John Gormley and our incompetent Govt.

Started by An Gaeilgoir, January 07, 2010, 09:51:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

You want to verify the figures so ask the South Dublin Council...and as we all know the only way to get the real truth out of most public bodies is a FOI request.
I don't need any proof that the figures quoted by me are at least 99% accurate but  I cannot compromise my source by asking them to send me an extract from their Employers Accounts so I can prove them to you.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

dublinfella

Quote from: Rossfan on January 20, 2010, 06:37:00 PM
You want to verify the figures so ask the South Dublin Council...and as we all know the only way to get the real truth out of most public bodies is a FOI request.
I don't need any proof that the figures quoted by me are at least 99% accurate but  I cannot compromise my source by asking them to send me an extract from their Employers Accounts so I can prove them to you.

So in other words, this is Chinese Whispers being presented as fact?

On foot.ie today they are talking about the rent, which is being referred to as being in 6 figures. Sure what would they know, you have a 'source'...

ludermor

Do you not see the irony in mocking him about his chinese whispers and you relying on your chinese whispers?

Rossfan

Quote from: dublinfella on January 21, 2010, 10:01:09 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on January 20, 2010, 06:37:00 PM

So in other words, this is Chinese Whispers being presented as fact?

On foot.ie today they are talking about the rent, which is being referred to as being in 6 figures. Sure what would they know, you have a 'source'...

So "foot.ie" knows more about a Council's Accounts than someone who works there? ::)

dublinfella

Quote from: Rossfan on January 21, 2010, 07:02:47 PM

So "foot.ie" knows more about a Council's Accounts than someone who works there? ::)

I'd be fairly sure the Rovers members have an inkling what the rent is as well....

You also seem to have missed the commercial stuff, like office and shop space as well as the ad revenues that get shared with the council too....

Rossfan

€27,500 paid over in 2009 by Shamrock Rovers to the Council  ;)

ludermor

How much of that is for rent? They would have to pays council fees and rates im sure.

Rossfan

There's hardly rates on a Sports Stadium?? anyway dont the Council own it so they'd be paying Rates to themselves.
My info is that Sponghams only pay for the use of the pitch and take all the money from advertising etc also any club shop.
It's hardly a level playing field( ouch !!) for the other clubs who have to try and pay for everything ....well maybe not Fingal who seem to be owned by another Council  ::)