RTE Aertel Latest Scores Service

Started by mylestheslasher, February 04, 2007, 07:05:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mylestheslasher

Was looking at Aertel today for latest scores on the GAA games and it seems to me to be the most diabolical service out there. Now maybe I am wrong but is the GAA not the most watched sport in Ireland?? So how come Aertel can provide updates on time from Div 3 soccer matches in England while 1 hour after todays games still no score in the Sligo v Tipp, Mayo v Kerry, Laois v Westmeath and Louth v Down. In fact, according to Aertel no game had a score for the first half at all. For Christ sake, all they had to do was flick over to TG4 for the score in the Mayo match. I think I will withold my license fee until this is rectified.

Lecale2

GalwayBayBoy

Aertel has long been a running joke.

Usually they are chronically slow in putting up the scores and even when they do get them up they're often the wrong way around or just completely wrong.

Cloc Mor

Should we not complain to RTE or make an issue about this?  They shouldn't be allowed to get away with it.

J70

Quote from: mylestheslasher on February 04, 2007, 07:05:31 PM
Was looking at Aertel today for latest scores on the GAA games and it seems to me to be the most diabolical service out there. Now maybe I am wrong but is the GAA not the most watched sport in Ireland?? So how come Aertel can provide updates on time from Div 3 soccer matches in England while 1 hour after todays games still no score in the Sligo v Tipp, Mayo v Kerry, Laois v Westmeath and Louth v Down. In fact, according to Aertel no game had a score for the first half at all. For Christ sake, all they had to do was flick over to TG4 for the score in the Mayo match. I think I will withold my license fee until this is rectified.

Dublin played yesterday. Anything after that is low priority.

Cloc Mor

QuoteDublin played yesterday. Anything after that is low priority.

Thats right All Ire, sorry All Dublin campions Dublin were playing last night.  Stop the lights - losers coming through.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Cloc Mor on February 04, 2007, 07:15:53 PM
Should we not complain to RTE or make an issue about this?  They shouldn't be allowed to get away with it.

I found this over the last few years, who can we complain to and will it make any differance!
It would be very easy for RTE (as the State broadcaster) to contact by phone the revelent grounds/radio stations, TV companies (TG4, Setanta) or clubs, at stages during matches and get updates!!!

So are we going to start a campaign or just put up with it?!?!?  >:( ???
Tbc....

mylestheslasher

Standard complaints to RTE send to complaints@rte.ie. It says on their website to complain directly to the show/program 1st. I'll have to find out whether there is a "aertel" department. If I find out more I'll post back here with the details.

Canalman

J70 and Cloc Mór, what does Dublin playing on Sat night have to do with the aertel service, or non service to be more precise?

Just lazy barstool dubbashing again.

Fionntamhnach

Was dialling up Aertel last night, the Dublin/Tyrone and Cork/Donegal matches were reasonably kept up to date but the Meath/Cavan match wasn't.

I imagine its probably the case that for English soccer the up-to-date scores are fed through an AP line like you see with Sky Sports Soccer Saturday, and the fact that a lot of accumulator bets are placed on matches down to League Two. Less so with GAA games, which I don't think are fed with a similar line, and therefore have to work on updates from someone at the venue - certainly there were those in Croke Park, quite likely in Cork too but not in Navan.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Canalman on February 04, 2007, 08:46:52 PM
J70 and Cloc Mór, what does Dublin playing on Sat night have to do with the aertel service, or non service to be more precise?

Lets keep county differences out of this, and keep the thread on track.
Are WE as GAA fans going to try and change RTE's lazy attitude about this issue!!!!!!
Tbc....

J70

RTE, in general, are far, far quicker to update matches and scores involving Dublin teams, whether in GAA or soccer, than provincial teams. If Dublin had been playing today, their scores would have been up a lot sooner than the scores for the games that were actually played today. Monitor the situation over the coming months for yourself, if you don't believe it.

ziggysego

It wouldn't be too hard for Aertel to organise the scores coming in quicker. Nominate an official or groundsman at each of the scores to keep them up-to-date. That's what tyronegaa.ie are doing on their new website. I tried out the beta version before the site was launched and it worked a treat.
Testing Accessibility

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: J70 on February 04, 2007, 10:07:24 PM

RTE, in general, are far, far quicker to update matches and scores involving Dublin teams, whether in GAA or soccer, than provincial teams. If Dublin had been playing today, their scores would have been up a lot sooner than the scores for the games that were actually played today. Monitor the situation over the coming months for yourself, if you don't believe it.

Lets keep county differences out of this, and keep the thread on track.
Are WE as GAA fans going to try and change RTE's lazy attitude about this issue!!!!!!
Tbc....

INDIANA

Give it a rest about Dublin - some of you were obviiously born with a Jarlath Burns pathological dislike of everything Dublin- you have to bring into everything - utterly pointless comment and really shows how many plonkers are members of this site.