Mr & Mrs Robinson

Started by Orior, January 06, 2010, 09:21:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bing Crosby .

Quote from: longrunsthefox on January 17, 2010, 12:25:08 AM
Quote from: Bensars on January 17, 2010, 12:19:06 AM
125 Guests, 45 Users (12 Hidden)         

A lot of curious people

Jeffrey, Peter, Willie... how are youse doing lads? Looks like youse are ok for tomorrow at laest... well apart from you Peter... you're f**ed because Iris was  :P.  I'd say youse are all sh*tting yerselves. Anyway, could youse ask that bollox McCausland to give some money to the GAA in Tyrone. Ta

lmao

Maguire01

Peter and Marty have shaken hands!
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/ireland/article6990991.ece

QuoteMartin McGuinness expressed sympathy. How do you get on with him?

Yes he did. He very kindly sent me text messages, then voice mail messages and spoke to me privately about the issues. I can't think of any assembly party that didn't have anybody writing to me or speaking to me during that period of time.

Have you ever shaken hands with him?

He expressed sympathy to me and on that occasion put out his hand. I thought it would be wrong for me, in those circumstances, to do anything other than that.

That is a first. That is another little barrier broken down.

Yes.

Was that in Stormont?

Yes.

Ulick

Sure Irish was boasting in the papers last year about recieving a wedding anniversary card from Adams. Kiss of death by the look of things...

longrunsthefox

Quote from: Ulick on January 17, 2010, 12:48:12 AM
Sure Irish was boasting in the papers last year about recieving a wedding anniversary card from Adams. Kiss of death by the look of things...

For Irish :o or Adams?

Ulick

Quote from: longrunsthefox on January 17, 2010, 12:54:03 AM
Quote from: Ulick on January 17, 2010, 12:48:12 AM

For Irish :o or Adams?

http://www.tribune.ie/article/2008/apr/20/the-world-according-to-iris/

"A card sent last year by Gerry Adams is on display. Iris had given Adams, Martin McGuinness and three female Sinn Fein Assembly members copies of her biography. Adams was the only one formally to acknowledge the gift.

'Comhghairdeas!' (congratulations) declares the card he delivered on the Robinsons' wedding anniversary . . . Adams learned the date from Iris's book which, he wrote, he found "interesting"."

Maguire01

Very indepth and interesting interview. The more I read, the more I'm leaning towards the view that Peter doesn't actually have a case to answer, based on what we all know to date anyway.

Bensars

That would be based on interviews that he has agreed to. You dont expect him to implicate himself do you.

Trevor Hill

Quote from: Maguire01 on January 17, 2010, 01:10:57 AM
The more I read, the more I'm leaning towards the view that Peter doesn't actually have a case to answer, based on what we all know to date anyway.

When he found out about the donation/loan from the two property developers he had a duty to make sure that Iris declared it. As an MP he would have known this.

Ulick

Very indepth and interesting interview. The more I read, the more I'm leaning towards the view that Peter doesn't actually have a case to answer, based on what we all know to date anyway.

Something stinks in that business re the sale of the constituency office.

Seany

That big paragraph which I have also had PMd to me also is not from me.  I had nothing to do with it. 

It goes into a lot of detail  I didn't know with names and everything.

Please be very careful with all this stuff that isbeing written.  Regardless of what we might think of people, we have to respect their right to have a private life.

I regret some of my earlier posts, put on in the heat of the programme aftermath.  This is why I deleted them.  There is someone else has all that detail and not me.  I do not want my name even associated any more with this story.

kinsella

Quote from: Seany on January 17, 2010, 02:06:45 AM
That big paragraph which I have also had PMd to me also is not from me.  I had nothing to do with it. 

It goes into a lot of detail  I didn't know with names and everything.

Please be very careful with all this stuff that isbeing written.  Regardless of what we might think of people, we have to respect their right to have a private life.

I regret some of my earlier posts, put on in the heat of the programme aftermath.  This is why I deleted them.  There is someone else has all that detail and not me.  I do not want my name even associated any more with this story.

Was that PM all just chinese whispers or is there some element of truth in it?

the green man

Quote from: kinsella on January 17, 2010, 02:14:03 AM

All balls probably

Bing Crosby .

Quote from: the green man on January 17, 2010, 02:55:12 AM
Quote from: kinsella on January 17, 2010, 02:14:03 AM

All balls probably

Down the Balls Pond road ?

Maguire01

Quote from: Bensars on January 17, 2010, 01:13:23 AM
That would be based on interviews that he has agreed to. You dont expect him to implicate himself do you.
What is that meant to mean? Are you supposed to base it on interviews he didn't agree to? In that Times interview he doesn't seem to dodge any of the critical questions put to him.

Quote from: Trevor Hill on January 17, 2010, 01:14:57 AM
The more I read, the more I'm leaning towards the view that Peter doesn't actually have a case to answer, based on what we all know to date anyway.

When he found out about the donation/loan from the two property developers he had a duty to make sure that Iris declared it. As an MP he would have known this.
So say the BBC. But I haven't seen the wording of his obligations, so i'm not sure if it's that black and white. If it was, i'd expect it to be an open and shut case. Can you quote it?

Maguire01

Just someone cashing in then. Nothing much to see here by the looks of things. Who's the man on the top right?