Previous topic - Next topic

Onion Bag

The Walkabout Bar is a great spot
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

bingobus

Quote from: supersarsfields on December 08, 2009, 10:37:32 AM
Quote from: bingobus on December 08, 2009, 10:22:20 AM
Quote from: Rav67 on December 07, 2009, 07:44:39 PM
Will be there from early on Saturday, heading to Liverpool Arsenal on Sunday.  Tis my first time in the city, I expect I'll try O'Neills as heard its pretty good and then onto somewhere in Concert Sq at night- any particularly good clubs?  And where would be good for pre-match pints?

I'll also be in Liverpool on Saturday for the game Sunday. Have the wife in toe so we'll be doing the sensible leg of the tour, meal in restaurant down by the Albert dock and maybe a few scoops down there after it.

Concert square is your only spot, O'Neills for a few during the day or even up to The Beehive and Rileys. Concert full of good late bars/clubs. Walkabout was dull enough a few weeks back when I was in it. The Living room and a few other places further up are very good. You'll not go to far wrong once you're in that area.

Is that the Italian? Have heard good noises about it if it is. Have only moved over to Liverpool last week and have to say I'm enjoying it. Did bit of a pub crawl on Sat night. Started of in a mexican down in Liverpool one, then went to Pogues for a couple, then onto Revolutions (which seemed a nice spot) then finally on to the Razz. Used to spend quite a bit of time over here when i was in uni aswell and was always impressed with the walkabout.

Yes the Italian, Gusto. Fine spot by all accounts. Had looked to get into Alma De Cuba but it was booked out weeks ago.

Been in dozens of spots round concert square but couldn't put a name to half of them!!

Also wasn't impressed with Mathew street a few weeks back. Seemed everyone to be pissed by 7 in the evening and it was full of mother and daughter combos  ;D  ;D

The views weren't comparing to those round concert Sq  ;D

sammymaguire

Blue and Pan-Am are nice spots on the Albert Dock for the upmarket

O'Neills, Living Room, Babycream,

www.angelsliverpool.co.uk  ;)  www.dreamersliverpool.co.uk  ;)

and Masquerade if you are of that persuasion...
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

southdown

O'Neills then Walkabout, couldnt beat it, its my Saturday night routine.  If your still able to walk after Walkabout head to Funkybox, open til 7am, mental.

The Raz is a dive, but a good laugh, and you will ruin your jeans.

5 Sams

If you like cheesy 80s stuff then check out the Reflex....great crack.
The Aristocrat Years

mournerambler

Quote from: Onion Bag on December 08, 2009, 11:43:03 AM
X in the City

You dirty aul brute :D
Been there a couple of years back with a stag weekend, the draught beer was sh-te but the eye candy made up for that.

Onion Bag

Quote from: mournerambler on December 08, 2009, 03:16:37 PM
X in the City

Been there a couple of years back with a stag weekend, the draught beer was sh-te but the eye candy made up for that.

Gr8 spot,

bingobus

Quote from: Onion Bag on December 08, 2009, 03:24:59 PM
X in the City

Gr8 spot,

Shite spot,
In it once , late in night when its more of a late bar and the dancing stops. Anyway, one of the lads got thumped by another punter as the bouncers held our lad down. No idea why but one of the dancers seemed to be egging the punter on for some reason.

cookstownblue

X in the City

Gr8 spot,
best spot about liverpool- as well as the road outa it (to manchester)

Onion Bag

Quote from: bingobus on December 08, 2009, 03:31:43 PM
X in the City

Gr8 spot,

Shite spot,
In it once , late in night when its more of a late bar and the dancing stops. Anyway, one of the lads got thumped by another punter as the bouncers held our lad down. No idea why but one of the dancers seemed to be egging the punter on for some reason.

You can take the man out of Monaghan but you cant take mongahan out of the man, do you want to tell us all why you were in a strip club on a stag party when all the dancers have gone home for the night  :D :D :D,

bingobus

Quote from: Onion Bag on December 08, 2009, 04:04:49 PM
Quote from: bingobus on December 08, 2009, 03:31:43 PM
X in the City

Gr8 spot,

Shite spot,

You can take the man out of Monaghan but you cant take mongahan out of the man, do you want to tell us all why you were in a strip club on a stag party when all the dancers have gone home for the night  :D :D :D,

Said Monaghan man had a lovely black eye to go home with on top the fact he lost the wedding ring acting the clown with a busker on the street hours earlier.  ;D  ;D

And the reason we where in the place was cause at 6 in the morning it was one of the last places open serving drink. The dancers where present but off duty.

Onion Bag

I can just see it, a crowd of Monaghan Men full as 'Bingo Buses' (No Pun intended) torturing a load of off duty strippers @ 06:00 in the morning

i think i have an idea why a fight broke out 

bingobus

Quote from: Onion Bag on December 08, 2009, 04:29:11 PM
I can just see it, a crowd of Monaghan Men full as 'Bingo Buses' (No Pun intended) torturing a load of off duty strippers @ 06:00 in the morning

i think i have an idea why a fight broke out

;D  ;D

To be honest, Pamela Anderson and the crew of baywatch could have been in attendence, we'd not have cared at that stage. More attention was been paid to the barmen incase they tried to close before we got another round in!! Maybe the strippers got jealous  ;D