The Real Laoislad
22 (37.9%)
Gnevin
27 (46.6%)
Other (name them)
9 (15.5%)

Total Members Voted: 58

ross4life

my ugly celeb thread was deleted yet this is still here  ::)
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

longrunsthefox

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on December 05, 2009, 09:19:06 PM
Quote from: longrunsthefox on December 05, 2009, 09:16:24 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on December 05, 2009, 09:09:57 PM
Quote from: longrunsthefox on December 05, 2009, 09:06:21 PM
'West Briton (adjective West British; both often shortened to West Brit) is a pejorative term for an Irish person who is alleged by the user of the term to be excessively sympathetic to the United Kingdom or who takes his cultural and social cues from Great Britain.
...you know like calling Liverpool FC... 'we'  ;)

Does having a Grandad(god rest his soul) who was raised in Liverpool(by Irish parents and was born in Kilkenny) and supported Liverpool FC and passed his love of them onto me give me the right to call them we?
Thats why I started supporting Liverpool.......

... is British culture though as defined above. Stop throwing in the emotive stuff too. My Da is dead and buried and loved Celtic, doesn't mean I have to. 'Passed it on to you'... like you had no choice  ::)  Still don't get the 'we' by the way.

Why do you let it bother you so much?
Have you nothing else to worry about only someone calling a team they support "we"  ???
It doesn't bother me  :)I find it hilarious that someone gets upset over it...  :D

Of course it doesn't bother you. It's you that does it  ::) Don't bother me either... just find it a bit pathetic

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: longrunsthefox on December 05, 2009, 09:43:37 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on December 05, 2009, 09:19:06 PM
Quote from: longrunsthefox on December 05, 2009, 09:16:24 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on December 05, 2009, 09:09:57 PM
Quote from: longrunsthefox on December 05, 2009, 09:06:21 PM
'West Briton (adjective West British; both often shortened to West Brit) is a pejorative term for an Irish person who is alleged by the user of the term to be excessively sympathetic to the United Kingdom or who takes his cultural and social cues from Great Britain.
...you know like calling Liverpool FC... 'we'  ;)

Does having a Grandad(god rest his soul) who was raised in Liverpool(by Irish parents and was born in Kilkenny) and supported Liverpool FC and passed his love of them onto me give me the right to call them we?
Thats why I started supporting Liverpool.......

... is British culture though as defined above. Stop throwing in the emotive stuff too. My Da is dead and buried and loved Celtic, doesn't mean I have to. 'Passed it on to you'... like you had no choice  ::)  Still don't get the 'we' by the way.

Why do you let it bother you so much?
Have you nothing else to worry about only someone calling a team they support "we"  ???
It doesn't bother me  :)I find it hilarious that someone gets upset over it...  :D

Of course it doesn't bother you. It's you that does it  ::) Don't bother me either... just find it a bit pathetic

Ah I'd say it does bother you
You'll Never Walk Alone.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

The local paper in Cornwall is the West Briton, found this out when someone called me a West Brit in an argument while travelling (it was an angry drunk anti-semetic, racist, anti-European, Nordie, who vision on peace was reinacting a Conservative Party Conference in Brighton and he anounced that belief in a large group of people from across Europe, including many British). He called me a W.B. after I told him to shut the f**k up you bloody embarrasement. I Got really angry when he retorted that I was a WB, to the amusement of a Cornish couple who where taken aback that it was an insult, them considering Cornish people to be West Britons. The stupid pleb had the nerve to his rant, while wearing a Chelsea FC jersey and me wearing my Mayo jersey.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Donnellys Hollow

There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Donnellys Hollow

and the last time I saw Joxer he was saying "who's this Conor Cruise O'Brien"

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on December 05, 2009, 10:27:36 PM
and the last time I saw Joxer he was saying "who's this Conor Cruise O'Brien"

A Traitor if I ever seen one.

Donnellys Hollow

The Real Laoislad

If you type West Brit into google images(with safe search turned off) the first image is of a naked lady tweaking her own nips
You'll Never Walk Alone.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on December 05, 2009, 10:25:08 PM
Kevin My-arse

Annoys the fck out of me, especially the time he was going on about Munster people having the greatest sense of Provincial identity, utter bullshit based on a rugby outlook on the world. Ulster people cannot be written off as not having a distinct identity and similary Connacht people.

muppet

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on December 05, 2009, 10:31:47 PM
If you type West Brit into google images(with safe search turned off) the first image is of a naked lady tweaking her own nips

That explains your avatar.
MWWSI 2017

Donnellys Hollow

Donnellys Hollow

Kyran Bracken

Have some of that you traitor!

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Irish presenters on UK tv based in Britain who use "we" when referring to something British, they sell their soul for the Kings Shilling, at least Unionists have personal convictions, those prats are just hoaring themselves.

Donnellys Hollow

Ballylongford's finest!