Jim Magilton - WTF?

Started by Hurler on the Bitch, December 09, 2009, 11:50:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldhacker

Back in his teenage days, Jim Magilton was one of the best club and college GAA players seen in Belfast over the last 30 years. Did he and Steve Staunton marry two sisters when they were at Liverpool ?

T Fearon

Looks like the traitor is on his way out at Loftus Road, with big hitters like Coppell, Curbishley and Ince all being mentioned. Probably the excuse the powers that be were looking for to get shot of him. ;D

No way ref

why do you call him a traitor

Celt_Man

Quote from: Oldhacker on December 10, 2009, 11:22:05 AM
Back in his teenage days, Jim Magilton was one of the best club and college GAA players seen in Belfast over the last 30 years. Did he and Steve Staunton marry two sisters when they were at Liverpool ?

aye my auld boy informs me that's true
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

T Fearon

Any non unionist who represents the North of Ireland soccer team and respects a foreign flag and anthem is a traitor in my view. I wsih that Hungarian bloke had decked him or kicked him in the goulashes ;D

T Fearon

Total respect for John Gorman, a member of the quality st gang along with Dalglish and Mc Grain at Celtic Park in the late 60s and a former Spurs player to boot. Lost his wife a few years ago tragically to cancer. It must be soul destroying for him to be second in command to a tube like Magilton

stew

Quote from: T Fearon on December 10, 2009, 10:16:54 PM
Any non unionist who represents the North of Ireland soccer team and respects a foreign flag and anthem is a traitor in my view. I wsih that Hungarian bloke had decked him or kicked him in the goulashes ;D

So big Pat is a traitor then Tony?

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

haranguerer

Sos darren gibson for e.g. then, he played for NI underage.

Should we not all have some respect for foreign flags and anthems, or do you advocate booing all the way through the oppositions anthem when the republic are playing?

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Hurler on the Bitch

Quote from: ONeill on December 16, 2009, 10:23:44 PM
He's a goner.

Worthington for Wednesday - Magilton for NI? - with a bit of luck, he'll stick the head into Gerry Armstrong!

tyssam5

Any truth in the rumour that Magilton gave Keith Gillespie a spot of similar treatment during a NI tour a number of years back?

redhugh

Quote from: tyssam5 on December 16, 2009, 11:53:35 PM
Any truth in the rumour that Magilton gave Keith Gillespie a spot of similar treatment during a NI tour a number of years back?

Hopefully.

Hurler on the Bitch

tyssam5

Quote from: Hurler on the Bitch on December 17, 2009, 12:03:39 AM
was that not Shearer?

Aye Shearer gave him a smacking in Dublin on a Newcastle trip, but Gillespie has been the recipient of more than one attempt to put some manners on him.

saffron sam2

Quote from: hardstation on December 17, 2009, 12:12:39 AM
Quote from: tyssam5 on December 16, 2009, 11:53:35 PM
I was told that the other day. Apparently "Fenian" was said by Gillespie. I was told that he didn't play under Brian Hamilton after that.

I wouldn't take that as Gospel.

Allegedly Dowie came in to back up the Fenian.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet