Photos that shook the world

Started by ross4life, December 30, 2009, 12:21:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ross4life

here's hoping others contribute with pictures!

so let's get this ball rolling...........

end of world war 2 berlin

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

ross4life

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

ross4life

steve irwin last picture

Statue of Liberty being constructed in Paris

hillsborough

omagh bombing

Boxing Day Tsunami

People on the beach as the Tsunami comes towards them

jfk

Shazam

Shazam Bang

Shazam

Shazam Bang

Shazam

Shazam Bang

Shazam

Tiffany RIP

Also when someone impregnaed Heather

Shazam Bang

Celt_Man

Quote from: ross4life on December 30, 2009, 12:26:52 AM

dianas death

Did Diana's death really shake the world??  (Definitely not mine)   And if it did, should it really have done??
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

ross4life

the response to Diana's death was huge haven't seen anything like it since, as a result has to be included don't you think?

Celt_Man

Quote from: ross4life on December 30, 2009, 01:32:24 AM
the response to Diana's death was huge haven't seen anything like it since, as a result has to be included don't you think?

Well it definitelt affected my life, I was a young fella at the time and Sunday Morning Cartoons and tv shows were a big part of my life but that morning they were cancelled beside of her death...  :-[  Goes without saying, I was not one bit impressed
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

ross4life

The picture and its story have been circulated on the internet so often that some question whether they are authentic. They are.

Clancy describes the famous picture this way: "Samuel thrusts his tiny hand out of the ******** opening of his mother's uterus. As the doctor lifts his hand, Samuel reacts to the touch and squeezes the doctor's finger. As if testing for strength, the doctor shakes the tiny fist. Samuel held firm. At that moment, I took this 'Fetal Hand Grasp' photo."

In a story he wrote about the incident, Clancy added,

"As a doctor asked me what speed of film I was using, out of the corner of my eye I saw the uterus shake, but no one's hands were near it. It was shaking from within. Suddenly, an entire arm thrust out of the opening, then pulled back until just a little hand was showing. The doctor reached over and lifted the hand, which reacted and squeezed the doctor's finger. As if testing for strength, the doctor shook the tiny fist. Samuel held firm. I took the picture! Wow! It happened so fast that the nurse standing next to me asked, 'What happened?' 'The child reached out,' I said. 'Oh. They do that all the time,' she responded."

Clancy said the experience changed him from pro-choice to pro-life

ross4life

Tank landing ships unloading supplies on Omaha Beach, building up for the breakout from Normandy

US soldiers advance through the hazy ruins of Waldenburg Germany, April 1945

gawa316

Quote from: Celt_Man on December 30, 2009, 01:17:37 AM

Did Diana's death really shake the world??  (Definitely not mine)   And if it did, should it really have done??

Well it affected mine as the Liverpool Newcastle game was called off and it annoyed the feck outta me

J70

WTF is that "Bigfoot" picture doing in there?!! :D

mylestheslasher

Yeh. Dianas death was so important alright, most especially to the red tops who told everyone how important it was so they could sell papers. Unfortunately idiots in the uk and even here bought into the mass hysteria for some bizarre reason. Can someone tell me how her death shook the world exactly?