Unbelievable

Started by Declan, December 17, 2009, 11:54:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: haranguerer on December 18, 2009, 12:59:54 PM
Quote from: muppet on December 18, 2009, 04:10:24 AM

'Date rape' is a rather easy stereotype to apply to this case. The facts don't suggest it was a 'date'.

I wasnt referring to this case - I outlined another I knew off a few posts back. You're better reading a bit of the thread before before posting  ;)

I'd be better off going to bed at 0410 instead of reading the thread!
MWWSI 2017

crossfire

Quote from: cookstownblue on December 18, 2009, 10:50:01 AM
unbelievable story, had a row yesterday on site with one of the lads, I said that rape was a worse crime than murder, and sentences should reflect that, this guy disagreed quite strongly, what do you reckon?

So given a choice you would prefer to see your mother/sister murdered rather than raped. :o

ludermor

Quote from: cookstownblue on December 18, 2009, 01:09:10 PM
Quote from: ludermor on December 18, 2009, 12:20:31 PM
Quote from: cookstownblue on December 18, 2009, 10:56:35 AM
please explain- I'm not condoning either obviously-but i can understand situations where people murder each other, but not rape
I really dont feel i have to explain, bad and all as rape is it cannot be worse than killing someone.
cant agree with you mate
Well thats fair enough, cant see your logic but each to their own.

ludermor

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2009/1218/breaking66.htm

The priest has stepped down, but he has he would give the same reference again. He also said "The evidence that she (the victim) said she was quite blurry about a lot of things -- and, as I said, both were under the influence of alcohol which definitely blurs everything."

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/priest-id-defend-sex-attacker-in-court-again-1980630.html

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: ludermor on December 18, 2009, 04:35:03 PM

The priest has stepped down, but he has he would give the same reference again. He also said "The evidence that she (the victim) said she was quite blurry about a lot of things -- and, as I said, both were under the influence of alcohol which definitely blurs everything."

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/priest-id-defend-sex-attacker-in-court-again-1980630.html

Well at least he did the right thing in the end.
Btw as bad as rape is, you have a chance of rebuilding some semblance of a normal life, murder is final.
Tbc....

ludermor

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on December 18, 2009, 04:54:51 PM

Btw as bad as rape is, you have a chance of rebuilding some semblance of a normal life, murder is final.
He still thinks he did the right thing and he doesnt believe the man is guilty so it is tainted act.
And your comment bout murder is completely how i would see it.

no mo do yakamo

Surely the priest is a hypocrite for condoning adultry?
It wasn't even kennedy in the car.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Declan on December 18, 2009, 10:35:42 AM
Listened to your man's brother on the radio this morning. One one hand he said he wouldn't condone anyone shunning or intimidating the girl and then calls her the "alleged" victim. Unreal.
His fiancee was also interviewd yesterday and when the physical injuries were put to her she said "shure what would you expect to get if you have sex outside on the road" - - paraphrashing her here but I couldn't believe it.
They obviously just can't cope with the reality of the situation.

Wonder what the elected public reps down in that neck of the woods have to say - Oh right SFA.

Great little country
She sounds like a classy lady! At best (or I suppose it's what she wants to believe) her fiancee was going to have sex with another woman "outside on the road". 

"The evidence that she (the victim) said she was quite blurry about a lot of things -- and, as I said, both were under the influence of alcohol which definitely blurs everything."
Sure that's alright then.  Unreal.

On the rape or murder thing, obviously murder is worse but I think the sentences should be the same. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Celt_Man

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on December 18, 2009, 04:54:51 PM
Quote from: ludermor on December 18, 2009, 04:35:03 PM

Yea "he" made that decision after a wee meeting with the bishop, who had earlier distanced himself from the priest's comments....  Me thinks, he jumped before he was pushed
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

The Aristocrat

Thinks it time we all change religion now. Catholic church has no place in Ireland anymore. Not for me anyway, il never step inside a church again, maybe for a funeral but no christenings or weddings. Its all a farce. As for Listowel folk, some people in this country need to be repatrionized in to modern times. Desgraceful carry on.

BAT OUT OF HELL 10

Hi Celt_Man. You think Ireland is bad mate. In the USA they have paid BILLIONS out to poor victims and have even been taking insurance out ready for the next cases.

What saddens me though is the fact that these perverts and paedo's are just moved to amother diocese. Shouldn't they be moved to a prison cell like any normal human being would be? Well, I say normal in a broad sense of the word, as these paedo's aren't normal at all. They're sick in the head. Castrate the lot of them before any more kids lives are ruined.

takeyourownpath

that village sounds like the united opinion of my grandmother! she's under the mindset that if you go out in a short skirt you should expect to be raped, and it's your own fault for dressin that way! sick in the head if you ask me!

SLIGONIAN

I cant fathom the rational of these supporters for the attacker. Its just sick. The priest has only resigned from the parish and is coming to a village near you. Forgiveness and all that, I honestly think priests dont understand forgiveness, its certainly not a show of support in for the attacker in front of the victim, its about inside yourself and not having evil thoughts towards that person inside. Being at peace. But these fckers damned the poor victim in front of her face, it was no act of God.

Look lads we all have our loyalties but you never know everyone 100%. The evidence in this case is damning and clearcut. Actions speak louder than words, how can these people ignore this action. Hope they rot in hell to be honest.

Obviously I wish the victim all the strength in the world and my thoughts are with her in this dark time. I sincerly hope you get your life back and find the strength to find and allow yourself to be happy.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"