All Ireland Club Championships - Final Stages

Started by drici, January 10, 2010, 10:32:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Hard to see Cross beating Kilmacaud after last time out and you'd have to say Cross weren't as strong. Then again Cross aren't a team it's a good idea to write off...

Nemo should get to the final handy enough I'd have thought. Dunno if they switched off at the weekend but it as a massive lead they had. In Masters, Alan Cronin and Jimmy Kerrigan they have 3 excellent club forwards. Hard to see them being beat full stop in fact.

Have Cross ever beat Nemo? I can't recall them having done... If not would make an interesting final pairing.

armaghniac

QuoteHard to see Cross beating Kilmacaud after last time out and you'd have to say Cross weren't as strong.

Kilmacud have to be favourites. That said two years ago Cross played below par and if they have a good day this time they will rattle Croke's cage.

QuoteHave Cross ever beat Nemo? I can't recall them having done... If not would make an interesting final pairing.

I'd go for the Rangers to win this one!
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

crossfire

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 01, 2011, 08:11:20 PM
Hard to see Cross beating Kilmacaud after last time out and you'd have to say Cross weren't as strong. Then again Cross aren't a team it's a good idea to write off...

Nemo should get to the final handy enough I'd have thought. Dunno if they switched off at the weekend but it as a massive lead they had. In Masters, Alan Cronin and Jimmy Kerrigan they have 3 excellent club forwards. Hard to see them being beat full stop in fact.

Have Cross ever beat Nemo? I can't recall them having done... If not would make an interesting final pairing.

Cross and Nemo have never met in the club championship.

The only time they were both provincial winners was in the 2007/2008 season, but whilst Nemo won their semi final we were beaten by St Vincents.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: crossfire on February 01, 2011, 09:58:09 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on February 01, 2011, 08:11:20 PM

Cross and Nemo have never met in the club championship.

The only time they were both provincial winners was in the 2007/2008 season, but whilst Nemo won their semi final we were beaten by St Vincents.

We beat Nemo, they are the same team only older now by about 5 years. Cross should they meet, will beat them.

Watched them on Sunday, had a great start but faded quickly. Kilmacud have done the same lately.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

INDIANA

Crokes full side would walk this.

Without them they may not beat Cross.

I think Cross will prevail narrowly.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: INDIANA on February 01, 2011, 10:52:38 PM
Crokes full side would walk this.

Without them they may not beat Cross.

I think Cross will prevail narrowly.

Kilmacuds to lose, we're too young yet and Kilmacud are too strong even with a few players short.  Nemo will rattle them hard in the final and could win it with a bit to spare.

Milltown Row2

Stop Pissing down our legs BC1, Cross are no mugs at this stage they won't fall into the same trap they did when last meeting Crokes.  There is no way they will let Crokes get the lead or develop the stranglehold they had on you the last they met. Cross were simply blown away the last time out.

Who will have down their homework from the last game will come out on top.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bennydorano

I"ve been saying it since round 2 of the Armagh SFC, but this is very ordinary Cross team, not within an asses roar of recent vintages. 2 players to blot out, Oisin & Jamie, if KC do that they'll win pulling up.

ogshead

Quote from: bennydorano on February 01, 2011, 11:53:22 PM
I"ve been saying it since round 2 of the Armagh SFC, but this is very ordinary Cross team, not within an asses roar of recent vintages. 2 players to blot out, Oisin & Jamie, if KC do that they'll win pulling up.

This very ordinary team seem to keep winning matches. They may not seem to be the in same league as previous Cross' teams but they have the same hunger and winning mentality. It is hard to write them off as easily as that!!

drici

All Ireland Junior Hurling Final: Meelin v John Lockes.

And so, the day that many a Meelin heart would never have dared to dream of is almost upon us. What a headline it surely is: The All Ireland Hurling Final, with Meelin playing.

The flags are ready, the buses are fuelled, the cars are decorated and soon the sandwiches will be buttered and filled.
In droves of men, women & children we will congregate at some watering holes along the route to Croke Park and walk down The Jones Road as a green & gold army. An army of brothers and sisters, from the little village of Meelin, that is this week sitting atop the hurling world. A little village that will on Sunday represent its own people, its parish, the Duhallow division, Cork county & Munster.

A Team that will take on the might and power of the most respected and strongest hurling county at present, John Lockes of Callan town and Kilkenny.

And by God will we support our 'Band of Brothers'. These lads and our mighty leader, Liam, with the '3 Wise Men' of Ben, Liam and Willie deserve such great credit for sticking with these lads over the past year, through thick & thin, in the good days and not so good nights.

The 'Band of Brothers' that is made up of the brothers O Sullivans, Forrests, O Riordans, Collins', Murphys & Curtins, with cousins Brosnans and the Buckley, O Doherty, O Connor, O Callaghan & Mahoney connection not to be forgotten. Only in a village and parish such as Meelin could there be such connectivity in such a group of players. The very essence of what playing for the Village is all about in hurling parlance.

No doubt, this is going to be a ferocious battle, with John Lockes already installed as firm favourites. They eased their way through the Kilkenny championship and won out easily against Ballyfin of Laois in the leinster semi final & Drumcullen of Offaly in the Leinster final. They were then 9- point victors over the Monaghan champions in the semi final.

There have been seven battles in this All Ireland Junior hurling competition to date: 3 victories to Cork, 3 to Kilkenny, whilst last years title went to Blackrock of Limerick, who had beaten Fermoy in the Munster final.
The first title went to Ballinhassig of Cork, followed by Fr. O Neills in 2006 & Dripsey in 2009.
The Kilkenny representatives, Galmoy won in 2005, Danesfort in 2007, followed Conahy Shamrocks in 2008.

As with every Cork & Kilkenny clash there will be intense rivalry, with neither side willing to give an inch. This is sure to lead to a titanic struggle, with surely only a score or two separating the sides at the finish.
And at the end of the fight, each side will leave the battlefield having given their all, with that respect which hurlers have for each other in tact.

Win, lose or draw, the Meelin Team & entourage will be expected back in Meelin village sometime after 10pm on Sunday night, no doubt tired, weary and sore.
Let us hope & pray that we will be walking up that high hill to Meelin village square with a new addition to the Meelin Hurling family. And oh the children will shout as they look to their heroes and neighbours who are invigorating & encouraging a new wave of talent in the Meelin club.
Let us dream the dream, and then live it.
MAOILEANN ABU!

Buses from Meelin to the All Ireland Final.
Bus services have been arranged with Clifford's Coaches of Meelin, from the village to Croke Park for Sunday February 13th 2011 to help support our team. There may still be some seats available & anybody interested in travelling should contact Nora asap on 029 68985 or 087 7454525. Adults €20, children, students and OAP €10.

Agenda & Entry to Croke Park for The All Ireland Final:
The Meelin V John Locke's game commences at 2pm, followed by Corks Ballymartle V Dicksboro at 3.45.
The entry fee is €20 for adults, €10 for students & OAP's and €5 for children.
We believe that admission is general, with no seating numbers. We also believe that admission will be to the Hogan Stand only- opposite Jury's Hotel.

Meelin Colours: Car Flags, Flags & Hats for Sale.
Car flags, flags, hats and bunting are for sale in most shops locally. Please do your best for our great Meelin Hurling team & management and decorate your homes and yourself for the All Ireland final.

'Up For The Match' All Ireland Final Special In Meelin Hall.
An "Up For The Match" All Ireland Final 'special' will be held in Meelin Hall on this Friday night, February 11th at 9pm sharp. There is a full programme of music, song and dance with all local talent involved, which will be a great build up to the All Ireland final. Admission is free & refreshments will be available.
Everybody is welcome.
This will be a great way to kick- start what will hopefully be a week of fond memories. There will be live 'interviews' with many local people as part of the show, surrounding Meelin & hurling in the Club.
Please do come along early.

Meelin GAA All Ireland Final Fundraising.
Meelin GAA are in the process of producing a Souvenir Book, recording the feats of this sensational season. To help cover the costs of its production and help defray the costs associated with the success of our team, sponsorship is being sought from members of the community as well as all businesses.
Advertising spaces will be available within this once off publication, which is sure to become a treasure of memories for the future.
The book will contain pictures of the glorious feats of this season along with supporters, team and management. It will also record the various games and events that have led us to Croke Park.
Anyone wishing to place an advert or simply contribute to the fund can contact any member of the club committee or Timmie Brosnan on 087 1301479.

brokencrossbar1

There'll be some amount of green and gold from cork as Ballymartle wear those colours too. Best of luck to my good friends the Dwyers and all Ballymartle, t'would be great for the area to bring the cup to Riverstick.

stew

I dont see anyone beating cross handily at all, they will fight, claw cheat and steal their way to a result, this will be a tight affair and they have far more than two danger men, I would not be surprised to see them eke out a win.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: stew on February 11, 2011, 05:18:30 PM

I dont see anyone beating cross handily at all, they will fight, claw cheat and steal their way to a result, this will be a tight affair and they have far more than two danger men, I would not be surprised to see them eke out a win.

Do you think we might even play football at some stage???  Different team, different styles. 

FermGael

All the best to Lisnaskea on Saturday night in Croke.
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Milltown Row2

Quote from: FermGael on February 11, 2011, 10:15:53 PM
All the best to Lisnaskea on Saturday night in Croke.

What's their chances Fermgael?  Bookies cant really separate them.