5 (FIVE) sent off in Crues-Cliftonville game

Started by Lady GAA GAA, December 27, 2009, 05:33:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady GAA GAA

Highlights-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/northern_ireland/irish_football/8431009.stm

Crues manager Baxter said after the game that there was nothing to warrant a red card in the whole game!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/8431316.stm

BOXING DAY LOL

orangeman

Poor refereeing according to the Crues boss !!   :D

Hoof Hearted

well surely tomorrow evenings newsline will be headlined by " Day of shame as 5 are sent off" - Oh no sorry, this isnt a gaelic match, so it will hardly be mentioned. My mistake
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

David McKeown

Quote from: orangeman on December 27, 2009, 05:35:45 PM

From the highlights the only piece of poor refereeing was when he didnt allow the cliftonville player to get back up before sending him off.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Lady GAA GAA

Quote from: David McKeown on December 27, 2009, 05:44:41 PM
Quote from: orangeman on December 27, 2009, 05:35:45 PM

From the highlights the only piece of poor refereeing was when he didnt allow the cliftonville player to get back up before sending him off.

That wild hip-high lunge that connected near the end never warranted a red imo.

::)

haranguerer

At the risk of sounding like Fearon, I think there'd be a hell of a lot more made about this if it had been cliftonville behaved like crusaders did.

Baxter is full of shit as well - listening to it here, and hes disputing the first penalty and sendings off, he must have been watching a different game.
The first penalty was a gaelic style block, and all the sendings off were justified. The only one I thought a little harsh was the cliftonvlle one, and even then, only a little harsh.

orangeman

tyroneboi

That last one was common assault!! And all Jackie could say was it was a Christmas Cracker!!

Minder

Why are youse getting worked up about what is basically Saturday morning football.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Tony Baloney

C'mon Minder there are better players than that every Saturday in Mallusk.

The 5 red cards evened up the numbers between players on the pitch and spectators in the stands.

T Fearon

Crusaders (who draw core support from unionist paramilitary heartlands such as Mount Vernon and Rathcoole) meet N Belfast rivals Cliftonville (perceived as fenian club) cue re enactment of Battle of Boyne.Just another day in Irish League Football

Celt_Man

That last tackle is borderline GBH!!!  Shocking stuff
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

sammymaguire

Macau looks nice and that pitch is in great nick for December
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

FermPundit

Quote from: sammymaguire on December 28, 2009, 12:23:01 AM
Macau looks nice and that pitch is in great nick for December

It's a 4G synthetic pitch
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

screenmachine

Any skirmish in a GAA game usually runs for about 3 days, headlines everywhere, Sinn Fein/IRA started it, Peter Robinson getting interviewed about his thoughts on the GAA...UTV and BBC can go and f**k themselves, Christmas Cracker my ass Jackie...
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.