Fundraising Ideas

Started by Norf Tyrone, February 05, 2007, 11:20:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

Hi
I have had the honour(!!!) of being put in charge of our social committee this year. We do the usual quiz nights etc. but was wondering does anyone have any other innovative ideas? Capacity of out Club is ~100, but we could use a community hall to fit ~220. Raising money is one objective, but something different for the members to try/enjoy would also be on the agenda!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

5 Sams

Highly recommended though be warned a there's a lot of work involved.....if you decide to go with it and if you listen to the advice these guys give you you could make 30 grand on this.

http://www.thousandaire.ie/
The Aristocrat Years

Bud Wiser

An Auction - if you plan it well in advance and source not more than 30 items. Even at one a minute going under the hammer it can get boring after half an hour.  I have done about six of these and they always made around four or five grand.

Think about the order in which you sell them carefully.  If for example you got two premium seats for a Leinster Final, try and get four but auction them as two, then  flog two and two for the same price as the second highest in the bid.  Saves time, you get the max for four and it saves your throat from shouting.  Never sell the expensive items first and get stuff for ladies like free hairstyle in some top hairdresser's and meals in restaurants to get the crowd baying. Don't take bids over a phone from someone not there, set a minimum price if someone is interested.  Call out each bidders name, give them credit for bidding, get their ego going, they love it and will bid higher.  Get someone who has a business that accepts credit cards to help you or if your club accepts credit cards your away with it. Balance each item at an naverage price, for example 4 x Premium seats are 2 items (2x2) and should get you 200.  Try and get sponsorsip for a meal for two from Croke Park Catering or a nearby hotel and sell it as a package and you gain an extra 100 etc.   Let me know if your interested and I'll help you nwith a room for two in City West on the actual night before the All-Ireland.

Norf Tyrone

Thanks for the tips lads. Like the sound of that crowd 5sams.

Some other stuff I might try are:

Deal or no deal,
Night 'literally' at the races. Ship them to the dogs via coach, and then back to the Club for a drink(ing session)
Play yer cards right
Mister and missus
Deal or no deal with a £250 jackpot
Stars in their eyes
Treasure Hunt
Family Fortunes
3 dart darts comprtition- 3 darts makes it less skillful and gives the non thrower a chance.

Would love to try and get a reasonably good comedian, but it's difficult to get someone do 90 minutes.

Shamrock Shore

Get a few Jazesin Dubs to do a sponsored streak  >:(

Orior

Quote from: 5 Sams on February 05, 2007, 11:39:01 AM
Highly recommended though be warned a there's a lot of work involved.....if you decide to go with it and if you listen to the advice these guys give you you could make 30 grand on this.

http://www.thousandaire.ie/

Hey 5 Sams, I'm orgainising one of those and we're using Pallas. Any tips?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Bulwinkle

You can buy race night thingies on ebay.

oakleafgael

Norf,

Bearing in mind where your located, a gala night at the dogs would be something different and its a definite money maker. You can sell tickets for a set fee that include admission and a meal etc, the restaurant is top notch at lifford btw. Get local buisnesses to sponsor a race each and they get to present trophys etc to the winning dogs. Half of the prizemoney goes to the dogs owner with the other half going to your pot.

Another thing that can be done is that people nominate a dog in each race, by this say £100/£50 fee for a nomination and if your dog wins the race you get £300/£150, there is normally 12/14 races so this on its own can raise upto £3000. Its definetly something different as the dinner dances/auctions are getting a bit played out at this stage.

Norf Tyrone

Aye Oakleaf.

I got a package from the track, and with hard work, good money can be made. However as I am only starting to coin one of our phrases, I am but a small oak, and careful not to over commit too soon.

However your right, it is something that should be taken advantage of.

Great track, and great night out too!

amallon

Lads any new ideas coming up on the fundraising front?  We are doing Jigs and Reels in November but need to be thinking of something else for the new year.  Has anyone done "Who wants to be a thousandaire" recently?  This thread was dated in 07 when things economically a bit better.  I wonder if it would still draw the crowds?

We have had two x-factors which both did well but the second wasn't as successfull as the first.
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

SidelineKick

Quote from: amallon on October 08, 2009, 10:14:02 AM
Lads any new ideas coming up on the fundraising front?  We are doing Jigs and Reels in November but need to be thinking of something else for the new year.  Has anyone done "Who wants to be a thousandaire" recently?  This thread was dated in 07 when things economically a bit better.  I wonder if it would still draw the crowds?

We have had two x-factors which both did well but the second wasn't as successfull as the first.

We're doing jigs and reels ourselves, how has anyone else thats done this found it?
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

loughshore lad

Ardboe are doing a "Strictly Come Dancing" night sometime in November.  Apparently a few other clubs have done well out of it, Edendork ran one a while back and by all accounts theirs was a roaring success.

Rois

Am I right in thinking Clann na Gael in Lurgan have a boxing thing this weekend?

full back

Quote from: Rois on October 08, 2009, 11:00:29 AM
Am I right in thinking Clann na Gael in Lurgan have a boxing thing this weekend?

There is a boxing night on this weekend, but it is in Armagh City Hotel

It features boxers from many of the clubs around the county fighting against each other

£30 a ticket, not too bad for what should be a good nights entertainment especially if there is a boxer from your club fighting

Rois

Ahhh - my wee sis is heading to it with some Clanns ones - Diarmuid Marsden must be fighting!