All Ireland Club Championships - Final Stages

Started by drici, January 10, 2010, 10:32:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

It will be some achievement if Cross win an AI with this team. I watched them since the Cruppen game expecting them to fall in every round, they really aren't a patch on previous sides which will make this 1 the sweetest of the lot if they win. 2 very astute & ruthless men on the line.

ExiledGael

Who said the ref was a spa??

www.inpho.ie/cgi-bin/WebObjects/INPHO-Shop.woa/wa/p?p=H375oROjuXZVHMCu8KQEOodtUZ0rxPJhXISyEcdHBiA.a

Armamike

Great win for Cross after a ropey start and up against it. They never have done panic and just rolled up their sleeves and went about getting back into the game.  I thought John McEntee made a big difference, got on the ball a lot and used it well. Still seems to have so much time on the ball. When things got heated he was composure.
That's just, like your opinion man.

DrinkingHarp

Quote from: Rossfan on February 27, 2011, 04:54:42 PM
Quote from: DrinkingHarp on February 26, 2011, 08:51:39 AM
Could this be the championship game?

I see the winner of this match taking the championship.

Cross by 2 and the final by three.

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
St.B's better stay at home on the 17th as Cross are bringing the cup home today  ;D

Thank you for the vote of confidence    ;)
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

Leo

Kilmacud is a massive club, looks well organsed, seems to have huge (financial) resources.
Message: football is a simple game; the only time a more skilful team will lose is when they don't have the laithroidi.
Fierce tame altogether

Celt_Man

Anyone else think that the sending off of Cross No. 6 was a complete and utter joke???
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

armaghniac

QuoteAnyone else think that the sending off of Cross No. 6 was a complete and utter joke???

It was a  complete and utter joke. The Kilmacud player was trying to get the attention of the ref and the sending off occurred when he backed into O'Callaghan, who held him off and he fell as if struck. This is worse than dirty play, in my opinion.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Jinxy

Quote from: Celt_Man on February 27, 2011, 11:35:51 PM
Anyone else think that the sending off of Cross No. 6 was a complete and utter joke???

We all knew the ref was going to do it the first chance he got after reducing Crokes to 13.
It's standard GAA refereeing procedure.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

ross4life

Will he now miss the final or can he appeal that stupid decision?
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Celt_Man

If anything is right and fair, that man have a successful appeal and not miss out on an All-Ireland final with his club... not too many more frightening nightmare scenarios
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Throw ball

Quote from: Jinxy on February 27, 2011, 07:54:26 PM
Crokes had a man sent off for nothing.
Their keeper handed you a goal on a plate.
They ran out of steam at the end as they were a man down for most of the game.
They are a better team than Crossmaglen and I think it would have been a great achievement to reach the final given that they are missing so many players.

Jinxy people in Armagh have been watching Cross for 15 years now when on numerous occasions they have appeared to be second best and still won - even ask Cullyhanna this championship. They do it regular. They may not have the best players or play the best but over the years they have proved to be the best winners.

As someone else said this Cross team is nowhere near their best team so St Brigids have more than a fighting chance, but if they give Cross a sniff of it they will probably take it.

Well done Cross and good luck in the final. I also hope O'Callaghan gets his red overturned as he may never get a chance to play in an All Ireland final again and to be cheated out of it like this would be hard to take.

Also, could someone tell the referee that you do not have to blow the whistle all the time and that yellow and red cards can stay in your pocket.

Scarface

Well done Crossmaglen.....I watched some amount of professional sport over that weekend and by far the most enjoyable was the 'amateur' game between Cross and Crokes. Seriously it was great - high intensity, competitve, agressive and no little skill on show....well done to all involved.

tonesfirstandlast

Quote from: Scarface on February 28, 2011, 09:35:01 AM
Well done Crossmaglen.....I watched some amount of professional sport over that weekend and by far the most enjoyable was the 'amateur' game between Cross and Crokes. Seriously it was great - high intensity, competitve, agressive and no little skill on show....well done to all involved.

+1

nrico2006

Did the Cross Number 6 not stick his knee into the back of a Crokes players leg?  Still very harsh to receive a red card for that though.  What is the craic with Big Francie, is the wee cameo at the end of every game purely for entertainment and to lift the crowd and players?  Does he even train anymore?  I have to admit I love seeing him come on, legend. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: nrico2006 on February 28, 2011, 10:00:26 AM

Did the Cross Number 6 not stick his knee into the back of a Crokes players leg?  Still very harsh to receive a red card for that though.  What is the craic with Big Francie, is the wee cameo at the end of every game purely for entertainment and to lift the crowd and players?  Does he even train anymore?  I have to admit I love seeing him come on, legend.

He's only there for the drink after the matches!!!