Armagh Minors shortlisted for Belfast Telegraph Sports Award

Started by T Fearon, January 06, 2010, 12:06:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: magickingdom on January 06, 2010, 08:08:39 PM
without a shadow of a doubt you should be at that dinner tony. . pester them until they give in

I whole heartedly agree.  I think you deserve it, in fact yours would be the first name that would spring to mind as the person who best represents the minor team

T Fearon

How many fcukwits are there on this Board? How can Glentoran and Ulster Rugby compete for "Young" Team of the Year award? ::)

But I'm glad the campaign for my rightful attendance at this function is gaining some support! ;D

Bainisteoir

Would you not just take satisfaction from them winning the award instead of moaning. Surely it would be better if 2 of the backroom staff and 2 players went (the people who earned the award). Would be funny though if there was a pic of paddy og sitting up like a king in the tele after the event.. You would be kicking yourself then!!

T Fearon

Tongue in cheek, thats my point. I have no doubt that I would be more deserving than one or two who will form this four representatives delegation.

Of course I hope they pick up the accolade, thats why I nominated them. You could also argue that someone from the County Board should have nominated the team, and not an ordinary punter like me.

Bainisteoir

[ author=T Fearon link=topic=15014.msg709745#msg709745 date=1262861382]
Tongue in cheek, thats my point. I have no doubt that I would be more deserving than one or two who will form this four representatives delegation.

Of course I hope they pick up the accolade, thats why I nominated them. You could also argue that someone from the County Board should have nominated the team, and not an ordinary punter like me.
[/quote]

You are no ordinary punter ;).. Hopefully 2 managment and 2 players go!!

full back

If they are there because of your nomination, I think you should be there, no correction, you have to be there.

In fact, I would go so far as to say if they do win the award you should present it to the captain.

The only problem I would have with you attending would be the amount of grub you would put away ;)

T Fearon

I promise to consume and only consume the allocated portion of food, and will not scavenge of other people's plates, nor ask for extras, or even request a doggy bag! ;D

muppet

Quote from: T Fearon on January 06, 2010, 07:47:40 PM
For people who cannot follow the simple logic of this thread please read.

THE BELFAST TELEGRAPH RANG ME THIS MORNING TO TELL ME THAT ON THE BASIS OF MY WRITTEN NOMINATION, THE ARMAGH MINOR FOOTBALL TEAM THAT WON THE ALL IRELAND MINOR FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP IN 2009 HAVE BEEN SHORTLISTED FOR THE YOUNG TEAM OF THE YEAR AWARD.

Comprendez?

You are absolutely correct Tony.

You should be allowed to nominate all four dinner attendees.

Can I recommend you bring, along with your good self, Borat, Paudí Ó'Sé and the Dali Lama?
MWWSI 2017

ziggysego

Being the Belfast Telegraph, could they be asking your opinion who should be invited being an Unionist people, with no interest in the GAA (as you often said), they needed your advice?
Testing Accessibility

full back

Quote from: ziggysego on January 07, 2010, 04:07:35 PM
Being the Belfast Telegraph, could they be asking your opinion who should be invited being an Unionist people, with no interest in the GAA (as you often said), they needed your advice?

??? ??? ???
Drink, drugs, medication.........................WTF are you on about ziggy?

Tony, why dont you contact the Tele & ask them if you can attend?
I cant understand why they wouldnt invite the person that nominated the team

ziggysego

Quote from: full back on January 07, 2010, 04:17:37 PM

??? ??? ???

Why dont you contact the Tele & ask them if you can attend?

Why would I want to go?
Testing Accessibility

full back

Quote from: ziggysego on January 07, 2010, 04:19:31 PM
Quote from: full back on January 07, 2010, 04:17:37 PM

??? ??? ???

Why dont you contact the Tele & ask them if you can attend?

Why would I want to go?

The Big Fella should contact them

ziggysego

Joe Kernan? Don't think he had any input with the Minors.
Testing Accessibility

T Fearon

The caller informed me of the shortlisting and more or less said I can bring a total of 4 representatives, and asked who the other three would be, "presumably the captain and manager" ::). It was then that I informed her that I had no connection with the team other than being a fan and referred her to the County Board.

In all seriousness the nomination shouldn't have been left to an ordinary fan, acting on his own initiative, but should have been made by the County Board imo. If there's any justice, the team should walk this award, which begs the question, if I hadn't nominated them would they have missed out entirely?

ziggysego

Quote from: T Fearon on January 07, 2010, 04:51:19 PM
begs the question, if I hadn't nominated them would they have missed out entirely?

Probably and it would have been a shame. That said, I don't think you should get an invite  :P
Testing Accessibility