Jim Magilton - WTF?

Started by Hurler on the Bitch, December 09, 2009, 11:50:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hurler on the Bitch

Head-butting players so it's claimed. 100 quid on him as next NI manager .. but adios west London

Lady GAA GAA

Rav67

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_5760771,00.html

Doesn't mention headbutting but I'm sure whatever he did it must have been more than a bit of the hairdryer treatment, since his suspension is likely to continue for the "forseeable future."

Archie Mitchell

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1234429/QPR-manager-Jim-Magilton-suspended-Akos-Buzsaky-headbutt-row.html

When Magilton, who was appointed at Loftus Road in June, asked the Hungarian if he thought he was being bullied, Buzsaky responded with a shrug of the shoulders and said 'whatever'.

But Magilton reacted furiously to that, and allegedly butted the 27-year-old midfielder.

He did not draw blood but it was serious enough, Sportsmail understands, for burly striker Patrick Agyemang to feel compelled to intervene and separate the two men.

Witnesses say Agyemang then squared up to his manager and condemned him for what was an unprovoked act of violence.

Magilton is then said to have asked him if he wanted the same treatment, and it was only when Agyemang said he would like to see him try that the Ulsterman backed off.

Still in his kit, Buzsaky stormed out of the dressing room and, resisting calls from assistant manager John Gorman to return, remained by the pitch before moving to the warmth of the Watford kit man's room half an hour later.

First Tony Pullis, now Jom Magilton. Who will be next?

No way ref

I played colleges football against Magilton when he was at St Marys Belfast CBS. They had a good team and he was an excellent player. Think they got to a corn na og or dalton final

GalwayBayBoy

QuoteMagilton is then said to have asked him if he wanted the same treatment, and it was only when Agyemang said he would like to see him try that the Ulsterman backed off.

Was Magilton pished or something? Going around offering to stick the nut on his players. :D

rosnarun

QuoteJohn Gorman

isnt that the guy with the exotic party trick with a buckey or have i the wrong man
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Minder

I think Agyemang would have put manners on Jim.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

saffron sam2

Jim's just doing the ground work for a return to Sarsfield's.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Minder

Quote from: saffron sam2 on December 10, 2009, 08:29:51 AM

The headbutt was always the favoured response to any disagreement from the Sarsfields men.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Minder on December 10, 2009, 08:32:44 AM
Quote from: saffron sam2 on December 10, 2009, 08:29:51 AM

The headbutt was always the favoured response to any disagreement from the Sarsfields men.
Even when the opposing player is still  wearing his helmet.

You can take Jim out of West Belfast...

Doogie Browser

Quote from: rosnarun on December 10, 2009, 03:31:20 AM
QuoteJohn Gorman

isnt that the guy with the exotic party trick with a buckey or have i the wrong man
Think you are on about Steve Harrison, he shits into paper cups apparently  :o

Minder

Quote from: Doogie Browser on December 10, 2009, 10:04:20 AM
QuoteJohn Gorman

Is he the fella that used to be the England physio? I think he actually did it from the top of a wardrobe if it is the same fella.

Doogie Browser

Quote from: Minder on December 10, 2009, 10:23:46 AM
Quote from: Doogie Browser on December 10, 2009, 10:04:20 AM
QuoteJohn Gorman

Is he the fella that used to be the England physio? I think he actually did it from the top of a wardrobe if it is the same fella.

Thats him and his trick alright, great sense of direction.

the colonel

That's were a good bearpit education gets ya.
the difference between success and failure is energy