Donegal v Mayo

Started by Redgreenery, February 04, 2007, 10:03:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Nice to hear Eddie did well when he came on, JHE. He played in the half-forwards for the first few years of his career and had a great game using his passing skills from centre-forward when we beat Tyrone in 2004. From the sounds of Devenney and McMenamin, and the return of McFadden, along with the likes of Bradley, Thompson and Doherty getting a bit more experience, we may have some good options in the full forwards this year (and we'll need options against Armagh's full-back line!). Will Conal Dunne make it back for championship time? Interesting point about the breaks: from the radio commentary, it sounded like that was where we ran into trouble against the Armagh seconds a few weeks back. Roper used to be a wee terrier gathering the breaks, but I suppose you can't expect him to do it all on his own at this stage. Maybe there'll be a reprieve for Michael Hegarty yet!

Farrandeelin

Lads, I listened to the game on the radio yesterday. How did Marty McNicholas play when he came on, he was barely mentioned and he went on to replace Andy Moran redgreenery? Brady was supposed to be immense and it's a pity the forwards had to work so hard to get every score, maybe that was down to the Donegal backs I don't know. Fair play to Donegal however, they could be darkhorses for the AI this year if they keep up the work.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Marooned

McNicholas was quiet enough when he came in, made no major influence. Brady was excellent at Midfield and was well able for tougher stuff that Donegal were throwing out. Well impressed with Donegal who are obviously goin all out this year. Very tight indefence and worked very hard to regain any lost possession throughout entire game. Thought Austin O'Malley tried very hard but things just didn't seem to be breaking for him. Heard O'Mahoney say afterwards that the forward line hadn't really gelled yet and this sums up performance yesterday. Donegal def a force to be reckoned with.

rosnarun

Donegal a force to be reckoned with untill they get their hands on the forewater and then things go a bit pear shaped. too many loose canons
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Redgreenery

Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 12, 2007, 03:01:59 PM
How did Marty McNicholas play when he came on, he was barely mentioned and he went on to replace Andy Moran redgreenery?

He came on and created one or two chances and made one or two good runs, but was not of any major influence.
McNicholas actually replaced K O Neill.

Redgreenery

Well after the unfortunate loss Mayo are no longer on top of the table.

Team    Played Won Drawn Lost   For   Against   Diff  Pts.
Tyrone       2      2       0      0       25      18         7     4
Donegal     2      2       0      0       31      26         5     4
Mayo         2       1      0      1       27      27         0     2
Dublin        2      1       0      1       24      24         0     2
Kerry          2      1       0      1       22      22        0      2
Limerick     1       0       0     1       13       14       -1      0
Cork           2      0       0      2       21      26       -5      0
Fermanagh 1      0       0      1       8        14       -6      0

armaghniac

This is a tough group, Donegal and Mayo still have every chance of being in the top 4, most likely with Tyrone and Kerry. The larger urban centres are due for the drop methinks.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Farrandeelin

I'd take a 4th place. Even if it meant missing out on the playoffs so be it.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Redgreenery

I'd say Mayo could finish in 2nd easily, though I think it'd be very unlikely for them to come in 1st. I can see them coming in second or third, with Tyrone and Donegal in there, and possibly Kerry.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: rosnarun on February 12, 2007, 04:29:55 PM
Donegal a force to be reckoned with untill they get their hands on the forewater and then things go a bit pear shaped. too many loose canons

Those days are gone my friend,
we thought they'd never end....

Seriously I was saying this last year, McIver's brought discipline to the Donegal set-up, this and some young talent and the return of some experienced players makes for Sam for the Hills 07!
You heard it here first.  8)
Tbc....

J70

Settle down lads! Two weeks ago we were being dismissed as no-hopers after struggling to beat Armagh's Junior B team in the McKenna Cup!

AMayoSheep

How did young ronaldison  do when he came on?

Redgreenery

Quote from: AMayoSheep on February 13, 2007, 12:31:47 AM
How did young ronaldison  do when he came on?

Who exactly is 'ronaldison'?

mannix

ronaldson is one of 2 brothers that play for shrule glencorrib. their father is the manager and the lad that played yesterday i a short lad with a lot of football in him.
mayo will do well to survive the drop because tyrone a nd dublin are well aware of the jom factor, and limerick and fermanagh are both able combatants on the day.JOM is good alright but its all out of his hands when the leather is kicked at the posts.

misterroscommonman

mayo lose once agin!!! wat a surprise ::) mayo will neva win anythinig hahahahaha!!!