barry would increase his vote. 

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on January 08, 2018, 12:41:40 PM
Bomber; the republican who calls down south the free state!!! With people like you ranting and raving about things down south from 40yrs ago, wonder do you condemn half the crap happened up here in the same time period all for looking to rejoin your so called free staters!

I think both the Free State and the occupied British statelet up north have both been abhorrent failures.

Bad things happen in war, if you research your history you will see there were many abhorrent atrocities carried out by republicans in the War of Independence and by both sides in the Irish Civil War, as there were by republicans in The Troubles - but that's war. It's inevitable horrible things will happen. The bigger question is why the British and Free State government allowed the situation to spiral out of control where nationalist were subject to horrendous and violent sectarianism and nobody to defend them.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Rossfan on January 08, 2018, 12:28:52 PM
People like Bombast would turn an awful lot of 26 Co Voters into No voters if/when the Unity referendum takes place.

It doesn't take me to do that. When guys like you continue to vote (in full knowledge) for right wing parties up to their necks in smear, corruption, cronyism and obstructing justice, there is nothing that can be done with you. You would vote no, you would have nothing in common with a person who has sacrificed something for the betterment of their people.

Shamrock Shore

Quoteor right wing parties up to their necks in smear, corruption, cronyism and obstructing justice

Oh the irony!

Applesisapples

Quote from: Seany on January 08, 2018, 01:23:59 PM
Fully agree.  There are people dancing on graves today, but it's not McElduff, but those who are using this episode to politically point score.  Tyrone people won't forgive people like McCrossan. If there was an election today, Barry would increase his vote.
I agree that there are many jumping on the bandwagon, I also don't believe it was a deliberate act, I do despair at the antics of some elected politicians and Barry McElduff's twitter posts are not funny and unbecoming a person in his position. As a politician though he should have been aware that his use of anything with the kingsmill name on it irrespective of timing was going to play badly. The fact that it took so long for people to notice indicates the falseness of a lot of outrage. I was amused by the threats of repercussions from Dodds though. What part of nationalism's rejection of Stormont does he fall to understand?

On a slightly different tack, we also had Colm Eastwood calling for Stormont to reform to take health. Christ Jesus Almighty Stormont has had 10 years at least to sort this out and failed because our politicians will not take hard decisions around the reorganisation of the whole health system because voters don't like the outcomes.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on January 08, 2018, 02:12:22 PM
Quoteor right wing parties up to their necks in smear, corruption, cronyism and obstructing justice

Oh the irony!

The irony.

Yes the irony. Free Staters don't like the truth that they consistently vote in white collar criminals overwhelmingly. Wasn't Albert Reynolds up to his neck in it?

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Tubberman on January 08, 2018, 12:20:45 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on January 08, 2018, 11:57:23 AM
Quote from: Orchard park on January 08, 2018, 11:45:14 AM
elected governments yes I agree, but I know so many who gave years of their prime in the 1950s in the belief that they could reunite the 32 counties that it shouldnt be airbrushed from any discussion on the subject,

would you agree Northern Nationalists took a long time to get organised and attempt to remove the occupiers

There are people from the 26 who have done, do and will continute to do an awful lot for northern nationalists but they are a very small minority and I think they would echo my views on their own state and the indifference it has given to the plight of Northern Nationalist.

If I was from the Free State then I would feel great shame about how the state has abandoned northern nationalists over the years. They seem to go on the offensive when it comes with dealing with that shame though which is even sadder.

You're permanently on the offensive so by your own logic, you must be a tragic case at this stage!
It's a strange tactic I must admit - trying to insult your countrymen into sharing your views...

You feel insulted by having your double standards called out?

Very odd, ashamed would be a more natural response.

Shamrock Shore

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on January 08, 2018, 02:18:08 PM

Oh the irony!

The irony.

Yes the irony. Free Staters don't like the truth that they consistently vote in white collar criminals overwhelmingly. Wasn't Albert Reynolds up to his neck in it?

A few alleged murderers of so-called left wing parties have been voted in as well to Dáil Eireann in my lifetime........hence the irony. And why bring up Albert Reynold? What's your point here?

NAG1

In summary McElduff is a decent guy, total eejit who should have known better but because he was too busy acting the eejit on social will/ should pay for it with his job. He has given the Unionists the perfect distraction to their short comings.

The outrage it totally faux but a guy who is meant to represent his constituents should know better and not left himself or his party open for this type of criticism.

End of the day he made this mess himself and will pay for it.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on January 08, 2018, 02:31:44 PM

Oh the irony!

The irony.

A few alleged murderers of so-called left wing parties have been voted in as well to Dáil Eireann in my lifetime........hence the irony. And why bring up Albert Reynold? What's your point here?

Plenty of gun men have represented Fiann Fail and Fine Gael in government, fascists, gangsters and fraudsters too have represented these parties.

The problem is you only want to see things one way. Tell me why that is.

seafoid

Oh the irony!

The irony.

There is small zone of purity somewhere in the Sperrins. And the rest of the world is rancid.
I bet Bomber read a lot of asterix as a child.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: seafoid on January 08, 2018, 02:42:14 PM

Oh the irony!

The irony.

There is small zone of purity somewhere in the Sperrins. And the rest of the world is rancid.
I bet Bomber read a lot of asterix as a child.

I don't claim purity. What I detest is double standards and the free staters have it by the bucket load.

Shamrock Shore

Bomber

Just to clarify the point I referred to "in my lifetime" so name the FF and FG gunmen elected to Dáil Eireann since I started voting in 1984. I can do nothing about anything prior to this.

And please explain why your brought up Albert Reynolds.

Also please tell me who I actually vote for.......seeing as you seem to know.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on January 08, 2018, 02:46:46 PM
Bomber

Just to clarify the point I referred to "in my lifetime" so name the FF and FG gunmen elected to Dáil Eireann since I started voting in 1984. I can do nothing about anything prior to this.

And please explain why your brought up Albert Reynolds.

Also please tell me who I actually vote for.......seeing as you seem to know.

So only things from 1984 count?

Convenient parameter. That would rule out any offence about Kingsmill so - see that's the problem when you try and justify double standards - you're still compromised.