Author Topic: James McClean  (Read 83074 times)

BennyCake

• View Profile
Re: James McClean
« Reply #735 on: March 28, 2020, 03:04:44 PM »
I support McClean with not wearing the poppy. Itís pathetic that poppies are on shirts in the first place, but thatís another matter.

But McClean is beginning to remind me of various people Iíve encountered, where they incessantly have to prove how big of a Republican they are, talking/tweeting/FBing about 1916/Hunger strikes etc, and draping themselves in a tri colour at every opportunity.

Heís doing himself no favours, especially when heís earning a living in England.

Why's it pathetic?

Because itís political. Not just here, but everywhere. And should not have anything to do with sport.

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #736 on: March 28, 2020, 03:15:46 PM »
i donít get why it has become the way it has. Never used to be like that.

HiMucker

• View Profile
« Reply #737 on: March 28, 2020, 04:00:57 PM »
Its an agenda driven by the government to support veterans so they don't have to. Its a sham

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: March 28, 2020, 04:46:05 PM »
Its an agenda driven by the government to support veterans so they don't have to. Its a sham

At its most truest form its a charity, the Government have played their part and for them it actually gets them off the hook for a lot of the stuff that they won't pay for.

Whether you believe in wars or army's, god knows there are plenty here who do, depending on what side of the fence you were born, the Poppy charity is just that.

If you've a stance on it, that's fine and you should be left alone to do as you please and not have any issues with it. If you were personally abused by the British army or your family were unfairly treated by the Brits during the troubles then you'll have that view point.

When I see the the Poppy I think of Flanders and the Somme, it's been hijacked ever since and most Charities are big business and that is reflected by remembering all the wars, though it doesn't glorify wars and unfortunately the Poppy symbol over here has been used by the police/reserve/UDA/UFF/UVF as a symbol to remember their fallen.

I think that is what sticks more so in peoples throats here, and the need for everyone on TV to have it on, but if you put it on for your own reasons, like I outlined (Flanders/Somme) it should be ok
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

Main Street

• View Profile
« Reply #739 on: March 29, 2020, 11:28:15 AM »
It was worth a laugh  - nordie black humour, but as Colin Murphy quipped about the authenticity of a dissident videoed propoganda stunt in the Ardoyne,   "Balaclavas?  very 1972 isn't it?"

rodney trotter

• View Profile
« Reply #740 on: March 29, 2020, 11:46:27 AM »
It wasn't really. Only digging a hole for himself, and fined 2 weeks wages.

screenexile

• Up The Screen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: March 29, 2020, 12:34:49 PM »
It wasn't really. Only digging a hole for himself, and fined 2 weeks wages.

Pulis knew the craic ďNot the sharpest tool in the boxĒ

Main Street

• View Profile
« Reply #742 on: March 29, 2020, 04:34:23 PM »
Dour nordies, at least James, even if he isn't the sharpest tool, can do a bit of self depreciation.
Just don't put a picture up on the internet  for the poopy brigade to go into yet another social network outrage.

JimStynes

• View Profile
« Reply #743 on: March 29, 2020, 06:23:33 PM »
It was no doubt a joke. But he canít turn around complain when people give him shit for these things. Stupid thing to do when heís in the public eye and when he knows thereíll be a backlash for it. As I said, he certainly doesnít help himself.

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: March 29, 2020, 06:31:19 PM »
Cue James handing out gloves and faces masks at the Derry hospital
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

An Watcher

• View Profile
« Reply #745 on: March 29, 2020, 07:08:22 PM »
He's a great lad, carried Ireland a few times in the last few years, giving his time and money to the locals in the North West. So what if he made a mistake. No ones perfect

laoislad

• View Profile
« Reply #746 on: March 29, 2020, 07:43:20 PM »
Saying he carried Ireland is pushing it a bit...
Joe Mcdonagh Champions 2019

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #747 on: March 29, 2020, 07:49:31 PM »
He plays with heart and in a few games he was the only one but he never carried the team....

Very stupid thing to do by mcclean. Itís too sensitive a topic.

GiveItToTheShooters

• View Profile
« Reply #748 on: March 29, 2020, 07:59:56 PM »
Dour nordies, at least James, even if he isn't the sharpest tool, can do a bit of self depreciation.
Just don't put a picture up on the internet  for the poopy brigade to go into yet another social network outrage.
Stop getting on as if you're from Dublin or Cork, you're from Monaghan like ;D, catch yourself on with the "nordies" line