Ulster Senior Football Club Championship 2010

Started by drici, January 14, 2010, 11:32:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: David McKeown on November 14, 2010, 03:22:03 PM
Probably when the ref gets the sending off right.

Cross superb in first half. Very poor refereeing for Burren goal. O'Callaghan taken out in the build up to the goal. Referee allows play to continue even though Burren have the ball then books the offender after burren score

Cross seem to feel none of their sending offs were right, thats why they appeal them
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

David McKeown

Regardless of other sendings off, Hanratty shouldn't have been and had every right and cause to appeal
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

fitzroyalty

Cross fully deserved their win IMO, Burren were very slow to get started in the first half and missed a few frees which would have kept them in touch, seemed to dump their trunks a bit as Cross went into a 7/8 pt lead. Only their goal coming up to half-time kept Burren in it. To be fair re O'Callaghan he may have been taken out but how he didn't get booked himself is a mystery. Rugby tackled his man every time he got the ball, so cynical but it more or less stopped Burren building momentum and was key to the winning of the game as Burren couldn't impose their direct style of play onto the Cross defence.

Burren improved big time for the second half and it looked to be in the balance right until the end. McKernan had a excellent chance to level things, the usual outside of the boot that he scores for fun and managed to put it wide. Cross were their usual selves and used their cuteness to see the match out, enter Messrs McEntee & Bellew. Good game but with a lot of misplaced passes, surprised at some of the kick passing from both teams but I'll but that down to the conditions.

supersub

Anyone have the teams and scorers from Casement?

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: supersub on November 14, 2010, 05:26:50 PM
Anyone have the teams and scorers from Casement?

Burren: C Murdock, Ciaran McGovern, D McCartan, R McGovern, K McKernan, D Rooney, G McCartan, A Higgins, A McArdle, Conal McGovern, J McGovern, E McGovern 0-1, D OHare 1-0, E Toner, S Murdock 1-5 (0-5 frees).
Subs used: E McCartan 0-1, R McGovern, C Byrne.

Crossmaglen: P Hearty, P McKeown, P Kernan, J Morgan, A Kernan 0-1, D OCallaghan, S Finnegan 0-1, J Hanratty, D McKenna, T Kernan 0-3, S Kernan, F Hanratty, K Carragher, M McNamee 1-2, O McConnville 0-3 (0-3 frees).
Subs used: A Cunningham, F Bellew, M Aherne, J McEntee.

Mid Down Gael

Very entertaining game in Casement. Cross where outstanding in the first half and looked as if they where going to destroy Burren with the goal before half time keeping them in it. Eoin McCartans introduction and Rooney going to midfield where two major factors in Burrens superb comeback and they could have got a draw only for a missed chance at the death. overall though Crossmaglen deserved their victory with Aaron and Tony Kernan outstanding. McNamee, Finnegan, Johnny Hannratty, who was surprisingly subtituted, McConnville and McKenna also played well. For Burren Murdock was accurate from frees while Rooney, Eoin McCartan and Ronan McGovern their best players IMO. McKernan played rightly in an attacking sence but struggled marking Tony Kernan.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: David McKeown on November 14, 2010, 05:08:47 PM
Regardless of other sendings off, Hanratty shouldn't have been and had every right and cause to appeal

Sent off and rightly so, referee should have sent him off earlier in the match due to his constant fouling but sure we all watch games differently depending on who you support
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

mountainboii

Thought Cross were just about the better team, but very nearly lost it on the line.

Nothing was done about James McGovern roasting Danny O'Callaghan. Nothing was done about their FB line being dodgy as f**k under the high ball. They're blessed that it took Burren 'til the second half to cop onto the weakness there. And Bellew's introduction for Hanratty backfired terribly. Hanratty was one of Cross' best players. Bellew came on and offered nothing, he wasn't fit to bend for the ball.

The same defensive weaknesses that were evident in the Armagh championship were back in full view for Cross. They lack quality down the middle. I'd worry for them against a team without more than one or two quality attacking outlets. Clarke will be a big boost, though. They need him, only two forwards scoring from play again today.

Tony and Aaron Kernan were both very good again. Mickey McNamee found his shooting boots to good effect, the Burren #2 was very lucky not to see red for what I thought was a clear stamp on him. Stephen Finnegan was decent too. McConville was well marshalled. Stephen Kernan made a few great catches around the middle but it wasn't really happening for him, some very bad wides.

What manner of **** caused the security alert on the motorway? An hour and fifteen minutes from Sprucefield to Casement. Dying for a piss too. c***ts.

wavesofTORRES

I think Tony McEntee will be counting his lucky stars today after a couple of those changes just didnt have the desired effect. Taking Kyle Carragher off was a strange one. I think it was expected that introducing Francie and John McEntee was goin to  somehow put the frighteners on the younger and less experienced Burren lads but that was not the case, in fact the Burren folk around us were glad to see the back of Carragher. Burren rallied well in the second half and had they been less rash in front of the posts may have squeaked home. The experience will have served Burren well for next season. Losing Eamon Toner was a major blow but Eoin McCartan showed theres still a big threat lurking in him.
Good luck to Cross in the final by all accounts Glenties are no slouches so should be a tasty affair. Any word on when and where the finals are.

imtommygunn

I thought Aaron Kernan was very much the catalyst to this victory. His kick passing was excellent the whole game. I thought Burren should have went man to man. Tony Kernan wasn't too bad either.

I'm not sure what was going on with Burren first fifteen. Their marking was shocking and they had defenders hardly laying a hand on their man when they got the ball(particularly on McNamee / Carragher). The Cross goal exemplified this. Burren also were dealt a blow with the big 14 going off though his replacement played quite well I thought. Cross did play some great stuff but were also allowed to.

Regarding the Cross centre half back and James McGovern well I thought McGovern caused him a few headaches but his decision making on the ball was shocking. I was expecting a lot better.

It's hard to warm to the Cross team. They're a little too cynical for my liking but whatever wins you matches I suppose. They're stealing yards left, right and centre then they're slowing the game down by just dragging here there and everywhere and they're taking men late after they score.

RMDrive

It'll have to be in Brewster part or Omagh to be fair to both teams.

Milltown Row2

I'm hearing Casement, Motorway to be blocked again with more scares, game to be 15 minutes late

under the bar

According to Nelson McCausland it should be in The Maze.

armaghniac

Cross nearly let it slip today, but this might provide some useful lessons. Had Burren not got the goal before half time they might not have got things going in the second half and the margin could have been larger, but less informative to management. AK and TK were good, but both missed frees that they might have got on another day.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B