oh no, what have I done!!!

Started by RealSpiritof98, January 03, 2010, 12:54:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bensars

Quote from: Trevor Hill on January 03, 2010, 02:00:35 PM
Gyms are full of what I call "tourists" at this time of year. Thankfully they`ll all be gone by March. They just take up space that the rest of us could be using.

And those that use a gym all year around ( you know the type who like to at stare other men, wear lycra and constantly seek to catch their reflection in a nearby mirror or window ! ) should be avoided like the plague. Next thing is they will be having you eating bananas in the same quanity of a silverback , buying supplements and putting all dietry requirements through a blender.

At least if you go now you may meet some "tourists" who may have similar outlook to yourself whereby they also want to lose a bit of weight  without becoming analally retentive  and developing an obsessive compulsory disorder

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: Bensars on January 03, 2010, 07:51:26 PM
Gyms are full of what I call "tourists" at this time of year. Thankfully they`ll all be gone by March. They just take up space that the rest of us could be using.

And those that use a gym all year around ( you know the type who like to at stare other men, wear lycra and constantly seek to catch their reflection in a nearby mirror or window ! ) should be avoided like the plague. Next thing is they will be having you eating bananas in the same quanity of a silverback , buying supplements and putting all dietry requirements through a blender.

At least if you go now you may meet some "tourists" who may have similar outlook to yourself whereby they also want to lose a bit of weight  without becoming analally retentive  and developing an obsessive compulsory disorder
Get off the fence Bensars and tell us how you really feel about regular gym go'ers  ;D

Abble

all the best with it realspirit...

i'm in kind of the same boat a bit. my natural weight should be under 11.5 st but i'm hitting near 13 so i'm on a major fitness/diet drive for the next while. i've been eating nothing but shite this past 2 months, chippies, sweets, chocolate, buns, beer, the works....it all changes from here! i'll try my best to cut out sweets and fast food for a start and take up a bit of jogging, see how that goes.

good luck with your targets though and if you ever make it i'll throw you a few bob for whatever charity you decide on

heganboy

its important to watch what food you eat, not just the calories, but try and avoid all the bull shit that is sold in supermarkets but is 90% ingredients that you don't actually recognise as food. This is a fantastic read and I'd recommend it highly :
http://www.michaelpollan.com/indefense.php
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

RealSpiritof98

1st date at the gym today lads, gave educogym a miss on the advice of fellow posters, also quite expensive, also joined male only weight watchers in the town, quite a humbling experience.

Jan 5th - 21st 4lbs

The journey begins in ernest, good luck to one and all.

Muhammed McCarthy

Good luck.

I need to lose a few stone myself, and getting started is the most difficult part.

Trevor Hill

Best of luck RealSpirit, as stated above getting started is the most difficult part. Remember Rome wasnt built in a day. Dont starve yourself, eat sensibly, allow yourself the odd treat and if you fall off the wagon just get back on. We ve all been there and we re all fond of sweets and cakes.
A mate of mine was 21.5 stone last summer. He is now 17stone and looks 10 years younger. His target is 15.

If you are going to be doing plenty of walking and then running get the right shoes, you may pay a bit more initially but you get what you pay for.

theskull1

Are mentally up for the journey RealSpirit? It'll be a big shock to your previous lifestyle habits and your mind will be willing you back to it's old way of life. Be prepared for you mind to fcuk with you. You'll need to be ready to fight it

You need to make your new regime the centre of how you live your life cause if you don't you'll subconciously find excuse after excuse to regress back and still be able to tell yourself and others that "you tried but it was no use". If you can make it your new routine it will become straight forward but you'll need a really strong conciously aware resolve to fight the demons. Also don't expect overnight miracles/success. Maintain a calm belief that bit by bit you're chalking your way to where you want to be by following the proper regime. I'd be looking at a 3 year timeframe to get down to a reallly healthy size through a good diet (eating good food (not processed diet food/drinks) and a good well planned challenging exercise regime. Don't expect everybody else to do this for you. You have to be the one in control

Good luck
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

screenmachine

Drink plenty of water too, it keeps the hunger at bay and keeps you hydrated for your extra training-there's no point just drinking when your thirsty, its too late at that stage! Avoid breads and cereals, fire an egg into ye in the mornin and you'll be flyin!
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

Billys Boots

Quote from: Hardy on January 03, 2010, 02:19:56 PM
IF you are serious about getting fit I would avoid the likes of educogym. It is a con. They are out for your money. They will try to sell you vitamin supplements and other crap associated with Tony Quinn. Quinn is a con man. End of. You`ll be attending seminars in Barbados and selling your Granny to do so before you know it.

To follow up on this - anyone tempted to buy, subscribe to or invest in any of the many services, products, treatments, etc. promoted by Tony Quinn would do well to Google "Tony Quinn cult" and draw their own conclusions.

If anyone wants more convincing about why you should avoid this person, I can relate an incident personally witnessed that should do the trick.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

haranguerer

Do we have to buy your book to read about all about it?

Hardy

Quote from: Billys Boots on January 05, 2010, 01:22:42 PM
Quote from: Hardy on January 03, 2010, 02:19:56 PM
IF you are serious about getting fit I would avoid the likes of educogym. It is a con. They are out for your money. They will try to sell you vitamin supplements and other crap associated with Tony Quinn. Quinn is a con man. End of. You`ll be attending seminars in Barbados and selling your Granny to do so before you know it.

To follow up on this - anyone tempted to buy, subscribe to or invest in any of the many services, products, treatments, etc. promoted by Tony Quinn would do well to Google "Tony Quinn cult" and draw their own conclusions.

If anyone wants more convincing about why you should avoid this person, I can relate an incident personally witnessed that should do the trick.
Go ahead, Billy.

Billys Boots

In the interests of staying out of court, PM me if you're interested.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...