All Ireland Club Championships - Final Stages

Started by drici, January 10, 2010, 10:32:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doogie Browser

St Galls were excellent value minus 3 at 6/5 yesterday.

T Fearon

For me, Gallagher at midfield was the lynchpin for St Gall's yesterday, as good a midfield display as Ive seen in Croker for many years, though Kevin Mc Gourty played his part as well. CJ was too eager to get a goal on numerous occasions, and Rory Gallagher also had better days, the old legs seem to be giving way.

Bensars

Quote from: T Fearon on March 18, 2010, 10:32:30 AM
For me, Gallagher at midfield was the lynchpin for St Gall's yesterday, as good a midfield display as Ive seen in Croker for many years, though Kevin Mc Gourty played his part as well. CJ was too eager to get a goal on numerous occasions, and Rory Gallagher also had better days, the old legs seem to be giving way.

Youd have to wonder at that Tony ! ::)  A corner forward in fornt of goals , not more than 10 yards out and a chance to bury it. 

T Fearon

When you're 4 or 5 points in front in the last ten minutes, surely the easy option of another point is the sensible one to take?

I would like to see the Mc Gourtys settle down and forge long county careers now.

Bensars

St Galls were dominant throughout the match from about the 15th minute on. The result was never in doubt.

Now replace CJ with any other corner forward worth their salt in the country and the outcome would have been the same. An All Ireland club final and a chance to hit the onion bag.

Different story entirely if it have been a much a tighter contest whereby he most likely may have taken a percentage decision.

Onion Bag

For anyone who watched the game yesterday on the box, did anyone notice before the game started, the bit of a preview on both teams. on the st galls one, they interviewed Sean kelly, and it was showing a couple of highlights from their previous games, the team was standing for the national anthem and Rory Gallagher just took the lad out and had a piss, plain as day. if this is spotted by the powers that be, they could find themselves with a fine, not that they would really give a f**k today,

apparrantly Cookstown were fined €3000 for their antics in croker
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

T Fearon

No. But at the match, seated beside the St Galls "fans" in the Cusack, there was not a murmur out of any of them when the Artane Band was playing the National Anthem yesterday,not a single one, which made me think that they were all Cliftonville/ Donegal Celtic fans on a day out. No offence intended here to genuine Galls fans.

Never ever witnessed this by any section of fans in Croke Park, in any code before. Even at soccer internationals the National Anthem is sung by the majority of fans, in Irishm with great gusto.

Celt_Man

Quote from: Onion Bag on March 18, 2010, 11:11:31 AM
For anyone who watched the game yesterday on the box, did anyone notice before the game started, the bit of a preview on both teams. on the st galls one, they interviewed Sean kelly, and it was showing a couple of highlights from their previous games, the team was standing for the national anthem and Rory Gallagher just took the lad out and had a piss, plain as day. if this is spotted by the powers that be, they could find themselves with a fine, not that they would really give a f**k today,

Well done to St. Gall's, comfortable winners without ever running away with the game.

What did Cookstown get up to???
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

imtommygunn

Wwhat I've noticed about CJ in a few games this year... he will actually win high balls put into him. This got him a goal chance or two.

He was well within his rites to go for goal except on all occassions bar one IMO. The one where he practially hit it off his man's ass. Dunno how he thought he was getting it through there.

T Fearon

Exactly the point I'm making. He was trying to goal all day, when there were times when the point was the more realistic option. Such an approach could have proved potentially fatal.

imtommygunn

I only thought he did it once though...

Good player - still maybe a tad greedy. Still young though so hopefully he'll learn though.

T Fearon

Yes. I hope that he and Kevin both wise up and return to the County fold, where they have much to offer and can forge great careers, and who knows, maybe even more significant medals than they got yesterday

cookstownblue

Quote from: Celt_Man on March 18, 2010, 04:16:16 PM
Quote from: Onion Bag on March 18, 2010, 11:11:31 AM

Well done to St. Gall's, comfortable winners without ever running away with the game.

What did Cookstown get up to???

few of the lads "lost" their clothes when they went down for a look round croker a week before the final

Onion Bag

And there was a tour of croker on at the time, with streakers running across the field, it didnt go down too well
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

Armaghtothebone

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on March 17, 2010, 11:50:12 PM
Gall's just far too good. I predicted that they could beat them by 15 points and was lambasted for it. Well they should have won by 15. Kilmurry were delighted to be in the final, Gall's actually wanted to win it. They're the best club team I've seen and have the ability to win one or two more All-Irelands if they have the drive.

Fair play to the Galls well done but honestly"the best club team I've seen".
Crossmaglen Rangers?