Ulster Senior Football Club Championship 2010

Started by drici, January 14, 2010, 11:32:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

None of the current st galls crop have beaten cross so even with AI medal they should have some motivation.

Antrim is easy for st galls - this is where it starts for them. However they were incredibly lucky to beat Cavan Gaels at this stage last year so maybe this is the best time to get them.

I just have a feeling cross will beat them and I wouldn't say complacency will have anything to do with it. Against real good defenses I'm not convinced the Galls have enough in attack.

Schkite

Quote from: DuffleKing on October 21, 2010, 06:39:48 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on October 21, 2010, 05:47:20 PM
Quote from: Wee Roddy on October 21, 2010, 01:23:57 PM
Coalisland may give Rosslea a better game ;)
On paper Clontibret look good and Glenties appear to be a team suited to the Ulster Series.
In fairness i cant see anyone fearing the Tyrone champions
What paper is this? They just about got past Magheracloone at the second attempt.

third attempt?

The first game meant little, both teams were still in the championship after it. But yeah, we've no chance in Ulster. Sure Brennan said himself winning the county title was job done and it's bonus territory now. Naomh Conaill have a win under their belts and are flying now.

Applesisapples

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 21, 2010, 04:27:54 PM
Quote from: Applesisapples on October 21, 2010, 04:14:50 PM
Quote from: drici on October 20, 2010, 06:14:15 PM
07-11-10 (Sunday)
Ulster Intermediate Hurling Championship
Final
St Johns(Antrim) v Carrickmore Éire Óg(Tyrone)
2-30pm   Casement Park
Referee: TBC

(Carrickmore St Colmcilles must now avoid winning the Tyrone Senior Football Championship and following up by drawing After Extra Time with Roslea Shamrocks on October 31st)
I am I the only one thinking these big Antrim teams like St Galls and St John's are taking the pi** dropping to the intermediate.

We  (Naomhgall) are currently bottom of div 2 hurling in Antrim, we are hardly a big senior team!!! if we dont win our last game we will be playing in div 3 next year. Should we enter Junior?
You are a big club and still have players available to you I'll bet when your playing championship all your footballers who play hurling are available, as opposed to your league team, St John's though have been a dominant force at underage in Ulster for many years now and have resources most clubs would kill for.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Applesisapples on October 22, 2010, 08:44:12 AM
07-11-10 (Sunday)
Final
2-30pm   Casement Park

(Carrickmore St Colmcilles must now avoid winning the Tyrone Senior Football Championship and following up by drawing After Extra Time with Roslea Shamrocks on October 31st)
I am I the only one thinking these big Antrim teams like St Galls and St John's are taking the pi** dropping to the intermediate.

We  (Naomhgall) are currently bottom of div 2 hurling in Antrim, we are hardly a big senior team!!! if we dont win our last game we will be playing in div 3 next year. Should we enter Junior?
You are a big club and still have players available to you I'll bet when your playing championship all your footballers who play hurling are available, as opposed to your league team, St John's though have been a dominant force at underage in Ulster for many years now and have resources most clubs would kill for.

Have you seen our changing rooms??? Our facilities are shite and have just been burned down!! The local hoods have nothing better to do. We played championship (one game) this year and i had to strip out so we don't have our full strength team. Loughgiel hammered us.

You need to have a competitive league to have any chance in championship.

As for St Johns yes I'd say they are a senior team going through a slight transition. The thing is, since the chance for clubs to play in Croke Park the standard has been raised a lot. So clubs in Ulster will always play against a better Antrim team, they need to up there game like the Tyrone team did last year in reaching the club final.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

haranguerer

Going by this thread noone fancies themselves for Ulster  :D

drici

Ulster Junior Hurling Championship
Preliminary Round
Strabane Shamrocks(Tyrone) 0-08 Seán MacCumhaills Ballybofey/Stranorlar(Donegal)  0-18

Quarter Finals
Camloch Craobh Rua(Armagh) 2-09 Coleraine Eoghan Rua(Derry) 2-06

Seán MacCumhaills 3-16 v Clonduff(Down) 1-05

Inniskeen Grattans(Monaghan) 2-17 Lisnaskea Emmets(Fermanagh) 0-08

Mullahoran St Josephs(Cavan) 2-02 Cloughmills St Brigids(Antrim) 4-14

Semi Finals
Camloch Craobh Rua 1-09 Inniskeen Grattans 0-16

Cloughmills St Brigids 0-18 Seán MacCumhaills 0-15

24-10-10 (Sunday)
Ulster Junior Hurling Championship Final
Cloughmills St Brigids 1-09 Inniskeen Grattans 0-14
Casement Park
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------   
Quarter Final
Carrickmore Éire Óg(Tyrone) 1-21 Bredagh(Down) 0-03

Semi Finals
St Johns(Antrim) 5-14 Lisbellaw St Patricks(Fermanagh) 0-09

Cúchulainns(Armagh) 3-10 Carrickmore Éire Óg 7-11

07-11-10 (Sunday)
Ulster Intermediate Hurling Championship Final
St Johns 2-11 Carrickmore Éire Óg 1-11
St Johns 2-11 (M O'Neill 0-2, G Clarke 0-1, L Boyle 2-1, B McFall 0-7(4 frees, 1 sideline cut))
Éire Óg 1-11 (J Kerr 0-5(3 frees), A Kelly 0-2(2 frees), J Kelly 0-3(a point from the penalty), C Grogan 1-1)
Casement Park
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ulster Senior Hurling Championship
Semi Finals
Loughgiel Shamrocks(Antrim) 2-17 Ballygalget John Mitchels(Down) 2-06

Keady Lámh Dhearg(Armagh) 1-15 Lavey Erins Own(Derry) 2-10

24-10-10 (Sunday)
Ulster Senior Hurling Championship Final
Loughgiel Shamrocks 2-24 Keady Lámh Dhearg 0-06
Casement Park
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
24-10-10 (Sunday)
Ulster Junior Football Championship
Preliminary Round
Replay
Corduff Gaels(Monaghan) 1-10 Killyman St Marys(Tyrone) 0-07
Inniskeen

brokencrossbar1

Corss may have a great new pitch but having two games in it in 24 hours before the St Gall's game will cut it up, particularly from those Doohamlet bog stompers!!!  This will suit the experienced heads in the St Gall's camp as they will have the guile to slow the game down and win it on frees.  St Gall's 1-9 Cross 0-10.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 25, 2010, 12:26:45 PM
Corss may have a great new pitch but having two games in it in 24 hours before the St Gall's game will cut it up, particularly from those Doohamlet bog stompers!!!  This will suit the experienced heads in the St Gall's camp as they will have the guile to slow the game down and win it on frees.  St Gall's 1-9 Cross 0-10.

Bullshitter!!! agreed game will be tight and low scoring, doubt there will be a goal with Franice staying back and playing sweeper. that will actually suit us if Cross do that. All the Antrim teams have employed that system against us
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 25, 2010, 01:08:59 PM

Bullshitter!!! agreed game will be tight and low scoring, doubt there will be a goal with Franice staying back and playing sweeper. that will actually suit us if Cross do that. All the Antrim teams have employed that system against us

Why am I a bullshitter?  There will be difficult conditions to play in with probably a wet pitch and 2 games over the previous 24 hours.  You agree with me that it will be a low scoring game.  Most games at this time of year are won by 12-14 points to 8-11 points.  Check the stats over the years and you will see that scoring pattern.  Most games at this time of the year are won by the teams with the most experience and cuteness.  I think that St Gall's current squad have that edge over Cross.  You cannot underestimate the impact that losing the Macs, JD and to a lesser extent Short has had in terms if experience.  Cross are a talented but young side and St Galls will rightly be slight favourites to win and I reckon that there extra experience will see them throigh by 2-3 points.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 25, 2010, 01:27:49 PM

Why am I a bullshitter?  There will be difficult conditions to play in with probably a wet pitch and 2 games over the previous 24 hours.  You agree with me that it will be a low scoring game.  Most games at this time of year are won by 12-14 points to 8-11 points.  Check the stats over the years and you will see that scoring pattern.  Most games at this time of the year are won by the teams with the most experience and cuteness.  I think that St Gall's current squad have that edge over Cross.  You cannot underestimate the impact that losing the Macs, JD and to a lesser extent Short has had in terms if experience.  Cross are a talented but young side and St Galls will rightly be slight favourites to win and I reckon that there extra experience will see them throigh by 2-3 points.

yes the two Macs are a big loss and certainly JD was a good player that day in Newry :(, but the reality is, Cross have only lost one Armagh championship in 14 years!! they are no mugs and all but 1/2 players have played in Ulster Championships.

I wouldn't be talking them down. Bullshitting your chances just, not you personally. we've a few injuries going into the game, wouldn't be the same team that started the County final but good replacements all the same. Course we'd be happy with a one point win. two games on that day, So may head down early have a few pints. clubrooms open for drinks?

Applesisapples

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 22, 2010, 10:11:33 AM
Quote from: Applesisapples on October 22, 2010, 08:44:12 AM
07-11-10 (Sunday)
Final
2-30pm   Casement Park

Have you seen our changing rooms??? Our facilities are shite and have just been burned down!! The local hoods have nothing better to do. We played championship (one game) this year and i had to strip out so we don't have our full strength team. Loughgiel hammered us.

You need to have a competitive league to have any chance in championship.

As for St Johns yes I'd say they are a senior team going through a slight transition. The thing is, since the chance for clubs to play in Croke Park the standard has been raised a lot. So clubs in Ulster will always play against a better Antrim team, they need to up there game like the Tyrone team did last year in reaching the club final.
Ok your changing facilities are crap but you have a couple of good pitches and a large catchment area.

Applesisapples

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 25, 2010, 01:51:59 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 25, 2010, 01:27:49 PM

yes the two Macs are a big loss and certainly JD was a good player that day in Newry :(, but the reality is, Cross have only lost one Armagh championship in 14 years!! they are no mugs and all but 1/2 players have played in Ulster Championships.

I wouldn't be talking them down. Bullshitting your chances just, not you personally. we've a few injuries going into the game, wouldn't be the same team that started the County final but good replacements all the same. Course we'd be happy with a one point win. two games on that day, So may head down early have a few pints. clubrooms open for drinks?
Cross have more Armagh County players than St Galls have Antim players and should be favourites on their own patch,  St Galls though are a good team.

Joxer

See the Irish News are saying this morning that John Mac is back in the Cross fold.   A massive boost for them.  Also they were saying betting for the game is  6/4 Cross v St Galls  8/11. 

nrico2006

I can't see Cross losing this one.  Their record at home is formidable plus they have both experience, youth and talent in abundance.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Milltown Row2

Thats that then, should make good money this weekend ;)