The Official "i am never drinking again thread".

Started by BallyhaiseMan, December 20, 2009, 08:40:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celt_Man

Quote from: beer baron on January 14, 2010, 07:45:48 PM
Quote from: The Watcher Pat on January 14, 2010, 06:59:49 PM
That's not really the horrors you guys are explaining. I know a guy who when he drank 4-5 days in a row got the horrors..Thought he was going to die and took panic attacks..Was afraid to get out of bed because he thought his socks were Rats and his belt was a snake. Told me there was someone standing in the corner of his room most nights when he had them. Thats the horrors or "THE FEAR" as he used to call it.

Watcher pat that is indeed the horrors-they don't really occur unless 2 or 3 days full drinking done and that doesn't mean 3 nights in a row it means all day each day and maybe 2-3 hours sleep a night.The following 2 or 3 nights once the session is over are pure torture,afraid of everything in the room feeling like your teeth have fallen out-insomnia-creatures crawling up the walls.Worst ever for me was waking up and thinking i was in a psychiatric ward bed,got up and went out to the bathroom and looked in the mirrror and i was 20 years older and still thought i was in this psychiatric ward-threw water over myself knowing this wasnt possible and after about 5 minutes of throwing cold water on my face i came around to myself-scary stuff!It's usually when  v&rb have been drank for few days in a row!

I have never got it that (yet) lads, although I did lose my vision for a few moments a couple of years but I was still drunk so not sure if that counts...  Always can count on a couple of hours tossing and turning before finally getting to sleep the night after a session
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Rav67

Quote from: beer baron on January 14, 2010, 07:45:48 PM
Quote from: The Watcher Pat on January 14, 2010, 06:59:49 PM
That's not really the horrors you guys are explaining. I know a guy who when he drank 4-5 days in a row got the horrors..Thought he was going to die and took panic attacks..Was afraid to get out of bed because he thought his socks were Rats and his belt was a snake. Told me there was someone standing in the corner of his room most nights when he had them. Thats the horrors or "THE FEAR" as he used to call it.

Watcher pat that is indeed the horrors-they don't really occur unless 2 or 3 days full drinking done and that doesn't mean 3 nights in a row it means all day each day and maybe 2-3 hours sleep a night.The following 2 or 3 nights once the session is over are pure torture,afraid of everything in the room feeling like your teeth have fallen out-insomnia-creatures crawling up the walls.Worst ever for me was waking up and thinking i was in a psychiatric ward bed,got up and went out to the bathroom and looked in the mirrror and i was 20 years older and still thought i was in this psychiatric ward-threw water over myself knowing this wasnt possible and after about 5 minutes of throwing cold water on my face i came around to myself-scary stuff!It's usually when  v&rb have been drank for few days in a row!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delirium_tremens

wherefromreferee?

There is some need for a feed of drink on a Monday night.

When is lent til I go off the devil juice again?  :'(

Phoned in sick today.  Been a long time since Ive done that.
In your Endo!