Photos that shook the world

Started by ross4life, December 30, 2009, 12:21:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shazam

Quote from: mylestheslasher on December 30, 2009, 09:48:10 AM
Yeh. Dianas death was so important alright, most especially to the red tops who told everyone how important it was so they could sell papers. Unfortunately idiots in the uk and even here bought into the mass hysteria for some bizarre reason. Can someone tell me how her death shook the world exactly?

Was it a Sunday morning? For some reason I remember it but think it was because I was up looking to watch the funnies and the news was on EVERY SINGLE channel. Did my head in.
Shazam Bang

Denn Forever

If you look at the pacture of Tianamaan square there appears to be a bus in the background.  Was it business as usual for public transport?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

sammymaguire

DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

longrunsthefox

Incredible photos... well done as I still haven't figured out how to paste a pic. Not sure if Tierry's handball shook the world... rattled a few cages more like.

J70

Quote from: mylestheslasher on December 30, 2009, 09:48:10 AM
Yeh. Dianas death was so important alright, most especially to the red tops who told everyone how important it was so they could sell papers. Unfortunately idiots in the uk and even here bought into the mass hysteria for some bizarre reason. Can someone tell me how her death shook the world exactly?

Sure it's been like that with Michael Jackson too. Its receded a wee bit, but for several months every second street corner in NYC had street vendors selling t-shirts and DVDs and playing Michael Jackson videos with crowds standing around watching.

Denn Forever

means what he says...

Denn Forever

means what he says...

red hander

Quote from: ross4life on December 30, 2009, 01:32:24 AM
the response to Diana's death was huge haven't seen anything like it since, as a result has to be included don't you think?

I think the reason we haven't seen anything like it since is that the people who lost the run of themselves were, in hindsight, so mortified by their unbelievably embarrassing behaviour that they keep their heads down ... and we should all be thankful for that

ross4life

rescuers rush to the gym at beslan after explosives were detonated

Adolf Hitler, at a window of the Reich's Chancellory, receives an ovation from supporters in his first day in office as Chancellor. (January 30, 1933)

1934 Nuremberg rally

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

pintsofguinness

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?