Really Depressing Films

Started by Orior, December 10, 2009, 08:19:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

If you want that happy Christmas feeling suppressed, then watch the film on Network Two tonight.

Its called Open Water, and when I saw it first I thought it was fiction.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

midLouth

I saw the adverts on tv for it and thought, eh no! I wonder did it have a happy ending, somehow I doubt it.

Minder

Quote from: Orior on December 10, 2009, 08:19:05 PM
If you want that happy Christmas feeling suppressed, then watch the film on Network Two tonight.

Is that the one where the couple were on a scuba diving trip and got left behind accidentally and perished/were eaten by the sharks?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Orior

Quote from: Minder on December 10, 2009, 08:57:15 PM

Is that the one where the couple were on a scuba diving trip and got left behind accidentally and perished/were eaten by the sharks?

Spolier Alert! Answer below

Yes

Whoops - that didnt work like I planned

Lady GAA GAA

I laughed a lot at the film when I went to see it at the cinema. It's pathetic.

Depressing  :D

lurganblue

Saw this pile of tripe before too. f**k it's brutal alright... I feel sorry for anyone who had to sit though it in the cinema.

Orior

Quote from: Lady GAA GAA on December 10, 2009, 09:14:45 PM

Hmmm.       *Makes mental note that LGG is evil*

Lady GAA GAA

Quote from: Orior on December 10, 2009, 09:22:19 PM
Quote from: Lady GAA GAA on December 10, 2009, 09:14:45 PM

Hmmm.       *Makes mental note that LGG is evil*

watch it tonight and you'll see what i mean.

Celt_Man

that is depressing and brutal and Deep Blue Sea on ITV Ireland (or TV 3) is just brutal....
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

pintsofguinness

I quite like that film, it's eerie.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Ulick

They both die in the end so who did they tell the story to?

Watched a film called Precious the other week. Black, obese, illiterate, teenager gets raped by her father from the age of three, has two children to him, one with Downs, abused by her mother for 'stealing her man' and then catches HIV.

And there was me expecting the latest Yankie rom-com.

ludermor

A Gaaboarder was advised by his flatmate to watch Hard Candy with his woman. Its about a young girl who traps a paedophile , drugs him, tortures him mentally and physically then makes him commit sucide. Its a nice coming of age drama!

stew

Quote from: ludermor on December 10, 2009, 11:04:49 PM
A Gaaboarder was advised by his flatmate to watch Hard Candy with his woman. Its about a young girl who traps a paedophile , drugs him, tortures him mentally and physically then makes him commit sucide. Its a nice coming of age drama!

Thats what we need to do with all these sick fcukers that diddles kids, I'm all for that sort of thing when it comes to paedophiles.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

stew

Quote from: hardstation on December 10, 2009, 11:11:14 PM
Quote from: stew on December 10, 2009, 11:07:53 PM
Quote from: ludermor on December 10, 2009, 11:04:49 PM

Thats what we need to do with all these sick fcukers that diddles kids, I'm all for that sort of thing when it comes to paedophiles.
Yes, good idea. Is anyone willing to put their sister/daughter forward to carry this out?
FFS.

Obviously I wouldnt want a child to go through that, I wasnt really being serious in that post and I wouldnt like to see anyone tortured but seriously I would like them to get a bullet between the eyes, you know, just to make sure they would rape childer no more.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

ONeill

Didn't realise how depressing Castaway was til I watched it for the 11th time. Serious downer. Poor Wilson.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.