Mr & Mrs Robinson

Started by Orior, January 06, 2010, 09:21:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hurler on the Bitch

Please everyone have a bit of compassion! Nah! This woman may be pitied but she and her husband have screwed every penny off the state that they could; built an empire based on a false 'holier than thou' Born-Again lifestyle; made a career out of bigotry against Catholics; she, herself, has made statements against homosexuals claiming that the Bible justified her words - Iris, was/is stoning not a punishment for adultery?; looked down her ample nose at everyone as she had turned herself into the Lady Muck of East Belfast etc etc ... and now, lo and behold, she has been taking it up the shite-pipe from some bit of loose. Slap it into her!

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: Hurler on the Bitch on January 06, 2010, 08:55:35 PM
Please everyone have a bit of compassion! Nah! This woman may be pitied but she and her husband have screwed every penny off the state that they could; built an empire based on a false 'holier than thou' Born-Again lifestyle; made a career out of bigotry against Catholics; she, herself, has made statements against homosexuals claiming that the Bible justified her words - Iris, was/is stoning not a punishment for adultery?; looked down her ample nose at everyone as she had turned herself into the Lady Muck of East Belfast etc etc ... and now, lo and behold, she has been taking it up the shite-pipe from some bit of loose. Slap it into her!

What a lovely way with words you have.... :D
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

wallyman

whens the spotlight programme on?

The Watcher Pat

There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

Trevor Hill

Quote from: dodgy umpire on January 06, 2010, 08:54:18 PM
rumour has it there were two affairs, one with a father and another with a son. this spotlight programme is meant to be very interesting, with revelations to include robinson's son being gay and details of his involvement with paramilitaries

I heard that the son was gay ages ago, but assumed it was a piss take because of Iris` views on homosexuality.

dodgy umpire

word is he has been spotted in a few questionable night spots
The Boys in Red and Black are back

wallyman

Quote from: Trevor Hill on January 06, 2010, 08:59:04 PM
Quote from: dodgy umpire on January 06, 2010, 08:54:18 PM
rumour has it there were two affairs, one with a father and another with a son. this spotlight programme is meant to be very interesting, with revelations to include robinson's son being gay and details of his involvement with paramilitaries

I heard that the son was gay ages ago, but assumed it was a piss take because of Iris` views on homosexuality.

there was a picture of him tackling another lad in a sunday lad not too long ago!

Trevor Hill

Quote from: dodgy umpire on January 06, 2010, 09:00:50 PM

With Paul Berry?

Gaffer

Apart from what we heard today . there must have been something else that has only came to light to Robinson himself this week to leave him in the state he was in today .
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

Quote from: dodgy umpire on January 06, 2010, 09:00:50 PM

The Elk?
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

Trevor Hill

Minder

Quote from: The Watcher Pat on January 06, 2010, 08:59:04 PM
Quote from: wallyman on January 06, 2010, 08:58:33 PM
whens the spotlight programme on?
utv insight 10.30 tonight.

Font think that is the same programme though, Spotlight is a BBC production and have been "investigating" the Robinsons financial affairs.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ONeill

Iris says Yes, YES, YES!

I found it uncomfortable and feel sorry for the boul Peter. Politics and affairs of the heart are miles apart and a marriage difficulty is nothing to be laughed at.

Some craic if it was someone from the Falls.

Hardstation has been quiet lately.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: gallsman on January 06, 2010, 08:21:25 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on January 06, 2010, 08:11:52 PM
Quote from: ardmhachaabu on January 06, 2010, 08:03:29 PM
Quote from: Minder on January 06, 2010, 07:57:05 PM
Wouldnt be nice knowing the wife was getting the hammer from someone else so i have a degree of synpathy for the Punt. Gerry Adams will be glad the heat is off him.
I must admit I felt for the man watching him on TV, he was obviously deeply hurt by her actions.  Still, it's very brave of him to want to save his marriage.

I wonder how many of you out there would do the same if your wife cheated on you.  I know a few couples where one cheated on the other and it took an awful lot for the other person in the marriage to try to save it.

Those of you laughing at their discomfort and going on about her religious opinions and his past have lost the run of yourselves.

You don't think that people who court the religious right with their spiteful right wing beliefs should not be pulled up when they breach one of their own most fundamental rules just because you know someone else it happened to. This is no different than when those US TV evangelists were caught with their trousers down or Nude Hardliners running naked in the wood with women. Its Hypocrisy and should be exposed for that. What do you think Iris would have said if it had been someone else caught at this??

The post you answered mentioned sympathy for Peter, not Iris. I haven't seen a single post in this thread defending her hypocrisy? Like I said earlier, when does peter ever "preach" his beliefs?

Hearts and Minds interview Oct 2008 Peter backed up his wifes views on gays and quoted scripture. I don't follow him on the canvas trail but I presume he comes up with the same crap there to appease the not so liberal people he represents. Also hard to pity someone who "invaded" a town in the south with a mob who assaulted 2 gardai and then caused a near riot outside his trial in Dundalk when singing rebel songs and waving a union jack. I reserve my pity for a more decent sort.

red hander

Quote from: gallsman on January 06, 2010, 08:29:44 PM
Quote from: red hander on January 06, 2010, 08:19:23 PM
Not really, no... nowhere did I say this was some sort of revenge or victory for the nationalist community, these are your words ... I'm coming from the angle that I feel no sympathy for either of them because of their actions in the past... and no stage-managed farce on the evening news on UTV is going to change that

Stage managed farce me bollocks. The man was doing everything he could not to burst into tears.

I pointed out that Peter's actions in the past have absolutely no bearing in his private life whatsoever. I asked you directly if that's what you were implying and you didn't give an answer, but again proceeded to talk about hypocrisy, suggesting that this should be viewed in light of the pair's past actions.

For example, Peter's political career and the harm it has done to the nationalist community and the anti-gay tirade that Iris released which, in light of today's events, has proved highly hypocritical. I'm trying to point out that whilst you might reconcile today's revelations with Iris' past, it has nothing whatsoever to do with Peter's.

I feel sympathy with him on a personal level as I would not wish that on any man and refuse to see a personal tragedy as some form of justice for the wrongs I feel he has committed in his life.

Ranting about preaching and hypocrisy with respect to Iris however is perfectly understandable however, and reveals her to be an ever bigger bollocks than any of us previously thought. First she was just a bigot, now she's a hypocritical bigot.

I don't buy Robinson's 'performance' in the slightest (maybe this cynicism is based on his domestic boxing and king fu career), but if you believe it then fair enough ... if, for example, Peter's actions as a politician, especially on Castlereagh council, helped 'enrich' his private life, then I think it's fair game