Ulster Senior Football Club Championship 2010

Started by drici, January 14, 2010, 11:32:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crossdoesitbest

Just watched the game again on tg4. Nearly sure I seen that fat fool sludden make the decision to send TK off. There's credibility for you! Who's sneaking him back into football!

Milltown Row2

Think you will find that two yellow cards are followed by a red! TK got them himself. you cant have it both ways! Cross must pay out some fees after these games
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

crossdoesitbest

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 12, 2010, 06:52:39 PM
Think you will find that two yellow cards are followed by a red! TK got them himself. you cant have it both ways! Cross must pay out some fees after these games

Think you will find that NG tried to rough cross up from the throw in, obviously trying to stop us get off to a flying start as we have done in the last few games but class shines through! Nobody can accuse us of being cynical in this game!!! Fair play to them for a good, hard fought game and I'm sure they'll be back again but this cross team are far from finished!

winsamsoon

Hard hitting game with the glenties falling into the cross trap once again. A tactic that has proved the downfall of so many teams in the past ie St Gall's. Instead ofvgoing out and trying to play football they went out to try and battered and beat the cross. You can bet they were gleaming at half time knowing the the Glenties weren't interested in playing football and more interested in stopping cross. As an Armagh man I'm glad cross won the game fully deserved in a long hard fought ulster campaign.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

imtommygunn

Francie makes a fair difference to that cross full back line too. Glenties sent a lot more high ball in than good ball and it wasn't working at all.

Cross were just that bit better. Jamie Clarke looks a class act and deservedly man of the match. I wondered why he was WHF instead of corner forward with the poaching instinct but he see,ed to play a good bit in there.

AK / McConville weren't as prominent today but sign of a good team when some boys are less influential other boys stand up.

Glenties aren't a bad team. You consider the main men for them are U21 there'll be a few years in the team yet.

I still don't think Cross will win the AI but they are hard to beat so you never know.

Don Johnson

Have to agree the Donegal men made a fatal error in their tactics. Some of the Cross players were very restrained considering the attention they were given. McConville still oozes class. Think Cross are well in with a shout for the AI, too long in the tooth to rule them out.

tyroneboi

Quote from: imtommygunn on December 12, 2010, 09:16:19 PM
Francie makes a fair difference to that cross full back line too. Glenties sent a lot more high ball in than good ball and it wasn't working at all.

Cross were just that bit better. Jamie Clarke looks a class act and deservedly man of the match. I wondered why he was WHF instead of corner forward with the poaching instinct but he see,ed to play a good bit in there.

AK / McConville weren't as prominent today but sign of a good team when some boys are less influential other boys stand up.

Glenties aren't a bad team. You consider the main men for them are U21 there'll be a few years in the team yet.

I still don't think Cross will win the AI but they are hard to beat so you never know.

Agree with you there and yet he still ended up scoring 1-4!! He can still play a bit yet!

Shortso79

Great performance from Cross in the 2nd half

Backs played a stormer also

Oisin hit two unbelieveable points in the 2nd half

Roads to cavan were pretty icey today

imtommygunn

Quote from: tyroneboi on December 12, 2010, 10:13:49 PM
Agree with you there and yet he still ended up scoring 1-4!! He can still play a bit yet!

When McConville was oneonone you knew he was going to net it - probably as good as anyone in that position. He was pretty well marked today I thought and I did think at one stage he may get the line but he stuck in and scored a few good scores in the end. Sign of a class act.

HS Clarke was class today so McConville isn't even the best forward in Cross on that display...

armaghniac

QuoteRoads to cavan were pretty icey today

They were indeed. Salt is being conserved towards the snow next weekend.

QuoteI'm not talking about today.

It is certainly doubtful if anyone will ever even reach half McConville's score in the Ulster club championship.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

ONeill

Well done Cross. Some club. The dying embers of the golden era are still the best in Ulster.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

get up there

i might be wrong, i was at the game, sludden got tk sent off for f--k all, why has sludden created more controversy then the ref himself.. in a nutshell ... he is s--t >:(

Armaghgeddon

Quote from: get up there on December 12, 2010, 11:45:53 PM
i might be wrong, i was at the game, sludden got tk sent off for f--k all, why has sludden created more controversy then the ref himself.. in a nutshell ... he is s--t >:(

There is a pattern emerging here....

Everytime he is involved in a game invoved with anything from Armagh a player gets sent off. Armagh vs Down in NFL - Sending off. Armagh vs Monaghan in Ulster - Sending off and then there is today.

Winnie Peg

Quote from: Armaghgeddon on December 13, 2010, 12:16:23 AM

Everytime he is involved in a game invoved with anything from Armagh a player gets sent off. Armagh vs Down in NFL - Sending off. Armagh vs Monaghan in Ulster - Sending off and then there is today.

You are all correct. Crossmaglen players never do anything. Always play the game to the letter of the law. Never cynical. Never foul. And those pesky St. galls and Glenties players roughing them up.
And then today, poor Tony Kernan running past a Glenties player and the dirty Donegal player sticks out his chin and hits poor Tony on the elbow and what does the disgraced Sludden do, goes and gets poor Tony sent off.

Throw ball

Quote from: Winnie Peg on December 13, 2010, 12:22:57 AM
Quote from: Armaghgeddon on December 13, 2010, 12:16:23 AM

You are all correct. Crossmaglen players never do anything. Always play the game to the letter of the law. Never cynical. Never foul. And those pesky St. galls and Glenties players roughing them up.
And then today, poor Tony Kernan running past a Glenties player and the dirty Donegal player sticks out his chin and hits poor Tony on the elbow and what does the disgraced Sludden do, goes and gets poor Tony sent off.

To be fair Winnie peg you might be right as to why Kernan got sent off. On saying that Tony Kernan is not a dirty player and given what else was going on in the game Cross people wonder how he got picked out above anyone else. Maybe he just isn't as cute as the rest. I would like to know what McConville got booked for any how the Glenties player did not even get a free given against him for the frontal challenge on McConville later on. The problem seemed to be that Cross players found it easier to get a yellow for a challenge a Glenties player didn't get a yellow for.