Morgan's Spiced

Started by mournerambler, December 07, 2009, 11:03:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mournerambler

It's not too hard to tell that the season is over, hence the lack of GAA discussion taking place.
I've been a drinker of Jameson for years but after hearing lots of other people talking about this stuff (including my father-in-law who has been drinking Bushmills for 50 years) so today I bought a bottle of Morgan's Spiced & I have to confeess that it is quite the dogs b@lls, anyone else on here a fan & if so what's the best way to drink it?
I usually drink Jameson neat but with the Morgan's Spiced i'm trying it with a little coke & ice.

ardmhachaabu

I like it with a little ice

It's a very nice rum
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

Gabriel_Hurl

Morgan's Spiced and Coke is my choice of drink if I'm drinking shorts

gallsman

Tried to like it during the summer after hearing everyone go on about it and selling a good load of it in work.

Found it incredibly straight neat, and sickeningly so with Coke,

stiffler

Think it has changed its name to captain morgans?
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

mournerambler

Quote from: stiffler on December 07, 2009, 11:10:43 PM
Think it has changed its name to captain morgans?

I've been shafted then >:(
Bought a 1Litre bottle of Morgan's Spiced in ASDA today for £15, must be old stock :o

Puckoon

Double captain and 7.
Pucks a happy camper.

High Wide and Handsome

Aye it was morgans spiced, up to a year or so ago, it was always captain morgan's in usa so dont know why it had different names across the atlantic.

Great drink, tried it when I was 17 or so and have drunk it since.
"Swing er over!"

ludermor

I was at a wedding in Donegal a few year back ( at the tip of Inishowen) and all the women were drinking it, they were gone demented!

Archie Mitchell

Great drink. Very dear for a carry out though. I think both are the same, just changed names.

Usually drink it with coke, and get a slice of lime and squeeze it into it. Gives it an extra wee kick. Also nice with Fanta Orange, tastes like the joker ice lolly. Can be a bit sickening though if drink too much of it.

ha ha derry

gimme two pina coladas
one for each hand
lets set sail with captain morgan......

ballinaman

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on December 08, 2009, 09:14:35 AM
Great drink. Very dear for a carry out though. I think both are the same, just changed names.

Usually drink it with coke, and get a slice of lime and squeeze it into it. Gives it an extra wee kick. Also nice with Fanta Orange, tastes like the joker ice lolly. Can be a bit sickening though if drink too much of it.
Was going to say that, reminds me of those super splits ice creams. Big thing about the drink though is the thirst the next morning, most dehydrating drink ever.

the colonel

drink it by the bucket load,

double morgans in a pint glass, coke and a head of guiness (called a blackbeard). its the business
the difference between success and failure is energy