Mr & Mrs Robinson

Started by Orior, January 06, 2010, 09:21:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on January 06, 2010, 07:24:55 PM
Peter shafted once again by the Traditional Unionist Vice?

LOL. Best post on this thread
Careful now

magickingdom

she some piece of work, the depression card was class, what a pure bitch. normally i'd say no ones business but when you lecture people on how they should live, then fcuk you. . isn't there something in the bible about 40 lashes, wouldn't i love too. as for peter tough one but i couldnt  ever muster an ounce of sympathy for him. . (well maybe if he gave her the 40 lashes ;D)

red hander

Quote from: gallsman on January 06, 2010, 07:59:55 PM
Quote from: red hander on January 06, 2010, 07:37:15 PM
Quote from: gallsman on January 06, 2010, 06:49:21 PM
Quote from: longrunsthefox on January 06, 2010, 06:31:02 PM
Quote from: gallsman on January 06, 2010, 06:24:24 PM
Quote from: longrunsthefox on January 06, 2010, 06:22:07 PM
Quote from: gallsman on January 06, 2010, 06:20:20 PM
*cue rush of small minded t**ts who'll revel in his torment to make crude and in no way witty jokes*

f** him

Why? Because he's on the other side of the fence it's great craic that his life has been destroyed?

I also said 'they have shown zero tolerance to others who have fallen short of their fundamental morals.' Eg: Iris's gay outbursts.  I suppose you were gutted about fundamentalist hypocrite Paul Berry's demise as well.  ...longrunsthefox

Where did I in any way imply that I was gutted for Peter? I don't know the man in any capacity whatsoever, therefore what happens in his private life is of no concern to me.

Red Hander

What on earth has any of that got to do with the news that his wife had an affair? Do you think this is some sort of revenge for the nationalist community for the various offences Peter has committed against it over the years? If so, that's pretty contemptible.

I took your comments to imply we should feel some sort of sympathy for him and her... I refuse to have any sympathy for him, a bigot with blood on his hands, her a hypocrite with her public pronouncements about how others should live while ignoring the 'sanctity of marriage' so key to the fundamentalist religious viewpoint she holds, and them, a pair of political hogs at the trough, pulling in half a million a year between them from their double-jobbing and obscene expenses claims ... and I say this without resorting to crude and no way witty jokes ... how is that in any way contemptible?

I asked why "f**k him..." and you mentioned his actions towards the nationalist community. I pointed out that that has nothing to do whatsoever with his wife cheating on him and said that if you saw this personal tragedy as some sort of revenge or victory for the nationalist community, then I'd find it contemptible. Clear enough?

Not really, no... nowhere did I say this was some sort of revenge or victory for the nationalist community, these are your words ... I'm coming from the angle that I feel no sympathy for either of them because of their actions in the past... and no stage-managed farce on the evening news on UTV is going to change that 

gallsman

Quote from: mylestheslasher on January 06, 2010, 08:11:52 PM
Quote from: ardmhachaabu on January 06, 2010, 08:03:29 PM
Quote from: Minder on January 06, 2010, 07:57:05 PM
Wouldnt be nice knowing the wife was getting the hammer from someone else so i have a degree of synpathy for the Punt. Gerry Adams will be glad the heat is off him.
I must admit I felt for the man watching him on TV, he was obviously deeply hurt by her actions.  Still, it's very brave of him to want to save his marriage.

I wonder how many of you out there would do the same if your wife cheated on you.  I know a few couples where one cheated on the other and it took an awful lot for the other person in the marriage to try to save it.

Those of you laughing at their discomfort and going on about her religious opinions and his past have lost the run of yourselves.

You don't think that people who court the religious right with their spiteful right wing beliefs should not be pulled up when they breach one of their own most fundamental rules just because you know someone else it happened to. This is no different than when those US TV evangelists were caught with their trousers down or Nude Hardliners running naked in the wood with women. Its Hypocrisy and should be exposed for that. What do you think Iris would have said if it had been someone else caught at this??

The post you answered mentioned sympathy for Peter, not Iris. I haven't seen a single post in this thread defending her hypocrisy? Like I said earlier, when does peter ever "preach" his beliefs?

whiskeysteve

jeez an affair! not what i heard! but the financial scandal should be the real death blow (apparently and allegedly of course)
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

gallsman

Quote from: red hander on January 06, 2010, 08:19:23 PM
Not really, no... nowhere did I say this was some sort of revenge or victory for the nationalist community, these are your words ... I'm coming from the angle that I feel no sympathy for either of them because of their actions in the past... and no stage-managed farce on the evening news on UTV is going to change that

Stage managed farce me bollocks. The man was doing everything he could not to burst into tears.

I pointed out that Peter's actions in the past have absolutely no bearing in his private life whatsoever. I asked you directly if that's what you were implying and you didn't give an answer, but again proceeded to talk about hypocrisy, suggesting that this should be viewed in light of the pair's past actions.

For example, Peter's political career and the harm it has done to the nationalist community and the anti-gay tirade that Iris released which, in light of today's events, has proved highly hypocritical. I'm trying to point out that whilst you might reconcile today's revelations with Iris' past, it has nothing whatsoever to do with Peter's.

I feel sympathy with him on a personal level as I would not wish that on any man and refuse to see a personal tragedy as some form of justice for the wrongs I feel he has committed in his life.

Ranting about preaching and hypocrisy with respect to Iris however is perfectly understandable however, and reveals her to be an ever bigger bollocks than any of us previously thought. First she was just a bigot, now she's a hypocritical bigot.

Banna Man

That is a two sins Iris and she had the cheek to speak out about gays.

Big Ian will not be too pleased now.

5 Sams

I always had an inkling she was a dirty bitch.....

I'm sure Peter "forgave" her a few times since last March.....

Right so far we have Paul Berry, Ian og , Sammy and Iris shitting in the well feathered DUP nest...who's next I wonder???

:D :D :D
The Aristocrat Years

magickingdom

Wouldnt be nice knowing the wife was getting the hammer from someone else so i have a degree of synpathy for the Punt. Gerry Adams will be glad the heat is off him.
I must admit I felt for the man watching him on TV, he was obviously deeply hurt by her actions.  Still, it's very brave of him to want to save his marriage.

I wonder how many of you out there would do the same if your wife cheated on you.  I know a few couples where one cheated on the other and it took an awful lot for the other person in the marriage to try to save it.

Those of you laughing at their discomfort and going on about her religious opinions and his past have lost the run of yourselves.

and i thought you were a big fan of irony?  ;)

whiskeysteve

Quote from: 5 Sams on January 06, 2010, 08:30:09 PM

Right so far we have Paul Berry, Ian og , Sammy and Iris shitting in the well feathered DUP nest...who's next I wonder???

The Punt himself of course  ;D watch this space...
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: 5 Sams on January 06, 2010, 08:30:09 PM

I understand that when word got through that the media were on to some scandal within the DUP a few of them were crapping themselves. and will be for some time to come.
Careful now

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: stew on January 06, 2010, 08:09:55 PM

I can understand why they laugh, two sanctimonious arseholes become the laughing stock of the wee six and they damage the most ugly political party in Europe in one go, I understand why they are laughing but I dont share the sentiment, I dont take any satisfaction from it at all, I just dont care and I say hell slap it up their political party.
I have no love for them either stew, the attitude some posters have pisses me off though, gloating and that.
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

stew

If it turns out that Iris has had a string of affairs and the Sunday World claims that she has a venerial disease, would it be ok to call her " Iris the virus"?
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

dodgy umpire

rumour has it there were two affairs, one with a father and another with a son. this spotlight programme is meant to be very interesting, with revelations to include robinson's son being gay and details of his involvement with paramilitaries
The Boys in Red and Black are back

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: mylestheslasher on January 06, 2010, 08:11:52 PM

You don't think that people who court the religious right with their spiteful right wing beliefs should not be pulled up when they breach one of their own most fundamental rules just because you know someone else it happened to. This is no different than when those US TV evangelists were caught with their trousers down or Nude Hardliners running naked in the wood with women. Its Hypocrisy and should be exposed for that. What do you think Iris would have said if it had been someone else caught at this??
myles, to be honest entirely with you,  I really felt for the man.  Whatever problems Iris has brought upon them is for them to work out since Peter has said he wants to save his marriage.  I think they had no option but to go public with what is going on. 

In all of this I am sure the journalists who hounded them over the last few months are now happy that they have opened themselves up to widespread humiliation and snide comments

Their political and religious affiliations have nothing to do with this in my opinion. This is a human thing, it can happen to anyone
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something