Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on December 13, 2009, 11:45:45 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on December 13, 2009, 11:27:00 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on December 13, 2009, 07:37:59 PM
Quote from: AFS on December 13, 2009, 01:51:03 PM
Quote from: Hardy on December 13, 2009, 12:41:05 PM
Quote from: muppet on December 13, 2009, 12:20:30 PM
Quote from: AFS on December 13, 2009, 10:02:14 AM
Quote from: Ash Smoker on December 13, 2009, 12:30:33 AM
Those weird sodium bulbs should be banned from cars.
You get dazzled when someone is driving behind you with them.

Are they the ones that glow bright white, instead of the usual yellowish colour?

Stupid cnuts driving about all the time with their fog lights on annoy me too.

And it's illegal.

There needs to be a recognised signal for that, like flashing your lights to let people know there's a speed trap  (mayogodhelpus will have me frogmarched to jail for that one) or flashing hazard lights to say thanks, or the like, to let these clowns know their fog lights are blinding you. I've been trying to introduce the one where you train your full headlights on them (you dazzle me, you're going to get dazzled back) but it never seems to work.  (Snatch squad being scrambled in Mayo).

I've been using this approach too.

Have to admit I do stick on the fulls for a split second to let spas coming in the opposite direction that they have their fulls on (split second mind). If someone is driving to close to me, I stick on my hazards for about a second, I repeat twice more, if they persist I turn the light on inside my car and give them the finger.

So you turn on the light in your car,turn around and give them the finger all while driving?
You are more of a hazard on the road than anyone you are complaining about

Don't turn around, have done it twice, left hand up - light on, left hand up finger raised, rotate wrist and they back off, yip I know its not smart or good driving, but I'm sick to my shit of d**kheads driving to withing 2 metres of the back of my car with their full lights on, they won't back off or pass me out.

A couple of foot taps on the brake and they will get the message. Less dangerous that f**king about turning on and off lights...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

cokers

Quote from: Niall Quinn on December 13, 2009, 12:22:28 AM
I'm developing a strain of nocturnal tourette's and these b**tards are to blame - any other sufferers out there?
Is it simply because their headlights are that bit higher off the ground that us folks in cars get blinded?
Surely manufacturers can rectify this

Maybe you should consider a tractor Niall!