GAA Summer Camps 2010

Started by Superstar, December 23, 2009, 05:50:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Superstar

Folks,

I know it might be a bit early, but our club have already began the preparations for hosting our own summer camp in 2010. The last number of years we have run the GAA Cul Camp, but the simple fact of the matter is, alot of parents simply cant afford to send their kids to it, especially if they have 2,3 or even 4 kids in the house.

What we plan to do is run our summer camp for a week in June/July, and make it completely free to all kids. At the end of the day the majority of coaches at the camps are young people already involved with their own clubs, so coaches should be no problem. The one big thing the official camps have to offer the kids is at the end of the week they all get a kit bag complete with jersey, shorts and socks, and although the week will cost them nothing, im sure they will still be expecting their goody bags.

I have been speaking with a few local businesses about the possibility of sponsoring a goody bag for each child, was thinking of including a go games ball (relativelhy cheap at £5 each) and a training jersey. just an average training top, that can be printed with the club crest and the sponsors logo across the front.

Obviously low cost is essential, and the goody bags are going to be funded 100% from outside the club. Has anyone gotten similar jerseys in the past, or have any suggestions of compaines that produce them.
If it wasnt for this auld knee injury...........

Owenbeg

Superstar, we have always run our own camp, during the week we have our own senior players with the help of several teachers/parents to coach during the week. We run it in the run up to our festival of hurling each year where all the lads play on the pitch during the weekend. As regards the gear, we always give all the kids a hurling ball each, along with a club t-shirt. The t-shirt is o'neills and this year we dealt with gaakit in North Antrim instead of o'neills direct, which worked out very well in regards of reliablity and i think it was cheaper. T-shirts worked out between £12-£15.

Superstar

Cheers Owenbeg, I'll have a wee look at that
If it wasnt for this auld knee injury...........